Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 12:45 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
See what I mean.... thank you Mystic for proving my point !! Finn is not lying and you have no right to speak to him in that way.
Jesus would never speak to other's the way you do regardless what they believed. He always turned the other cheek and walked away !!
[color="RoyalBlue"]I hardly think Jesus was turning the other cheek and walking away when he confronted the smug religious zealots / pharisees when he called them a brood of vipers. Nor when he turned over the money changers tables.

Moderator cut: Rude comments are deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 06-09-2015 at 05:35 AM..

Old 06-09-2015, 02:32 AM

67 posts, read 54,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Is Universalism a threat to Christianity? Christian Universalism states that Jesus/God accomplished the goal of saving all humans from their sin. IOW all people (in the universe) are reconciled with their creator regardless of belief. So God says you are saved so you have no choice but to be saved (simplified version). Isn't that a good thing?

God said in the scripture: " If you want to boast, then boast that you understand me."

The Universalism of uniting all the religions, basing on my observations, it is dangerous. This is not Catholicism. I really don't like the Chinese war gods with their priests get into the Stream. There was a report in Taiwan, where the traditional Chinese religions thrived on, a temple of god's followers forced into the schoolyards to grab students to run before their god. So that says all.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:00 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcu12345 View Post
God said in the scripture: " If you want to boast, then boast that you understand me."

The Universalism of uniting all the religions, basing on my observations, it is dangerous. This is not Catholicism. I really don't like the Chinese war gods with their priests get into the Stream. There was a report in Taiwan, where the traditional Chinese religions thrived on, a temple of god's followers forced into the schoolyards to grab students to run before their god. So that says all.
And the rest of the verse--

Jeremiah 9:23--24
This is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches,
but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.

The first sentence (23) describes our culture as it is today. So many are "boasting" of their scriptural knowledge by slinging verses and never their own words---they boast of their strength, be it physical or spiritual and rely on it to coerce others into accepting their "understanding of god-in-the-box---and way too many are boasting of their wealth as a sign that god-in-the-box has "blessed" them and they use this wealth to further manipulate the flock and extract their pound of flesh in the way of tithes, because who doesn't want to be om board with a WINNER and we all know winners have MONEY.

Then verse 24 tells us that the Lord is KINDNESS, JUSTICE and RIGHTEOUSNESS and that these are what the Lord DELIGHTS in.

But when we get to verse 25, we read the Lord is still into PUNISHING and killing and what not those who are uncircumcised...but more importantly, verse 26 tells us it is all POINTLESS, because these words are directed at Egypt, Judah, Edom, Ammon, Moab and all who live in the wilderness in distant places.

I see this as God telling us, the mortals in the 21st century, TO MOVE ON, GET OVER THE OT and EMBRACE JESUS and LOVE GOD, LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR..

Old 06-09-2015, 05:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
See what I mean.... thank you Mystic for proving my point !! Finn is not lying and you have no right to speak to him in that way.
Jesus would never speak to other's the way you do regardless what they believed. He always turned the other cheek and walked away !!
Anger is a fruit of the accuser. What I said is the truth, and if someone wants to prove it wrong, they can do so, but an outburst of anger is nothing but an attack on the massager, and a form of deflection.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-09-2015 at 05:49 AM..

Old 06-09-2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Finn_Jarber: According to universalism nothing is required. No need to love God or your neighbor. Spend your life raping and pillaging, and then hook up with the saints in heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have been told repeatedly that this is NOT TRUE, Finn! Why do you persist in spreading this LIE!. There is no love in spreading lies about others, Finn.
It is not a lie, it is what universalism boils down to. I have asked universalists if they expect to meet Hitler in heaven, and they said "of course we do".

If you disagree, please tell me who will NOT hook up with the saints in heaven?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-09-2015 at 05:51 AM..

Old 06-09-2015, 05:55 AM

67 posts, read 54,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcu12345 View Post

i am really sorry. I came back to delete the last sentence(That says all.) of my post which is in the quotation now. Where had the edit option gone anyway?

So you see why I don't really "manifest" physically: I was kinda severe, right?

Sorry, sorry. You kids go play yourselves. Don't get bothered by me. I got to find my own life now. My sincerest regret of scaring the flocks.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:41 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not a lie, it is what universalism boils down to. I have asked universalists if they expect to meet Hitler in heaven, and they said "of course we do".

If you disagree, please tell me who will NOT hook up with the saints in heaven?
The people who remain as obdurate as you are as long as they remain as obdurate as you are.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The people who remain as obdurate as you are as long as they remain as obdurate as you are.
Trying to make it about me is a deflection, and only shows you are not able to address the points.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:06 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
seriously ... it's out there in OP's and posts of mine like:

OP: Verses that are mini creeds of scripture
post: ATHANASIAN CREED | Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS)
or a post like:
The Apostles creed for example is completely based of statements of faith taken from truths of the Bible.

1. I believe in God ... Isaiah 44:6; 45:5
2. the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth ... Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3; Acts 14:15
3.And in Jesus Christ ... Luke 2:11; John 20:28
4.His only Son ... John 3:16; Proverbs 30:4
5. our Lord ... John 20:28
6. who was conceived by the Holy Spirit ... Luke 1:35
7.born of the virgin Mary ... Luke 1:27
8. suffered under Pontius Pilate ... Luke 23:23-25
9. was crucified ... John 19:20; Acts 4:10; (all Gospels)
10. dead ... 1 Corinthians 15:3
11. and buried ... 1 Corinthians 15:4
12. He descended intoHell ... 1 Peter 3:18; Luke 23:43
13. On the third day ... 1 Corinthians 15:4; Luke 18:33
14. He arose from the dead ... 1 Corinthians 15:4; Luke 24:46
15. He ascended into Heaven .... Mark 16:19; Luke 24:51, Acts 1:11
16. and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.... Mark 16:19; Hebrews 1:3
17. From there He will come to judge the living and the dead ... 2 Timothy 4:1; John 5:22

18. I believe in the Holy Spirit ... John 15:26; 16:7-8, 13-14; Acts 13:2
19. the Holy Christian church ... Galatians 3:26-29
20. the communion of saints ... Revelation 19:14; Hebrews 10:25
21. the forgiveness of sins ... Luke 7:48
22. the resurrection of the body ... 1 Thessalonians 4:16; John 6:39
23. and life everlasting ... John 10:28; 17:2-3
I'm not snotty .. just tired of constantly repeating myself when you don't do your own homework.
Okay thank you twin.spin.
So you you REALLY REALLY believe all your sins, past, present and future were truly died for or you you still believe you must do penance or do things to keep your salvation or save yourself? My one brother told me that Jesus did 90% of what it takes to save you but you have to do 10% to save yourself. Do you agree with that?
And if you don't, if you truly believe God saved you and that you did not save yourself, then why are you against God saving the rest of mankind?

Old 06-09-2015, 09:20 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
(I apologize for not being clear in that ALL PEOPLE - atheists being people, I assume - will be saved according to Universalism. )

Yes.
Ok. so, what's the advantage of believing in a particular god?
Quote:
Another thing, Christians believe God "willed" the universe into existence... so yeah willing and doing are the same when it comes to God.
Then the Problem of evil pops up again. If able, then not willing. if willing, then not able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Interesting. And I did not know Eusebius was a Universalist.
I'm not sure, but I do know he no longer subscribes to the idea of a Hell, as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity