Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 09:56 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Says who? God has told me the He indeed hates, so where does your authority come from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
A source higher than yours. For love is the greatest.
I believe he must be implying that he talks directly to God, pcamps . . . otherwise how could he claim that God told him anything???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 12:40 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Originally Posted by twin.spin
  • and made Jesus out to be the worst despicable sinner that will ever walk the face of the earth

That is who God is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Only in your mind.
1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross

Isaiah 53:6
and the LORD has laid on him [Jesus] the iniquity of us all.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For our sake he [God] made him [Jesus] to be sin who knew no sin,

Every conceivable sin possible was placed on Jesus as if he had committed each and every one by each and every person that will have ever lived.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:52 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,080,632 times
God would only "Hate" if it was incapable of "Pity." It's a similar concept to how Mercy is the opposite of Justice.
It's a philosophical paradox. How could Evil be Loved by the Good? But Good can be Hated by the Evil. The Good would Pity Evil. Why would Good "destroy" evil, isn't destruction evil? Why would Good procrastinate if destroying Evil was good?

People are desperate to remove responsibility from themselves. So they invent paradoxes of merciful justice, because it suits them, if it didn't, they wouldn't care to hold them. This wonderful world just isn't good enough for them the way it seems, hard and random.

Satan must Love if God Hates. It often boils down to semantics.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:32 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Every conceivable sin possible was placed on Jesus as if he had committed each and every one by each and every person that will have ever lived.
I realize the televangelists have been teaching this for decades, but there is no scripture to back it up. I hate the way the statement bides one to imagine every sordid type of foul act being placed alongside our image of Jesus. I do not believe this teaching. I believe that since every person has the seed of Christ within yet must endure mortality, corruption and all manner of sin, that in this way all the sin is put on Christ. And as a parallel with the scripture in Isaiah where it says "His visage was so marred he was unrecognizable" the same can be said of the human race as it walks through death and hell (Christ is here with us). Only by faith are we now lifted up out of hell, torment, and the misery that plagues those who do not share the blessed hope. Our mission should be to lift others out of hell (visit those in prison, feed the hungry)- these words are spirit. Instead some offer nothing but a drink of vinegar instead of water. I know some can hear what I am speaking.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Does God feel both happiness and sadness? Of course. So why do some people think that agape love and intense dislike cannot exist in the same perfect being?
That's what I am trying to ask, but getting answers is like pulling teeth.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because hate is a human psychological WEAKNESS of our ego. God has no such WEAKNESSES. Why do I even try????
It must be frustrating to expect everyone to take your personal opinions for gospel. My opinions is that human hate is very different from what God feels, as human hate has evil motivations and intents.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe he must be implying that he talks directly to God, pcamps . . . otherwise how could he claim that God told him anything???
I guess we can rule out God as the source of your views. Your views are the product of the human mind, which you describe as weak.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:32 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I guess we can rule out God as the source of your views. Your views are the product of the human mind, which you describe as weak.
Love your neighbor as yourself,repent when we don't or we will reap what we sow is of the human mind. No wonder you believe what you do.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Love your neighbor as yourself,repent when we don't or we will reap what we sow is of the human mind. No wonder you believe what you do.
Come back when you figure out what people were talking about.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:50 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Come back when you figure out what people were talking about.
The OP and your disdain for Mystics belief of love your neighbor as yourself and repent when we don't, which is the foundation of everything he says, which you call a product of the human mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity