Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 11:05 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe Christians are sick of being his/her punching bag.
I punch no one. I suppose you equate my being happily married as punching you? Or my not living in fear?

And please, don't group all Christians into your little camp.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:08 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What's truly sad is they have no idea of the bondage they are in, nor what has melded with them on such a deep soulish level, or the TRUE compassion (as opposed to the false compassion that continues the enslavement), that G-d wants to show them by setting them free of this fruit.

And not only them, but the priesthood's heart that holds the root. But this is part of the sins of the Nicolatians and except for the few that may escape by bowing the knee, most will not until He returns. And then it's woe unto the shepherds twice over. May He have mercy on us all. Peace
Oh, thank you anonymous religious extremist on the Internet, for showing me the errors of my ways

Old 03-14-2016, 11:28 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I punch no one.
Every false accusation of bigotry and hatred is a punch, and every time you call people names is a punch.

Quote:
And please, don't group all Christians into your little camp.
I have not grouped anyone into any camp, I simply said Christians are tired of being punching bags, and I don't care who is doing the punching, be it those who claim to be atheists, or those who claim to be Christians. A punch is a punch.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:34 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I actually believe most bible believers of the fundamentalist variety are in bondage to sin. It seems all they talk about is sin, more often than not, what they "think" is sin in others, and ignoring the scriptures that teach judgement begins with house of God and and to take out the plank out of our own eyes and upon doing so seeing that the speck of dust that we thought was in our brothers eye was not really there in the first place to be judged anyway. Thankfully his mercy is upon you priests that lead his people astray, that have turned a ministry of righteousness into a ministry of condemnation of everything you assume is sin.
You apparently didn't read my post with comprehension, or you would notice that I gave the house of G-d top billing as the root. I think that at least rates me as at least an "equal opportunity racist bigoted fundy", don't you? Peace

PS. I'm well aware of the ministry of righteousness, but there is no bypassing the outer court nor the inner court realm, while they are still available to deal with the issues of the flesh and sin. Consider it ark building 101. Filling the ark comes later. That's why He said, you MUST DECREASE, and I will increase.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:23 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Rbbi1, I asked a question of you in my post 519 which, even though you remain active on this thread, you appear to have missed or have otherwise ignored. It concerns scripture which, evidently, drives your 'Christian' views on homosexuality. I would like to discuss the so-called 'clobber texts' of the Bible one at a time (there are less than a half-dozen texts in the entire Bible) and I start with probably the most 'notorious' one as found in Romans 1:21-27. And so, I repeat the question I asked of you in the hope that you'll answer it the second time around. I also invite Finn_Jarber and others of like views to participate since they are very vocal on this issue and give the impression that the Bible supports their 'aversion' to homosexuality. I don't believe that anyone condemns homosexuality because they believe that "God" disapproves of it. I believe that's a sham they use to defend their own bigotry and homophobia! HOWEVER, this is the chance to prove that "God" does indeed condemn homosexuality by discussing with me the following passage of scripture as contained in my previous post:

Okay. Let me take an exegetical approach to scripture, i.e. NOT an opinion. Here it is. I have no doubt that Romans 1:26-27 (one of the favorite 'clobber texts used by Christians to demean gay people) is referencing "those who once knew God but have now (to use a Star Wars term) turned to the 'dark side' and are now participating in practices affiliated with pagan idolatry, i.e. the worship of images made to resemble mortal man, birds, animals and reptiles. These worship practices apparently included many 'lewd' forms of sexual activities that also, likely, involved sodomites, i.e. shrine temple prostitutes that were considered 'sacred' by the pagans. Should you wish to you can Google both 'shrine temple prostitution' and 'pagan idolatry' and this will then give you a picture of what Paul is referencing in that Romans 1 chapter. See, an exegetical approach does not mean merely quoting verses 26-27 of Romans 1 - as MOST Christians do because that's all they need to spout an anti-gay hate message - but starting AT THE BEGINNING (verses 21-27) which actually describes what is going on!

Right. What I would ask from you is this. Do you dispute that this particular text (a favorite Christian "clobber text", as I said) is referencing the (sexual) practice of both male and female as affiliated with pagan idolatry? Yes? No? If you DO dispute this then please give your EXEGETICAL definition as to what the Apostle Paul is talking about. Okay? Let me know where I've gotten it wrong. I'm all ears.

If you, Rbbi1, or anyone else, CANNOT refute the 'pagan idolatry' theme of Romans 1:21-26 and instead can offer another exegetical explanation are you ready to concede that mainstream Christianity has gotten it wrong?

Old 03-14-2016, 06:48 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Very good. Thanks for the link. What a brave man to, probably, now face the ire of (perhaps) many of his congregation. I guess this man is, to many, now <sigh> in league with the devil.
You're welcome. Yeah, he's a pretty awesome guy. He and his family have been shredded pretty good over this. Some scary, hateful stuff thrown his way, but he's strong enough to handle it with grace.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
It is not fact, it is your personal opinion.

It is not fact, it is your personal opinion.

The claim that Christians use the passages to demean is a straw man argument, which is as good as a lie.

Then explain why Leelah Alcorn walked into the path of a semi one night, after no doubt being subjected repeatedly to these clobber passages?

Why did my family use said passages to disown me? If not to demean and attempt to shame me back into my closet?

Old 03-14-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Every false accusation of bigotry and hatred is a punch, and every time you call people names is a punch.

I have not grouped anyone into any camp, I simply said Christians are tired of being punching bags, and I don't care who is doing the punching, be it those who claim to be atheists, or those who claim to be Christians. A punch is a punch.

Do you mean false accusations (slander...WHICH IS A SIN!!!!!) like this?

Gay men molest children at far higher rates than heterosexuals.

Same-sex parents harm children.

People become homosexual because they were sexually abused as children or there was a deficiency in sex-role modeling by their parents.

Gay men controlled the Nazi Party and helped to orchestrate the Holocaust.

Hate crime laws will lead to the jailing of pastors who criticize homosexuality and the legalization of practices like bestiality and necrophilia.

Allowing gay people to serve openly will damage the armed forces.

Gay people are more prone to be mentally ill and to abuse drugs and alcohol.

[Though it is true that LGBT people tend to suffer higher rates of anxiety, depression, and depression-related illnesses and behaviors like alcohol and drug abuse than the general population, that is due to the historical social stigmatization of homosexuality and violence directed at LGBT people, not because of homosexuality itself. Studies done during the past several years have determined that it is the stress of being a member of a minority group in an often-hostile society — and not LGBT identity itself — that accounts for the higher levels of mental illness and drug use.]

Gay people can "choose to leave" homosexuality.

ALL LIES.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:53 PM

440 posts, read 377,336 times
That's right, LGBT people don't suffer for being LGBT; it's cultural and institutionalised homophobia that causes a psychological impact.

People find it funny to make jokes about LGBT people where this characteristic is ridiculed and/or vilified, but sometimes, even the most innocent of them make LGBT people feel less than others.

And don't think this is something that only affects teen and adult LGBT people; homophobia is perceived since childhood and it affects the way LGBT kids see themselves (self-hatred, low self-esteem, etc.).

Old 03-14-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You apparently didn't read my post with comprehension, or you would notice that I gave the house of G-d top billing as the root. I think that at least rates me as at least an "equal opportunity racist bigoted fundy", don't you? Peace

PS. I'm well aware of the ministry of righteousness, but there is no bypassing the outer court nor the inner court realm, while they are still available to deal with the issues of the flesh and sin. Consider it ark building 101. Filling the ark comes later. That's why He said, you MUST DECREASE, and I will increase.

There is no physical temple. It was destroyed. No inner realm. No outer realm. No courts. There is only Jesus. He alone has the authority to "deal with" issues of the flesh and sin. No one else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity