Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 03:41 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If a lot of people have issue with you, maybe it's you....
Mirror mirror..how does one know when it applies to themselves? Does one count the number of people who have issues or do they just dismiss the total and say all those people really do not know what they are saying about the the person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 03:49 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
As Jesus said, scripture testifies of Him. The Bible doesn't save me from my sins; the One it testifies of does.

No one is "monitoring" anyone. But, if I love my Christian brother, I will try to rescue him from falling into public sin.

It is a pastor's duty to call his people to repentance and further, a life of righteousness.
No, it is the pastors duty to give the parishioners that which will cause them to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, but if you all have is the ability to quote the bible with beliefs of your denomination, then it's should be the duty of the pastor to resign for they are giving the parishioner nothing.

You should go back a few pages and read what you and Vizio (who needs to repent) have been saying. The only reason folk like Vizio are preaching repentance to the congregation they do not know what righteousness is.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:09 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,210,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No, it is the pastors duty to give the parishioners that which will cause them to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, but if you all have is the ability to quote the bible with beliefs of your denomination, then it's should be the duty of the pastor to resign for they are giving the parishioner nothing.
Ironic, isn't it? You're telling us your personal beliefs, and you're own teachings....rather than what Jesus or his apostles taught. You are not speaking with any kind of authority except your own opinion.
Quote:
You should go back a few pages and read what you and Vizio (who needs to repent) have been saying. The only reason folk like Vizio are preaching repentance to the congregation they do not know what righteousness is.
Instead of speaking ABOUT me...why not ask me? I preach repentance because that's what Scripture commands. Read 1 Corinthians. Read James. Read 1 and 2 Timothy, where Paul instructs Timothy to teach God's Word--not his own ponderings.

But you sit there and tell me that I should resign my position because I don't do as Jesus did. Ironic, since Jesus said:

"…I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" (Matthew 9:13).

And he told the Galileans, "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3).

Old 12-28-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Ironic, isn't it? You're telling us your personal beliefs, and you're own teachings....rather than what Jesus or his apostles taught. You are not speaking with any kind of authority except your own opinion.

Instead of speaking ABOUT me...why not ask me? I preach repentance because that's what Scripture commands. Read 1 Corinthians. Read James. Read 1 and 2 Timothy, where Paul instructs Timothy to teach God's Word--not his own ponderings.

But you sit there and tell me that I should resign my position because I don't do as Jesus did. Ironic, since Jesus said:

"…I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" (Matthew 9:13).

And he told the Galileans, "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3).
So it's a personal belief and teaching of mine to instruct/encourage,admonish folk to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ ?. Please explain why you disagree with this using scripture.
How do you actually think folk stop missing the mark ?.... exactly by growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. You see Vizio, you do not understand this because you have no idea what righteousness is, all you have is beliefs and what you think is unrighteous and sin according to the beliefs you have grown up in.

You do know too that Paul said that the way our faith is communicated effectually is by the acknowledging of every good that is in us, that is in Christ Jesus, but again because you believe Christ is up in the sky somewhere rather than present in you, this line of scriptural thinking is alien to you.

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus
Philemon 1:6

Jesus called folk to himself, knowing that in coming to himself they would find the way of life, he was not on their case about them missing the mark, he showed them how not too, but again, this makes no sense to you, because you are alienated from such a concept because you are predominantly sin conscious(carnal minded), rather than righteousness conscious.

I actually believe anyone who is in leadership that preaches against sin and the sinner should resign and repent, they have missed the point of the gospel and are ministering death not life.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-28-2016 at 05:50 PM..

Old 12-28-2016, 06:45 PM

6,799 posts, read 2,920,125 times
Quote:
<snip>

So, what is it, precisely, that gay people are to repent of, Vizio? I've been alluding to this question in one way or another since I began involving myself in these type discussions. What is 'sinful' about one's innate sexuality? I really don't understand your reasoning on this at all. Please enlighten me.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:20 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times
Quote:

Pastors can and should do both.

Why are you judging another? I thought you said another person's sin was none of your business.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Pastors can and should do both.

Why are you judging another? I thought you said another person's sin was none of your business.
No they should not.

I am defending the sinner from the sin conscious condemner, turning the condemnation back on yourself(See John 8:1-11). I will always stand with the sinner when under condemnation and judgement from those who think they have been authorized to condemn and judge supposed sinners,no matter how great the condemner plays up the supposed sin.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
No they should not.

I am defending the sinner from the sin conscious condemner, turning the condemnation back on yourself(See John 8:1-11). I will always stand with the sinner when under condemnation and judgement from those who think they have been authorized to condemn and judge supposed sinners,no matter how great the condemner plays up the supposed sin.
No one (not even a pastor) has the right to judge or condemn. That belngs to God the Father. They are charged with calling others to repentance and a life of righteousness. Vizio showed you the scriptures to back that up.

If you would watch a Christian brother fall into sin, and say nothing, you have not love.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
No one (not even a pastor) has the right to judge or condemn. That belngs to God the Father. They are charged with calling others to repentance and a life of righteousness. Vizio showed you the scriptures to back that up.

If you would watch a Christian brother fall into sin, and say nothing, you have not love.
You should read the story of the prodigal. How unloving of the Father to let his son ride of into the sunset knowing full well it wasn't going to end well.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:48 PM

Quote:
You should read the story of the prodigal. How unloving of the Father to let his son ride of into the sunset knowing full well it wasn't going to end well.
Do you really think the father was fine with the son running off? Romans 1 tells us that God eventually gves the unrepentant sinner over to their own degradation. But, He always desires that we repent. See below:

Luke 15

3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity