Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 12:25 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,560,957 times

Advertisements

No women priests is not misogynistic unless you think Jesus, who set up the priesthood to be men only, is misogynist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 11:24 AM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No women priests is not misogynistic unless you think Jesus, who set up the priesthood to be men only, is misogynist.
Jesus did no such thing!! His chief apostle to the apostles was Mary Magdelene. The chauvinistic men of the time . . . chief among them being Peter . . . rebelled against the idea . . . NOT Jesus.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus did no such thing!! His chief apostle to the apostles was Mary Magdelene. The chauvinistic men of the time . . . chief among them being Peter . . . rebelled against the idea . . . NOT Jesus.
Where did you learn that? There were 12 apostles and they were only men. If anyone was an apostle to the apostles it would be Jesus' mother, but the bible never called her an apostle. Peter would have followed what Jesus wanted to the letter. If Peter rebelled he would have been thrown out, like Judas was.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:00 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,857,664 times
The Pope is selfish for not taking in all the homeless, orphaned, sick, and unwanted kids in the world. How's that?

Old 02-19-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Where did you learn that? There were 12 apostles and they were only men. If anyone was an apostle to the apostles it would be Jesus' mother, but the bible never called her an apostle. Peter would have followed what Jesus wanted to the letter. If Peter rebelled he would have been thrown out, like Judas was.
Sorry Janelle . . . the bulk of what you have been taught in Catholicism is simply not true. Without extensive Bible scholarship and study of ALL the Gospels and writings . . . including those that were eliminated from the canon . . . you cannot possibly understand the truth. It is a fate that the Catholic hierarchy has imposed on its followers and they carry a heavy burden for it. I do not expect you to believe me nor would I try to change your mind about these issues. You deeply believe and associate those misrepresentations with your love of God. I would not want to in any way damage that devotion to God over mistaken beliefs that in the final analysis will have little to do with your love of God.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:32 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,244,799 times
Quote:
Sorry Janelle . . . the bulk of what you have been taught in Catholicism is simply not true. Without extensive Bible scholarship and study of ALL the Gospels and writings . . . including those that were eliminated from the canon . . . you cannot possibly understand the truth. It is a fate that the Catholic hierarchy has imposed on its followers and they carry a heavy burden for it. I do not expect you to believe me nor would I try to change your mind about these issues. You deeply believe and associate those misrepresentations with your love of God. I would not want to in any way damage that devotion to God over mistaken beliefs that in the final analysis will have little to do with your love of God.
For a guy who routinely tells me that we shouldn't look to the Bible for truth, why are you now telling her that?

Old 02-19-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
The Pope is selfish for not taking in all the homeless, orphaned, sick, and unwanted kids in the world. How's that?
And sos your mother. Oh, are we now playing that game or what? I can't keep up. HAHAHAHAHA

Old 02-19-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
So you can't say where you learned that. Ok, I understand.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
For a guy who routinely tells me that we shouldn't look to the Bible for truth, why are you now telling her that?
For a guy who has been routinely told that the Bible (and the other writings excluded from it) CONTAIN truth in inspirations from God . . . why do you routinely pretend that you do not understand it??? Your all-or-nothing approach to the Bible is patently fallacious as has been demonstrated repeatedly. Your refusal to filter it using the "mind of Christ" (the Spirit of agape love) is your major failing.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
So you can't say where you learned that. Ok, I understand.
Have you read the Gospel of Mary? Do you even know what that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity