Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 09:48 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,721,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Actually the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit told me just the opposite. I like the one that loves everybody and doesn't leave out homosexuals or anyone else. Your holy spirit is too fickle.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-10-2015 at 10:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 10:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
The Holy Spirit told me just the opposite.
That's going to upset the fundamentalists. They think they own the Holy Spirit. Also...Jesus, the Bible, patriotism, the American flag, the United States military, baseball, and Garth Brooks. Weird, but it is what it us.

I say....let's upset them!!

Old 10-10-2015, 10:27 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,213,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's going to upset the fundamentalists. They think they own the Holy Spirit. Also...Jesus, the Bible, patriotism, the American flag, the United States military, baseball, and Garth Brooks. Weird, but it is what it us.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Dude looks like he's getting ready to shoot a tornado.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:29 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,213,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Dude looks like he's getting ready to shoot a tornado.
lol true

Old 10-10-2015, 10:41 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,933,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Why is it that people want to take a statement of an ideal and make it into a law? Didn't Jesus say that God allowed a variation from that ideal? The point being that it would be BEST to work out an appropriate relationship rather than just abandon it. May not be doable, depending on the situation.

The two Revelation quotes in no way refule or make moot the perception of a paradigm shift, unless you think that the people described:"But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars--their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." and "Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood" are acting in loving or caring ways as described by that "new standard."
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus did not say that God allowed a variation from that ideal.
The words of Jesus from Matthew 25:31-46 and Revelation 21:8 and Revelation 22:15 testifies that some so-called exemption for those on left is just not so.

Jesus said:
John 5:28-30
“Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."
which what Jesus said is in agreement from the OT
Daniel 12:2
"Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt."
Ok I did not make it clear that the first part of my reply was in reference to the first poinbt of your post and Jersus said “Because of your hardness of heart he (Moses) wrote you this commandment." and if Moses was not writing what God instructed, let me know.

The second part, you did not address at all, the point was that evildoers do NOT act out of the love that is the principle of the New Covenant, the paradigm shift from Law as basis for living and judgement.

So, basically, you said nothing whatsoever about my post.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:50 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,933,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Do you honestly believe that Adam and Eve are prime examples of what a marriage and child-rearing should be all about.

Fail!

Oh, I should also mention that A&E were not married as far as we know.

As for your "not messing with marriage as God created it" ...you're surely not serious, are you? Biblical marriage completely disregards the woman (she being the property of the male) and present-day marriages that result in a 50% divorce rate certainly indicate that people are doing a fine job of "messing with marriage as God created it" ...!

Or, is homosexuality the cause for heterosexuals jumping out of their "God-ordained' marriages?

Why would Jesus have taken the opportunity to include homosexuality in His answer to a question asked of Him by His opponents with regard to divorce BETWEEN a man and a woman? That WOULD have been not only weird but also totally irrelevant!
Let's remind Vizio and his compatriots what the changing and varying nature of "biblical marriage".

Old 10-10-2015, 11:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,917 times
As we know, the Bible is clearly an interpretation. Depending on the person who is reading it, the interpretation will NOT always be the same. No matter how cut & dry you may think the statement is, the person next to you could read the exact same statement & understand the meaning to be completely different than yours is. That is, unless, for example the words written were, "Homosexuality Is A Sin & All Will Be Sent Straight To Hell" That statement has No room for interpretation, but there is NO WHERE in the Bible where that is written. Although, the way some people will read a passage out of the Bible & put their own spin on it, that is what they would love for you to belive. It's sad, isn't it?

Old 10-11-2015, 07:33 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,502,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Ok I did not make it clear that the first part of my reply was in reference to the first poinbt of your post and Jersus said “Because of your hardness of heart he (Moses) wrote you this commandment." and if Moses was not writing what God instructed, let me know.

The second part, you did not address at all, the point was that evildoers do NOT act out of the love that is the principle of the New Covenant, the paradigm shift from Law as basis for living and judgement.

So, basically, you said nothing whatsoever about my post.
Maybe you didn't get the point Jesus was making or wantonly not willing to, in either case when Jesus said what he did, he in fact is saying that yes evildoers do NOT act out of the love ... love for God and the Truth and so are justly damned\condemned for it.

Jesus makes it very plain that evildoers do NOT act out of the love when he says:
"Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." ~ Jesus

Old 10-11-2015, 08:02 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Jesus makes it very plain that evildoers do NOT act out of the love when he says:
"Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." ~ Jesus
Does that include all fundamentalist bible believers who having believed have done all the above(especially your leaders)?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity