Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 04:09 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,831,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Your capacity for mischaracterizing is as impressive as your propensity to misunderstand.
Are you ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 04:15 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,831,455 times
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtrusive

Old 01-04-2017, 04:22 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,387,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
No.

I did not elicit the man's encroaching behavior. I politely asked him not to speak to me of such vulgarities.
Yet the man continued in the vulgarities and furthered his behavior.
Agression has many forms.
Nevermind...it was more of a political joke even though it has relevant applications depending on how you look at it...I just couldn't help myself

Old 01-04-2017, 05:38 PM

6,823 posts, read 2,950,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
This part of Hannibal's post amused me too since this pretty much describes the average male, whether they be gay or straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't sit around talking about sex with women, I sure wouldn't talk about sex with other men and frankly, you wouldn't even have to talk about sex in my house and my family, even getting close to the subject is enough to make us feel uncomfortable, and if somebody literaly talks of it, I am sure that I do not know where to look. I have been around more gays than most in my estimate and all their actions and thoughts surround sex as if they are hypnotised because they are literaly consumed with it and I truly believe what the New Testament says about it in Romans 1, in other places as well, in Ephesians, in Thessalonians.
I don't sit around talking about sex either ...never have. In fact, any guy that would do so would bore the crap out of me. However, to state that one's obsession with sex is predominantly a 'gay' thing is being unrealistic and you must know this.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:49 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,967,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
If the church is 501.3c then they should obey the state . Those churches are already muffled and cannot speak politics. But they can remove the tax except status and say what they want. But the $$$ is too good and they rather keep the status and be quiet.
Here we go again...OP is not ABOUT a church, but about a state run program for youth at risk.

And ANOTHER sucker pulled in by a lying topic title (Half truths to suck people in is ALL lie)

Old 01-04-2017, 05:51 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,967,711 times
Quote:
Are you ok?
I am, yes. But the comment wasn't about how meanings get twisted in MY mind.

Last edited by nateswift; 01-04-2017 at 06:01 PM..

Old 01-04-2017, 10:17 PM

64,024 posts, read 40,325,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You are absolutely ate up; never mind being a few bricks short of a load.
"It is the unloving and hurtful state of mind of a rapist that makes rape sinful?!!! It is the unloving, inconsiderate and innocence-damaging state of mind of a pedophile that makes child molestation sinful?!!!"
So I suppose if the rapist and pedophile were more loving and considerate of their victims THEN it wouldn't be sinful? Do you ever bother to read the drivel you write? Enough. You need to do some community service with the agencies that deal with such trauma or the work that I did with those that were damaged beyond repair from it for the rest of their lives. Piece..... of my mind, this time....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are emoting and NOT thinking. It is NOT possible to BE loving and considerate and preserving of the innocence of a child and still be a child molester. The same is true for a rapist or an adulterer. Rape, child molestation, adultery, etc. are ALWAYS sinful, but what MAKES them sinful is the refusal to care about or consider the victims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
LOL! What a TRIP! HE is a few bricks short.
If the rapist or pedophile WERE loving or considerate there wouldn't BE a rape or molestation.
Amen! Thanks for underscoring the main point, nate! This is just more evidence that Rbbi really doesn't know the characteristics of the Holy Spirit of agape love since she thinks a rapist or child molester or an adulterer could somehow BE agape loving and still rape, molest or commit adultery.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:06 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,719,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So the argument now is that gay men can't keep their hands, or their comments about sex, to themselves? We have a heterosexual president-elect who openly brags about his sexual proclivities. He brags about grabbing women against their will. (And he uses gutter, women-debasing language when he does it.) He brags about kissing women he is attracted to. He brags about his extra-marital affairs. He's got five kids by three women and ignores the Ten Commandments.

I'd guess that most, if not all, of the people on this board who complain about homosexuals and think they are all sinners headed to hell voted for him. I've yet to read a single comment from the people who are on this board regularly complaining about members of the LGBTQ community condemn him and rant about his sins. God knows his vice-president, a man who makes a big deal about being a Christian and believes in praying the gay away, hasn't called him out. He praises him. As do men like Franklin Graham who is, himself, regularly praised on this board for being an anti-gay, anti-liberal (and thus heroic) Christian.

The hypocrisy displayed by the religious right is, as usual, on full, glaring display. As is the bag of stones they happily throw at the gay community whenever they hear the word "homosexual".

I am sick to death of hearing about the obsessions Christians have with sexuality of all kinds! They just can't stop talking about it!!! It is an obsessive thought, otherwise the sexual threads would not be at the top of the pile so much. Can't we ever discuss Christ without talking about sex? PLEASE!

Old 01-05-2017, 02:41 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,746,102 times
Quote:
Seriously,
These animal behaviors have nothing to do with homosexuality.

You have just further perverted the Truth.

You have just used a natural behavior and applied the homosexual label to it.
Similar to what the wicked do in calling our Heavenly Father a bigot.

You might as well call every Abstinant bachelor out as homosexual.
Since same sex animals do bond---often for life--and God created nature and called it good---then take up your fruitless argument with God. Homo, meaning same, and sexual referring to our physical anatomy---what else is it? Even fruit flies have a certain percentage of "homosexual" behavior. What you cannot do based on the facts, is call it "unnatural" as rbb1 mischaracterized it. Ou may believe it "sinful" but that's because you have no concept of how to study Scripture in a scholarly manner. Romulus does---hence a different opinion.

Further, monogamy was not a Christian nor Jewish concept. It was introduced by the Romans who believed in one man, one wife. But then they also felt partaking of sexual pleasure with temple prostitutes, male or female, was a way of worshipping their gods. The Old Testament deity had no problem with Jews practicing multiple wives---in fact He gave David all Saul's wives and, according to Nathan, would have given him more had Daid only asked.

What you have done is to impose modern cultural ideas about marriage back into Scripture. I've only been married to one woman for over 45 years and believe true monogamy (faithful and without the serial marriages that are completely acceptable to biblically ignorant Christians) is best for society. But I do not try to twist Scripture to make it sound as if God has always desired "one man, one woman." God had no problem in the OT with His followers visiting prostitutes either. Jesus lineage traces back to Tamar who lied to her father-in-law, Judah, to make him think she was a prostitute so he would impregnate her. Voila---several generations later comes Jesus.

RainMusic is right---sex "sin" is just about all many Christians are concerned about. Hence we have a movie censorship that makes nude bodies on screen to receive an "R" rating, while those with multiple bloody murders are often PG13.

Why don't all of you start studying Scripture in a scholarly fashion by reading throughly the views of many different scholars BEFORE you condemn people to hell for being born as God made them. At least that way you wouldn't appear so brainwashed by preachers who appear to have received their MDiv from a Cracker Jack box.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:56 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,746,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
THE NATURE OF MEN AND WOMEN, AS THEY WERE CREATED, GOT IT? Man was created to rule over the creation, not emulate it.

He could have just created another Adam but He didn't, and for many reasons, although after reading some of the Adam's posts on here I can totally see why it grieved Him at one point and He regretted creating them, this being a prime example. Peace
Did your God claim nature was "good" once He created it? Then what right have you to claim it is "unnatural" if He made virtually every species with a homosexual element---that includes fish and insects as well as mammals?

Oh, that's right. You have usurped God's position in order to judge people based on an ignorant reading of Scripture. AND, you have positioned yourself in other threads to brag about wilfull ignorance in order to appear "holier" than others and to refuse to duly study Scripture in a scholarly manner to show yourself RIGHTFULLY dividing the word of truth.

Sadly the bigoted society you represent when posting such things always hides behind God and the Bible when what they are doing is displaying the dirty laundry of their hearts. Peace back at you, threefold!

“We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, and more in the light of what they suffer.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Letters and Papers from Prison
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity