Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 12:30 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,938,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
When you can't get your doctrines to fly, just run.....'bye
Awwww....snowball made a little poem. Just adorable.

Snowball, that is. Not the poem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 10:05 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,404,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I will cause those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but lie... I will make them come and bow down at your feet... and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Think about it, there is no one that is not loved.
"Satan" is, in part, any belief we hold that denies that ^^^ truth.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:12 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,543,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Mark 16:9-20 has been called a later addition to the Gospel of Mark by most New Testament scholars in the past century. The main reason for doubting the authenticity of the ending is that it does not appear in some of the oldest existing witnesses, and it is reported to be absent from many others in ancient times by early writers of the Church. - The Ending of Mark (Mark 16:9-20)
Hear in is the problem, you rely on commentary of all kinds and your own thoughts. Spiritual things have no private interpretation but are taught by the Holy Spirit. I rely on the Holy Spirit of whom Jesus said would guide me into all the truth that I needed to know. Do I already have all that I will need to know? Of coarse not, but many of things I do have, come from God directly by His Spirit as He promised. If a man is not taught by the Spirit then he has nothing to say about Truth because Truth and Grace is of the Spirit and not the letter.

Here we have the writing of Paul who also says what Jesus says.
1JN 2:23-27 Whosoever denies the Son, the same does not the Father: he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which you have heard from the beginning. If that which you have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, you also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that He has promised us, even Eternal Life. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the Anointing which you have received of Him abides in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in Him.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:44 PM

3,834 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You're right in saying that His own personal ministry was solely to the Israelites, but He did specifically commission His Apostles to take His gospel to every nation.

Quote:
Where did he say this?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
MT 24:14 And this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

MK 16:15 And He said unto them, Go you into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature.

Quote:
[b]Mark 16:9-20 has been called a later addition to the Gospel of Mark ….

Luke 22:29-30
And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me,
so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 24:46-49
And he said to them, “Thus it is written that the Messiah would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day
and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins, would be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
You are witnesses of these things.
And [behold] I am sending the promise of my Father upon you; but stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

OP DEBUNKED!!

Old 08-26-2019, 10:18 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
"Satan" is, in part, any belief we hold that denies that ^^^ truth.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:29 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post

so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

And he said to them, “Thus it is written that the Messiah would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day
and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins, would be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
And [behold] I am sending the promise of my Father upon you; but stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

OP DEBUNKED!!
I don’t believe that the OP has been debunked...It seems that you’re cherry picking...

Old 08-27-2019, 01:56 AM

23,179 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:

OP DEBUNKED!!
Look in Hosea, God seeded the ten tribes into all nations of Gentiles so that Gentiles could come back with respect to the laws and God's worship system to be grafted and adopted into Israel.

The lost sheep of the house of Israel are not Jews, all the nations are preached to, that all Gentiles convert to the religion Jesus practiced.

The truth does go out to all nations, and this truth is to become one with Jews in an adoption, to be grafted as those first Gentile converts to Judaism.

Christians are no longer grafted and adopted, no longer under the covenant Jesus brought for Israel and Judah because they simply stopped being Israel.

This is the reason NO CHRISTIAN can quote the covenant and pretend he has a place in that covenant and expect anyone to take him seriously.

Gentiles Do have a covenant under Noah, certainly not under the covenant Jesus brought, you can't force a Gentile to convert to the same religion as Jesus, in the first church, Gentiles became Israe, this is no longer true today.

There are NO Gentiles in the covenant Jesus brought for Israel and Judah, never was, there are only Gentiles who BECAME Israel,'' Not my people become my people.''

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-27-2019 at 02:04 AM..

Old 08-27-2019, 08:00 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Look in Hosea, God seeded the ten tribes into all nations of Gentiles so that Gentiles could come back with respect to the laws and God's worship system to be grafted and adopted into Israel.

The lost sheep of the house of Israel are not Jews, all the nations are preached to, that all Gentiles convert to the religion Jesus practiced.

The truth does go out to all nations, and this truth is to become one with Jews in an adoption, to be grafted as those first Gentile converts to Judaism.

Christians are no longer grafted and adopted, no longer under the covenant Jesus brought for Israel and Judah because they simply stopped being Israel.

This is the reason NO CHRISTIAN can quote the covenant and pretend he has a place in that covenant and expect anyone to take him seriously.

Gentiles Do have a covenant under Noah, certainly not under the covenant Jesus brought, you can't force a Gentile to convert to the same religion as Jesus, in the first church, Gentiles became Israe, this is no longer true today.

There are NO Gentiles in the covenant Jesus brought for Israel and Judah, never was, there are only Gentiles who BECAME Israel,'' Not my people become my people.''

Galatians 3:28

28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:08 AM

3,834 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
I don’t believe that the OP has been debunked...It seems that you’re cherry picking...
The way I see it, He (and He alone) perfectly lived and fulfilled Gods Law and the covenant, thereby inheriting the kingdom.

His new covenant, an everlasting covenant, which Still consistently includes every letter of Gods Law, is now open to ALL nations all peoples.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:34 AM

23,179 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
The way I see it, He (and He alone) perfectly lived and fulfilled Gods Law and the covenant, thereby inheriting the kingdom.

His new covenant, an everlasting covenant, which Still consistently includes every letter of Gods Law, is now open to ALL nations all peoples.
It is open to all Gentiles as it has been before, but you can't force Christians to take hold of a covenant they will not take hold of.

Not trying to insult anyone or to insinuate anyone isn't saved, but the fact of the matter is, there are no Gentiles in covenant, there are only Gentiles who became Israel, who became one witn Jews.

Modern Christianity is not the same religion as the first, it sll changed about 7 decades after Jesus.

Jesus brought a covenant for Ephraim and Judah, that is not what Christians are today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity