Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 08:24 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I agree with you, Eusebius, though I will confess I am not a millennial (as I understand millennial-ism) which I think refers to those who are looking for a literal/earthly thousand year reign of Christ to come after the great tribulation. Please correct me if I'm wrong about my definition.
Christ is going to come back and set foot on Mt. Zion (Romans 11:26, Rev.14:1).

And in Matthew 23:3 the disciples asked Jesus "what is the sign of Thy presence and (what is the sign of) the conclusion of the eon?"

All the signs Jesus told them have not come to pass yet. Remember, not just one of the signs but all the
signs must come to pass prior to His return. And His return will be to rescue Israel from the man of
lawlessness, the beast, the antichrist. He is not going to come and take all those Israelites to heaven. He
is going to bring the kingdom OF heaven to earth. Abraham and others will come from the east and west
and sit down in that kingdom:

Mat_8:11 I am saying to you that many from the east and the west shall be arriving and reclining with
Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens,

The kingdom OF the heavens is going to be set up in Israel for 1000 years.

I think the reason people believe in no coming millennial reign is they subscribe to the unbelief of
the Catholic Church on this matter.

Chiliasm (Greek for 1000), otherwise knows as 1000 year-ism was believed by the earliest church for hundreds of years. You can read more about it here: Millennialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What I find interesting is that Christians, at least some Christians will believe the judgment scriptures and make them their major premise rather than believe all the verses of God's ultimate goal to save all mankind, justify all mankind, make all mankind righteous, vivify all mankind and be All in all mankind. Maybe they are afraid if they do make the salvation of all verses their major premise they are afraid they will lose friends and get kicked out of their church. But what is more important? losing friends or believing God?

Old 06-05-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Provide just one where someone says God throwing people in eternal trash heap is the good news.
See post 290.

Thank you.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
See post 290.

Thank you.
I saw it. None of them say what you claim they say, and since they are hundreds of years old, none of them could logically support your claim about what "many Christians think" (in present tense).

Old 06-05-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I saw it. None of them say what you claim they say, and since they are hundreds of years old, none of them could logically support your claim about what "many Christians think" (in present tense).
This is a modern theological seminary paper on this issue: https://www.rts.edu/Site/Virtual/Res...eeing_Hell.pdf

Old 06-05-2015, 09:51 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
This is a modern theological seminary paper on this issue: https://www.rts.edu/Site/Virtual/Res...eeing_Hell.pdf
It should be noted that you're referencing a Reformed theological paper which in the theological world is flawed to begin with.

So trying to prove the Universalism heresy as valid by using a flawed theological seminary paper isn't much to go on.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It should be noted that you're referencing a Reformed theological paper which in the theological world is flawed to begin with.

So trying to prove the Universalism heresy as valid by using a flawed theological seminary paper isn't much to go on.
I wasn't trying to prove the truth of Universalism using that reference. I was proving that there are Christians who believe eternal hell fire and damnation is something to rejoice in.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:56 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:

It's flawed just because you say so.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:08 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:

Exactly like using the error ridden / edited bible to prove the the flawed error ridden / edited bible is infallible?

Old 06-05-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I wasn't trying to prove the truth of Universalism using that reference. I was proving that there are Christians who believe eternal hell fire and damnation is something to rejoice in.
So would that change the narrative of universalism if just the rejoicing part be something other ?

Old 06-05-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's flawed just because you say so.
why not .. you operate on the same premise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity