Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 08:44 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,492,122 times

Advertisements

And here's another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzKH4iJRyk

Shabbat Shalom,

Mahrie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 09:06 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,377,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
There is nothing going on now that hasn't always been going on. Things are better today for more people than ever before.

Because a famous man wants to be a woman? Because 2 people of the same sex can marry? There are many worse things that could happen.
I would in fact say that it is the very reason that things are getting better that it's end times. Think about human existence as a story. We have the set up, the conflict, and the story hits the turning point near the end of the story. End times, doesn't need to mean human exinction. It can mean closing a page on our crappy history of fear and hatred to enter a New Age. Hence the term, New Age.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:54 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,492,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I would in fact say that it is the very reason that things are getting better that it's end times. Think about human existence as a story. We have the set up, the conflict, and the story hits the turning point near the end of the story. End times, doesn't need to mean human exinction. It can mean closing a page on our crappy history of fear and hatred to enter a New Age. Hence the term, New Age.

I thought we were talking about Biblical end times, as in the proverbial last days.

From a purely logical perspective, most posters here are on the slippery slope. All humans come with an expiration date - and it ain't that long (on Earth)!

Shabbat Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:30 PM

63 posts, read 9,793 times
Oh I do believe we are in the end days!!!!!

People are so mean and cruel now and dont care of anyone else......... The bible is right..... Its getting worse daily..... I cant stand how cruel people are,people that used to be my friends..... (For one thing) -- I dont feel like I belong on this earth anymore.... I feel trapped in a hell I dont belong in

I have been trying to get closer to God lately..... We will need him in the coming months!!

Old 03-12-2019, 07:30 PM

64,024 posts, read 40,331,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patboyc View Post
People are so mean and cruel now and dont care of anyone else......... The bible is right..... Its getting worse daily..... I cant stand how cruel people are,people that used to be my friends..... (For one thing) -- I dont feel like I belong on this earth anymore.... I feel trapped in a hell I dont belong in
This is increasingly and depressingly descriptive of the zeitgeist of the current societal tenor.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:09 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,483,394 times
Default Does anyone else believe that it is the beginning of the end times?

I wouldn't know.

But, to comment on this time...I have never experienced more ease in connection with our Creator, this
ever present Intelligence or Consciousness...'His' Presence is all around. I have not always been like this.
It's like something has been lifted and my spiritual advancement has simply accelerated, the mind has settled down and it is easier to get into, ha, the zone....the place of calm and ease
to be able to feeeel and sense in the silence...no more 20year old nutty, preoccupied brain.
(Buddhists call 'monkey brain', lol)

I read things about what would be called new age ideas about 'shifts' with the stars or alignments...I dunno...but 'something' is happening to me and others.
There are more Awakenings....you could call dawning realizations, epiphanies given...light bulbs going off in people's head where they suddenly 'see'...see what? What this place is...why we are here...understanding the Matrix (google Max Plank, 1944) or The Divine Matrix a book by Gregg Braden.
Read more on quantum physics to expand your thinking, but mostly your awareness ...of
what? Start with tuning into what it is that is making your fingernails grow....hahahaha.
I mean it. Watch your heart softening and opening.
Ignore others. Peace starts with you, as the bumper sticker says.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
The Big Bang was the beginning of the end times.

Your birth was the beginning of your end times.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:20 AM

1,382 posts, read 771,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I see the end of fundamentalist ideology. It is used for not taking responsibility for what we have done to the planet. LGBTQ did not appear out of thin air.

Fundamentalist ideologues thought Elvis shaking his hips would end the world too. When we started voting, it was the end of time, too.

I think we should embrace change, and save the planet.

Apparently when women rule over men, youths oppress My people (Isaiah 3:11), and daughter wear nose rings (Isaiah 3:21), is a time to be wary, for soon the daughters will "instead of well set hair", will have "plucked out scalp" (Isaiah 3:24).

Isaiah 3:11 Woe to the wicked; disaster is upon them! For they will be repaid with what their hands have done. 12 Youths oppress My people, and women rule over them. O My people, your guides mislead you; they turn you from your paths. 13The LORD arises to contend; He stands to judge the people.…

Old 03-13-2019, 11:03 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Apparently when women rule over men, youths oppress My people (Isaiah 3:11), and daughter wear nose rings (Isaiah 3:21), is a time to be wary, for soon the daughters will "instead of well set hair", will have "plucked out scalp" (Isaiah 3:24).

Isaiah 3:11 Woe to the wicked; disaster is upon them! For they will be repaid with what their hands have done. 12 Youths oppress My people, and women rule over them. O My people, your guides mislead you; they turn you from your paths. 13The LORD arises to contend; He stands to judge the people.…
Yet another weak fundie man afraid of women.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:49 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,747,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Judgment is coming and no false hope in fantasies like the rapture will provide an escape. Christians will suffer too. The only hope for any of us is to repent and to deny the pet sins that ensare us.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

We have all of us contributed to the wrath of God, Christians as well as sinners. We have all of us given our allegiance to wickedness and debauchery in high as well as low places. We will all eat and drink of the wrath of God upon America. It is coming and it is coming soon. REPENT now.

I used to think that judgment would 'pass over' Christians, but after the events of Charleston I no longer believe this. Those gentle and good folk have passed on to their Lord and Savior and the only good thing that one can say for this is that their eyes will not see what is coming upon the rest of us. But we will.

The message of Charleston is not about a flag or a nut case with a gun. It is about Christians NOT being immune to the terrible society American has become. Pay attention, Christians. Your salvation is in the blood of the lamb, not Star Wars or rapture heresy. Sticking your head in the sand will not make it go away. Stand up and open your eyes and repent. NOW.

Moses led his people through the desert. There were no shortcuts then and there are no shortcuts now. God does not deal in escapism, but in hard truth and deeds. God was with the Hebrews in the desert and He will be with those who trust in Him. There is no way to delay or deny it.

The air is tense with expectation. Even secular voices are raised in saying that something terrible is approaching America. No one knows what it is, but when it comes those of us who survive will initially be very confused and angry at God. Eventually, those among us who are rational and not subject to hysteria will admit we had it coming. We've asked for it and the righteous hand of God will be justified in its act.

Do not seek escapism except in humble petition to God for forgiveness and personal mercy. He will grant it to many, but not to all. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God. Perhaps your continued life may be granted as reward.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity