Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will former Christians that became Atheists go to heaven?
YES 16 34.78%
NO 30 65.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 07:45 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times

Advertisements

I would say a hardened heart is the heart that can accept the erroneous idea that the Creator is sending some or most of his beloved children into "eternal suffering"... because they did not "believe" the right thing, in the "allotted" time that they were here on earth.

A hardened heart is merely a heart that is protecting itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 07:57 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I would say a hardened heart is the heart that can accept the erroneous idea that the Creator is sending some or most of his beloved children into "eternal suffering"... because they did not "believe" the right thing, in the "allotted" time that they were here on earth.
A hardened heart is merely a heart that is protecting itself.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:38 PM

250 posts, read 218,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You must not believe in the New Covenant, Cyber . . . because with the advent of Christ God has said He has "written in our hearts" and we have Christ who abides with us as the Comforter to guide us to the truth that is there. Do you believe that or do you still believe the Old Covenant when the heart was not to be trusted and we only had the words "written in ink"??
So what do you think of Jesus who said "For out of the heart come evil thoughts--murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander"?

Old 06-26-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
So what do you think of Jesus who said "For out of the heart come evil thoughts--murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander"?
Matt 15:19 is explaining that what defiles a man is what comes out of his mouth not what goes in or the cleanliness of his hands. At this time Jesus was still with us in body and had not died and been reborn as Spirit. He was not available to us as the Comforter within our consciousness to guide us to the truth that God would "write in our hearts" after His crucifixion and return at Pentecost instituting the New Covenant.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
You must not believe in the New Covenant, Cyber . . . because with the advent of Christ God has said He has "written in our hearts" and we have Christ who abides with us as the Comforter to guide us to the truth that is there. Do you believe that or do you still believe the Old Covenant when the heart was not to be trusted and we only had the words "written in ink"??
No, Mystic, I don't believe in the god you believe and worship !
I've witness in listening and reading by what comes out of you and your group the god you all listen too in what he has "written in your hearts," this god is nothing like the God of all creation. Just by the way you all treat, speak to others (your neighbor) here in this forum I know with all my heart it is not the God Jesus has revealed to the world, as there is no fruit of the Spirit whatsoever in what is being said or done to others ! Regardless what others believe, what church, whatever !

If one truly knew the love of God as you all proclaim, the agape love, that love would be in the attitude of the heart toward ALL ppl. Yet, what we witness that comes out of the mouth, heart is so unkind and such words and attitude posted and acted upon is not in the action nor the vocabulary of God's love, as love knows no such behavior and definitely does no harm to its neighbor physically, emotionally and spiritually, no matter who they are ! !

No, I want nothing to do with the god you all seem to believe in and worship !
I love with all my♥the God Jesus has introduced my life too . He's the greatest thing that has ever happen in my life !

Old 06-27-2014, 05:55 AM

250 posts, read 218,942 times
Quote:
Matt 15:19 is explaining that what defiles a man is what comes out of his mouth not what goes in or the cleanliness of his hands. At this time Jesus was still with us in body and had not died and been reborn as Spirit. He was not available to us as the Comforter within our consciousness to guide us to the truth that God would "write in our hearts" after His crucifixion and return at Pentecost instituting the New Covenant.
So you are saying we cannot go by what Jesus said?

Jesus was not "reborn as spirit" but His body was resurrected and ascended into heaven and the Spirit (not Jesus Himself) was sent to us.

The New Covenant was instituted by the shed blood of Jesus and not the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:53 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
No, Mystic, I don't believe in the god you believe and worship !
I've witness in listening and reading by what comes out of you and your group the god you all listen too in what he has "written in your hearts," this god is nothing like the God of all creation. Just by the way you all treat, speak to others (your neighbor) here in this forum I know with all my heart it is not the God Jesus has revealed to the world, as there is no fruit of the Spirit whatsoever in what is being said or done to others ! Regardless what others believe, what church, whatever !

If one truly knew the love of God as you all proclaim, the agape love, that love would be in the attitude of the heart toward ALL ppl. Yet, what we witness that comes out of the mouth, heart is so unkind and such words and attitude posted and acted upon is not in the action nor the vocabulary of God's love, as love knows no such behavior and definitely does no harm to its neighbor physically, emotionally and spiritually, no matter who they are ! !

I love with all my♥the God Jesus has introduced my life too . He's the greatest thing that has ever happen in my life !

Hi Cyber Munchkin,

You said:
Quote:
1. "you all" is a bit vague. Who exactly are you addressing? Are you putting me in this group? (If so, I would like to have examples of what you are seeing in how I treat and speak to others here on the forum. What exactly do you find objectionable?) Accusations without evidence is a bit tough to address in a post.

2. Why do you say: "this god is nothing like the God of all creation". (What I bolded above in your post.) What are the differences?

thanks,
sparrow

Old 06-27-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
So you are saying we cannot go by what Jesus said?
Of course not. I just explained what Jesus said and what He was actually talking about. He was NOT denying the New Covenant wherein God has "written in our hearts."
Quote:
Jesus was not "reborn as spirit" but His body was resurrected and ascended into heaven and the Spirit (not Jesus Himself) was sent to us.
I will not debate the carnal-minded focus on physical bodies in this thread. No one gets a physical body after death. It is a spiritual body and that is what Christ was "resurrected to." As a Spirit His human consciousness made His Holy Spirit available to us all within our consciousness as the Comforter. The reason God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are ONE is because they are all the SAME consciousness . . . that is why to know the "mind of God" (consciousness) we have the "mind of Christ" (consciousness).
Quote:
The New Covenant was instituted by the shed blood of Jesus and not the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.
It is the entire sequence of events that instituted the New Covenant.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:36 AM

4 posts, read 3,034 times
2 Paul 2 has your answer for you and isn't as highly interpretive as other verses. It is actually worse than if they were never saved at all than to choose to voluntarily reject. Remember, Jesus tells even some that perform miracles and profess knowing Jesus that he knows them not and they shall be cast away. 19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.” 20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,”[g] and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
I believe none are lost. What i would ask the atheist that was formerly a christian, when you was a bible believing christian, what did being born again mean to you?, i am sure being saved meant being saved from eternal hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity