Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2016, 08:21 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Under certain conditions, people can Biblically be married a second time.

The Bible does not forbid drinking alcohol

The Bible does not forbid those activities.

The Bible does not require them to be called out publically. Only to teach what the Bible says about it.

God has made all food clean.

Not mixed fabrics; specific mixed fabrics.

I doubt if this drill is familiar to you.

Thank you for exposing your bigotery towards Christianity and towards Christians.

I am positive you are ignorant of Christian churches but that doesn't keep you from exposing your ignorance.

I would like to thank you for revealing the accuracy of I Cor 2:14. If you want to criticize something learn about it first hand.
Under certain conditions, people can Biblically be married a second time.

Jesus said NO..there is no divorce, but GOD CHANGED and allowed it, but that is not the original plan..

The Bible does not forbid drinking alcohol

Does forbid DRUNKENNESS--and why do the evangelicals deny Christ served WINE to drunkards at the wedding?

The Bible does not forbid those activities.

Sure it does...

The Bible does not require them to be called out publically. Only to teach what the Bible says about it.

Evangelicals say it does...

God has made all food clean.

Again, not originally unless now this is another example of GOD CHANGING..

Not mixed fabrics; specific mixed fabrics.

Same difference, the idea is that COTTON is to never be mixed..

I doubt if this drill is familiar to you.

Thank you for exposing your bigotery towards Christianity and towards Christians.

Thank you for exposing your willful ignorance to acknowledge the TRUE GOD and continue worshipping your GRAVEN IMAGE of some remote insecure god.

I am positive you are ignorant of Christian churches but that doesn't keep you from exposing your ignorance.

I am positive you have NEVER been in more than 2 other burning churches in your life and both were probably teaching FALSE doctrine and based on FEAR and BIGOTRY. (spell it right)

I would like to thank you for revealing the accuracy of I Cor 2:14. If you want to criticize something learn about it first hand.

I would like to thank you for revealing the accuracy of MATTHEW 7:23. If you want to challenge someone, best to know who they are and from where your ignorance is based..because some are faced with Hebrews 13:2 and were so daft they actually carried out ISAIAH 5:20.....

Jesus LOVES YOU (?)
But the rest of us know the truth...

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 12-26-2016 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 09:16 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If you had the faintest notion of "truth" in this matter you would have a point, but all you have is 3,000 years of misinterpretation and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Ok, what else do I have.
The hubris that comes with prejudice.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:55 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
What one thinks is sin is different than what is actually sin. Christians have not only the right, but the responsibility to tell Christians they are sinning. This doe snot extend to telling non-beleivers they are sinning, but we can tell them what God says about personal conduct---I Cor 5:12-13
No they do NOT. IT is ignorant and arrogant and completely anti-Christ to do so. We are to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't, PERIOD! No wonder so many people do not believe in Christ given the un-Christian attitudes of so many fundamentalists. It is a travesty of self-righteousness that Christ scolded the Pharisees for.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:45 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
What one thinks is sin is different than what is actually sin. Christians have not only the right, but the responsibility to tell Christians they are sinning. This doe snot extend to telling non-beleivers they are sinning, but we can tell them what God says about personal conduct---I Cor 5:12-13
THIS (bolded) is patently true when "one" thinks that "sin" is about a list that is derived from specific examples of harmful behavior.

Christians may have an opportunity to show others how a specific behavior is ACTUALLY causing harm to the perpetrator and to others, but that needs to be in real terms and not just a part of an imaginary list.... and CERTAINLY not with an attitude of superiority.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:32 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Again, your inability to perceive is not the fault of the messenger.

You live in a narrow corridor, and yet still wear blinkers. It's truly a shame you are missing all the vistas that surround you.

True knowledge of Gods will is all a mortal needs.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:40 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Another pointless thread with authoritarians arguing with those who will never be captured by their pet dogmas and endless lists of rules. I would never get anything done if I worried constantly about my brother's sin. And you know the authoritarians would never allow anyone to correct THEM! Yawn.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:10 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Another pointless thread with authoritarians arguing with those who will never be captured by their pet dogmas and endless lists of rules. I would never get anything done if I worried constantly about my brother's sin. And you know the authoritarians would never allow anyone to correct THEM! Yawn.
You DO realize though, that one of the things that pastors are commanded to do is to call people to repentance...right?

Old 12-27-2016, 02:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You DO realize though, that one of the things that pastors are commanded to do is to call people to repentance...right?
Who calls the pastors to repentance?

Old 12-27-2016, 02:39 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
To be a pastor, it's assumed one is a Christian. But having said that, a pastor should be in fellowship with other pastors. I fellowship weekly with a group of men in my area and we pray for each other and hold each other accountable.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity