Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 12:11 PM

19,973 posts, read 13,459,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Do you take direction from God real time ? or do you invent it as you go ? Like scriptures pick only what fits your agenda?
Do you? How is this substantively different from claiming to hear voices in your head? How is it not, ironically, a justification for picking only what fits your agenda? "I want to do X, and my justification is god told me to do it." People have used that template to justify everything from comforting the sick to committing murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 12:14 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Lol.

I can only tell you what the tradition I grew up in would say, which is, when Jesus walked the earth, it was a different "dispensation" or contract between god and man. After Israel rejected Jesus as their offered Messiah, God turned to the Gentiles for converts, ushering in the "age of the Gentiles".

When did Israel reject Jesus?...

Old 08-16-2015, 01:41 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
When did Israel reject Jesus?...
The Israelite teachers were teaching Jesus received his power from satan, they turned their hearts to hatred to him and lied and said he was making himself equal with God and sent him to his death. Such a hatred that they even broke the law and tried him the first night he was arrested, a man had 7 days to build a defense under jewish law back then, they were sticklers for the law, but their hatred for Jesus was greater.
They as well lacked love--they looked down on the flock calling them Amharets--( means giving table scraps to the dogs( these were spiritual table scraps though)

Old 08-16-2015, 01:47 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Do you? How is this substantively different from claiming to hear voices in your head? How is it not, ironically, a justification for picking only what fits your agenda? "I want to do X, and my justification is god told me to do it." People have used that template to justify everything from comforting the sick to committing murder.
By the known characteristics of the Spirit. Murder is not consistent with that.

Old 08-16-2015, 02:04 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,101 times
as usual, I stand by everything I said in my post in this thread,
and I'm just plain tired of the repetition involved in having to constantly
type out and "disprove" against those who counterdict what I say.
We're talking about some very basic Christian truths that are not
up for argument. I've just had it "up to here" with this place.

Old 08-16-2015, 02:11 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I've just had it "up to here" with this place.
'bye

Old 08-16-2015, 03:19 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,921,731 times
Quote:
Being born again born of the Spirit of God , yes I know God's voice in my life .
I seek after God's direction in many aspects of my life ,day in and day out .
There in is His Lordship realized.
With out His actual Lordship, one can expect the Judgment Jesus laid out in Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Jesus said, "blessed are they that do hunger, and thirst, after righteousness, for they shall be filled."
The promise laid out in Jeramiah 31; 31,32,33, propvided John 14; 15; and Acts 2; and testified 1 John 2;20 and in the lives of many born of the Spirit .
God does not direct me to do things blatently wrong and I am still in control no one is forcing me .
God is offended with lies and deception , and all are accountable for every single word we speak.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:36 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,921,731 times
If you being evil know how to give good gifts , how much more will the Father give the Holy Spirit to those that ask HIm."
Atributing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan, is the unforgivable sin the Holy Spirit is not obligted to forgive ever.
The Holy Spirit is the identifying mark by which God's angels identify His own.
Out side the Holy Spirit connection ,one is merely in religion, not a relationship.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Being born again born of the Spirit of God , yes I know God's voice in my life .
I seek after God's direction in many aspects of my life ,day in and day out .
There in is His Lordship realized.
With out His actual Lordship, one can expect the Judgment Jesus laid out in Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Jesus said, "blessed are they that do hunger, and thirst, after righteousness, for they shall be filled."
The promise laid out in Jeramiah 31; 31,32,33, propvided John 14; 15; and Acts 2; and testified 1 John 2;20 and in the lives of many born of the Spirit .
God does not direct me to do things blatently wrong and I am still in control no one is forcing me .
God is offended with lies and deception , and all are accountable for every single word we speak.
G-d is offended when you violate Torah...

Old 08-16-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
We're talking about some very basic Christian truths that are not
up for argument.
Yes, they are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity