Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 02:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Since you quit arguing about who monitors pastor's sins and started ranting about kids reading Harry Potter books, I assumed we answered all your questions. No?
No.

I got bored. So.....wrong again.....because you keep making assumptions (or really bad guesses) about my motivations.

Your finger shaking is noted and another donation will be made to my charity jar. It should be filled up in no time at the rate you're going. I'm gonna need a bigger jar.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-28-2016 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 02:39 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
Your rejection of scripture is duly noted.
Explain exactly what i have rejected please. It is quite clear you fail (or reject) to see that Christ supersedes the scripture, that you fail(or reject) to see that Christ alone is more than enough.

Do you really think i was being unreasonable in saying the sick generally know that they are sick ?.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:09 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,212,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Explain exactly what i have rejected please. It is quite clear you fail (or reject) to see that Christ supersedes the scripture, that you fail(or reject) to see that Christ alone is more than enough.

Do you really think i was being unreasonable in saying the sick generally know that they are sick ?.
I've never seen you quote Scripture. You paraphrase it a lot and you then say it states something it doesn't..but I've never seen you actually quote it.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've never seen you quote Scripture. You paraphrase it a lot and you then say it states something it doesn't..but I've never seen you actually quote it.
Quote:
Got a verse for that? Oh...that's right....you don't quote Bible verses...you paraphrase them poorly.

But Paul DID say that if you teach a Gospel contrary to the one he was teaching, then you should be anathema (Gal 1:8). He also suggested that if the Judaizers were so intent on teaching circumcision, then they should cut off their genitals (Gal 5:12). You can twist God's Word to suggest that anything goes in Christianity, but the simple truth is, if you don't hold to what the apostles taught, you're not a Christian. At least, according to what the apostles taught.
If it IS written in Scripture, you ought not to be teaching against it, though.
So you don't have a verse then.

Quote:
By what they already had

Silver and gold have i not but what i do have.... Ring any bells ?

He's given us all things that pertain to life and godliness....Ring any bells?

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraids not; and it shall be given him...... Ring any bells?

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is IN YOU in Christ Jesus. Ring any bells ?.

My peace i give unto you/ you shall be led forth in peace ..... Ring any bells ?

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all thing...Ring any bells ?

Do you have a bible verse that says that we need both how you claim ?.

The whole book of Acts is full of instances where believers operated without a bible... Yes Jesus was a fulfillment of the scriptures, but do you not find it odd that he himself quoted the scriptures so little, you would be hard pressed to quote him quoting the scripture.
I don't do bible verses then
YOU WERE SAYIN ?

Please tell me what you are disputing about the verses i quoted above . I am saying they are verses from your bible that clearly state that the Apostles were teaching to seek God by faith not by the bible how you believe.
Rate this post positively

Last edited by pcamps; 12-28-2016 at 03:31 PM..

Old 12-28-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
So you don't have a verse then.

Quote:
By what they already had

Silver and gold have i not but what i do have.... Ring any bells ?

He's given us all things that pertain to life and godliness....Ring any bells?

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraids not; and it shall be given him...... Ring any bells?

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is IN YOU in Christ Jesus. Ring any bells ?.

My peace i give unto you/ you shall be led forth in peace ..... Ring any bells ?

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all thing...Ring any bells ?

Do you have a bible verse that says that we need both how you claim ?.

The whole book of Acts is full of instances where believers operated without a bible... Yes Jesus was a fulfillment of the scriptures, but do you not find it odd that he himself quoted the scriptures so little, you would be hard pressed to quote him quoting the scripture.
I don't do bible verses then

Please tell me what you are disputing about the verses i quoted above. I am saying they are verses from your bible that clearly state that the Apostles were teaching to seek God by faith not by the bible how you believe.
Rate this post positively
Weird....lots of rambling...little snippets here and there, but STILL no actual Bible quotes. You have an aversion to actually quoting the Bible, huh?

Old 12-28-2016, 03:19 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,811,596 times
Quote:

Haha! You wouldn't even know what Jesus said, without sctipture.

I think you are not a good Christian brother if you watch me fall into some public sin, and do nothing.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Haha! You wouldn't even know what Jesus said, without sctipture.

I think you are not a good Christian brother if you watch me fall into some public sin, and do nothing.
It's quite clear here that you are saying the bible is the voice of Jesus Christ. This is no haha matter, because quite clearly you have a very unhealthy attachment to the bible, rather than the one it testifies of.

The whole debate here is monitoring parishioners in case they in to sin. Not watching some who has fallen into sin, even then it is none of our business. Vizio says his job his to call his people(the parishioners) to repentance.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Weird....lots of rambling...little snippets here and there, but STILL no actual Bible quotes. You have an aversion to actually quoting the Bible, huh?
So you do not recognize any of the bible verses i quoted ?. I find you very insincere. Give me a minute to bold them and go back and look at them again please, then tell me what it is you are disputing about them.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
It's quite clear here that you are saying the bible is the voice of Jesus Christ. This is no haha matter, because quite clearly you have a very unhealthy attachment to the bible, rather than the one it testifies of.
No. He isn't. No Christian I've ever met has said that. Nor does that sentiment come through in his statements.
Quote:
The whole debate here is monitoring parishioners in case they in to sin. Not watching some who has fallen into sin, even then it is none of our business. Vizio says his job his to call his people(the parishioners) to repentance.
The Bible says it's the pastor's job to call people to repentance. Here's a great resource to understand that: https://bible.org/article/dealing-si...inthians-51-13

Old 12-28-2016, 03:39 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,811,596 times
Quote:

As Jesus said, scripture testifies of Him. The Bible doesn't save me from my sins; the One it testifies of does.

No one is "monitoring" anyone. But, if I love my Christian brother, I will try to rescue him from falling into public sin.

It is a pastor's duty to call his people to repentance and further, a life of righteousness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity