Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 05:55 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When more anti-Christian laws like this one are created, it will become difficult to know which topics are legal, and which are illegal. East Germans and Russians had this problem during the Soviet rule, and as a result their citizens avoided any discussions about Christianity, which of course was exactly what their governments wanted.
No law was passed. What law? Those rules apply to every volunteer and those employed by the State.

This is your persecution fantasy, rearing it's ugly head, Finn. Your cold war analogy falls flat.

But, it that's what it takes for you not to discriminate then, so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 06:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Group 1 says "I am concerned about discrimination of my people"

Group 2 says "I am concerned about discrimination of my people too"

Group 1 says "Oh, look at you. You have such a persecution complex/fantasy"

You can't make it up folks.......

Old 08-04-2015, 07:17 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times
Quote:

I wish I could make it up, Finn. You are not being persecuted. No laws have been made preventing you from worshiping as you please.
The LGBTQ community like other people denied their civil rights have been harmed.

The good thing is they are taking a seat at the table. They do not need permission. They are probably sitting next to you at church.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:29 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Within 5 years it will be criminalized across the board along with other teachings from the word of God.
Did you actually read the article, or are you just commenting on the headline?

Old 08-04-2015, 07:33 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:

Because group 2 confuses discrimination with CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT and FREEDOM OF and FROM RELIGION?

That would explain the persecution fantasy....

Old 08-04-2015, 07:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Did you actually read the article, or are you just commenting on the headline?
I read the article, and many other articles and I keep up with current events. There is a reason for concern. You are free to disagree of course. My personal guess is that in five years these kinds of government overreaches to silence Christians will be much more common.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-04-2015 at 08:34 AM..

Old 08-04-2015, 09:09 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
I read the article, and many other articles and I keep up with current events. There is a reason for concern. You are free to disagree of course. My personal guess is that in five years these kinds of government overreaches to silence Christians will be much more common.
How do you think Muslims, Jews, Hindus or Zoroastrians will be affected?

Old 08-04-2015, 09:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
How is this silencing christians? How is it even over reach?

What was the Hobby Lobby ruling if not the most egregious over reach of all times..the fundies want all their "rights" while denying 99% of society their rights??

Old 08-04-2015, 09:36 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
You can expect that.
Jesus calls the unbeliever in Rev 22 (which includes the sexually immoral) as "dogs", which is not meant as a compliment.

Just as a God said "Of them the proverbs are true: 'A dog returns to its vomit,' " it should not then be surprising that a depraved mind (Rom 1) when it behaves in actions that are in keeping with its nature, as God judges it as being:
  • "God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful"
aka "they are taking a seat at the table. They do not need permission."

God haters do not understand that the table is not stationary. One day the "table" is going to be picked up along with us the righteous as God's righteous judgement unfolds before them ... leaving them with all their arrogant mouths shut.

And then those on the left \ the goats\ the weeds will hear the last words of Jesus -" ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed ... ' " and they will.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:38 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
How do you think Muslims, Jews, Hindus or Zoroastrians will be affected?
they probably won't be as much since Satan doesn't have no need to oppose himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity