Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 06:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,429,700 times

Advertisements

I will cause those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but lie... I will make them come and bow down at your feet... and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-17-2015 at 07:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 04:13 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,106,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
they weren't? how did they get on there?
Herod put them there...

Old 08-18-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Herod had some of his goons on the Sanhedrin.
I don't think we know how many were not Jewish, but
it's probably close to half. or even more.

anyway, I shouldn't be posting here anymore, and from the likes
of what I've read, those who believe in the equality of truths and
opinions seem to like that.
My thread was an effort to stay away from the constant bickering,
and fallacious opinions of others.
It is only out of posting ethical boundaries that I cannot say
what I truly think concerning some of the posters in this place.
Such a nice Christian to have such thoughts of others...

Old 08-18-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
MT 24:14 And this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

MK 16:15 And He said unto them, Go you into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:9-20 has been called a later addition to the Gospel of Mark by most New Testament scholars in the past century. The main reason for doubting the authenticity of the ending is that it does not appear in some of the oldest existing witnesses, and it is reported to be absent from many others in ancient times by early writers of the Church. - The Ending of Mark (Mark 16:9-20)

Old 08-18-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
When they had him arrested and tried him the first night, breaking the law of 7 days to build a defense--they never broke law,( except on Jesus account) but their hatred was immense for jesus--they sent him to the romans to be killed. Every thing they were teaching about Jesus to the flock were 100% lies--they said he got his power from satan, they also said he was making himself equal with God, but he never did that.
They were in error in their thinking, they were expecting a mighty king to stand right then and wipe the romans out--they were wrong, then a mere carpenters son was telling them their errors and their hatred grew immensely.
That wasn't Israel...

Old 08-18-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
Mathew 12: verses 15 - 21 seem to prove you wrong on this assumption. Jesus may have been sent for the Jews, but the Gentiles also benefit from his teachings and sacrifice.

Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. And many followed him, and he healed them all and ordered them not to make him known. This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah:

“Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,
my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased.
I will put my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
He will not quarrel or cry aloud,
nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets;
a bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not quench,
until he brings justice to victory;
and in his name the Gentiles will hope.â€

Isaiah 42:

1.Behold My servant, I will support him, My chosen one, whom My soul desires; I have placed My spirit upon him, he shall promulgate justice to the nations.
Rashi's Commentary:

Behold My servant, I will support him: Behold My servant Jacob is not like you, for I will support him.

My chosen one: Israel is called ‘My chosen one’ ([mss.:] His chosen one) (Ps. 135:4) “For the Eternal chose Jacob for Himself.†Scripture states also (infra 45:4): “For the sake of My servant Jacob and Israel My chosen one.â€

whom My soul desires; I have placed My spirit upon him: to let his prophets know My secret, and his end will be that ‘he shall promulgate justice to the nations,’ as it is stated (supra 2:3): “And let Him teach us of His ways etc.â€
2.He shall neither cry nor shall he raise [his voice]; and he shall not make his voice heard outside.

Rashi's Commentary:

nor shall he raise [his voice]: He shall not raise his voice. It will not be necessary to admonish and to prophesy to the nations, for they will come by themselves to learn from them [i.e., from Israel], as the matter is stated (Zech. 8: 23): “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.â€
3.A breaking reed he shall not break; and a flickering flaxen wick he shall not quench; with truth shall he execute justice.
Rashi's Commentary:

A breaking reed he shall not break: Jonathan paraphrases: The meek, who are like a breaking reed, shall not break, and the poor, who are like a flickering candle, shall not be quenched.

and a flickering flaxen wick: A wet flaxen wick, that is nearly extinguished. Their king will not rob the poor and will not break the poor and the weak.
4.Neither shall he weaken nor shall he be broken, until he establishes justice in the land, and for his instruction, islands shall long.
Rashi's Commentary:

Neither shall he weaken nor shall he be broken: Heb. וְלֹא יָרוּץ, like לֹא יֵרָצֵץ, he shall not be broken, “for the earth shall be full of knowledge of the Lord as water covers the seabed†(supra 11:9). And they shall obey them, as the matter is stated (Zeph. 3:9): “For then I will make the nations pure of speech etc.†That is what follows: And for his instruction islands shall long. They shall all obey his instruction.
I don't see anything in there about Jesus or Gentiles....

Old 08-18-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I will cause those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but lie... I will make them come and bow down at your feet... and acknowledge that I have loved you.
Your point?...

Old 08-18-2015, 04:44 PM

63,993 posts, read 40,270,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I don't see anything in there about Jesus or Gentiles....
Yes, Yes . . . we know you are among the chosen people. The rest of us are SOL. It is a corrosive belief that permeates Judaism. It is why they missed the Mosiach. They were looking for the wrong one.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, Yes . . . we know you are among the chosen people. The rest of us are SOL. It is a corrosive belief that permeates Judaism. It is why they missed the Mosiach. They were looking for the wrong one.
They were looking for the one that G-d told them to look for...However, there have been plenty that claimed to be Moshiach...The one that came the closest to being the Moshiach was Bar Kochba...But he died before completing what the Moshiach was supposed to do...So he wasn't the Moshiach...The Moshiach will be identifiable by the things that he does, namely bring world peace, re-establish the Temple sacrificial system, and cause the whole world to recognize HaShem...And the biggie, end war...The problem people seem not to understand about the Chosen people of G-d is not that G-d chose them for favoritism or that they would be the sole group to make it to heaven, but He chose them to be a Nation of Priests, to be a Light unto the Gentiles, to show the way...Be an example...Show the way to G-d...

Old 08-18-2015, 07:08 PM

63,993 posts, read 40,270,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
They were looking for the one that G-d told them to look for....The Moshiach will be identifiable by the things that he does, namely bring world peace, re-establish the Temple sacrificial system, and cause the whole world to recognize HaShem...And the biggie, end war...
The bold reveals why you were looking for the wrong one. The barbaric idea of sacrifices to God for ANY reason is too savage to contemplate in this day and age . . . yet you would see it re-established.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity