Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 12:44 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
He could have also made homosexuality impossible or even unthinkable.

Kind of like what it did with human surviving under water or in outer space, right?

After all it designed homosexuality. It created EVERYTHING
Are you ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 01:19 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
This part of Hannibal's post amused me too since this pretty much describes the average male, whether they be gay or straight.
I dont sit around talking about sex with women, I sure wouldn't talk about sex with other men and frankly, you wouldn't even have to talk about sex in my house and my family, even getting close to the subject is enough to make us feel uncomfortable, and if somebody literaly talks of it, I am sure that I do not know where to look. I have been around more gays than most in my estimate and all their actions and thoughts surround sex as if they are hypnotised because they are literaly consumed with it and I truly believe what the New Testament says about it in Romans 1, in other places as well, in Ephesians, in Thessalonians.

They are completely given over to their desires, and that is exactly what I have witnessed with all of them. My wife's brother was so obsessed with me that he ALWAYS put his hands on me until I hit him really hard and he pulls a butcher knife, and this made it all the worse, it made him love me even more. They lived next door, my wife's brother and his husband along with many friends that stayed all the time and every single one of them was obsessed with me but my wife's brother was so betraying to his own sister as were his husband and their friends, and there was always violence. None of them with any decency and all they talked about was bragging to each other how good the other was in front of other people as if their entire sex lives must be reenacted with everyone, even the mailman wasn't safe.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:28 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I dont sit around talking about sex with women, I sure wouldn't talk about sex with other men and frankly, you wouldn't even have to talk about sex in my house and my family, even getting close to the subject is enough to make us feel uncomfortable,...
It shows in your prejudices. I'm sorry you had such an introduction to what should be a matter for natural conversation, though all too often is just an expression of repressed feelings.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I dont sit around talking about sex with women, I sure wouldn't talk about sex with other men and frankly, you wouldn't even have to talk about sex in my house and my family, even getting close to the subject is enough to make us feel uncomfortable, and if somebody literaly talks of it, I am sure that I do not know where to look. I have been around more gays than most in my estimate and all their actions and thoughts surround sex as if they are hypnotised because they are literaly consumed with it and I truly believe what the New Testament says about it in Romans 1, in other places as well, in Ephesians, in Thessalonians.

They are completely given over to their desires, and that is exactly what I have witnessed with all of them. My wife's brother was so obsessed with me that he ALWAYS put his hands on me until I hit him really hard and he pulls a butcher knife, and this made it all the worse, it made him love me even more. They lived next door, my wife's brother and his husband along with many friends that stayed all the time and every single one of them was obsessed with me but my wife's brother was so betraying to his own sister as were his husband and their friends, and there was always violence. None of them with any decency and all they talked about was bragging to each other how good the other was in front of other people as if their entire sex lives must be reenacted with everyone, even the mailman wasn't safe.

I have had some uncomfortable experiences myself.
One was a co-worker that openly expressed his same sex attraction. The man was overt in advertising explicit details of his relationships. Even after I specifically asked him to not speak of such things with me. For one we are at work, and two it's inapproprate to speak of such vularities with others.
Yet the man seemed to have no sense of respect for others. He continued to the point of harassment. And I had to report him to my supperiors at work.
And this was only one such experience.

But I have had a few other encounters.

It just seemed odd to me that someone would be so intrusive in a social environment.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
It shows in your prejudices. I'm sorry you had such an introduction to what should be a matter for natural conversation, though all too often is just an expression of repressed feelings.
There you go justifying.

If I have repressed anger and go all out and beat a person because I harbor anger.
Does that make it ok.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
So the argument now is that gay men can't keep their hands, or their comments about sex, to themselves? We have a heterosexual president-elect who openly brags about his sexual proclivities. He brags about grabbing women against their will. (And he uses gutter, women-debasing language when he does it.) He brags about kissing women he is attracted to. He brags about his extra-marital affairs. He's got five kids by three women and ignores the Ten Commandments.

I'd guess that most, if not all, of the people on this board who complain about homosexuals and think they are all sinners headed to hell voted for him. I've yet to read a single comment from the people who are on this board regularly complaining about members of the LGBTQ community condemn him and rant about his sins. God knows his vice-president, a man who makes a big deal about being a Christian and believes in praying the gay away, hasn't called him out. He praises him. As do men like Franklin Graham who is, himself, regularly praised on this board for being an anti-gay, anti-liberal (and thus heroic) Christian.

The hypocrisy displayed by the religious right is, as usual, on full, glaring display. As is the bag of stones they happily throw at the gay community whenever they hear the word "homosexual".

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-04-2017 at 02:14 PM..

Old 01-04-2017, 02:48 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
There you go justifying.

If I have repressed anger and go all out and beat a person because I harbor anger.
Does that make it ok.
Your capacity for mischaracterizing is as impressive as your propensity to misunderstand.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:28 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,417 times
If the church is 501.3c then they should obey the state . Those churches are already muffled and cannot speak politics. But they can remove the tax except status and say what they want. But the $$$ is too good and they rather keep the status and be quiet.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:45 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,379,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I have had some uncomfortable experiences myself.
One was a co-worker that openly expressed his same sex attraction. The man was overt in advertising explicit details of his relationships. Even after I specifically asked him to not speak of such things with me. For one we are at work, and two it's inapproprate to speak of such vularities with others.
Yet the man seemed to have no sense of respect for others. He continued to the point of harassment. And I had to report him to my supperiors at work.
And this was only one such experience.

But I have had a few other encounters.

It just seemed odd to me that someone would be so intrusive in a social environment.
Must have been locker room talk...

Old 01-04-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Must have been locker room talk...
No.

I did not elicit the man's encroaching behavior. I politely asked him not to speak to me of such vulgarities.
Yet the man continued in the vulgarities and furthered his behavior.
Agression has many forms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity