Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 08:52 AM

86 posts, read 56,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Prove dispensationalism...
The bible proves it, I accept it. I cannot make you believe anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 08:57 AM

86 posts, read 56,496 times
"For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Chrlst for you Gentlles, “IF YE HAVE HEARD OF THE DISPENSATION OF THE GRACE OF GOD WHICH IS GIVEN ME TO YOU WARD: "HOW THAT BY REVELATION HE MADE KNOWN UNTO ME THE MYSTERY... “WHICH IN OTHER AGES WAS NOT MADE KNOWN UNTO THE SONS OF MEN, AS IT IS NOW REVEALED UNTO HIS HOLY APOSTLES AND PROPHETS BY THE SPIRIT;
“THAT THE GENTILES SHOULD BE FELLOWHEIRS, AND OF THE SAME BODY, AND PARTAKERS OFHIS PROMISE lN CHRIST BY THE GOSPEL (Eph.3:1-3,5,6)

Old 02-15-2016, 09:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,096,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfindagoodname View Post
I understand it all very well. I am sorry you reject The Apostle that God used to usher in the current dispensation. Peter was never a Pope either. He never lead a Gentile church anywhere.
There was a time when I thought that I understood it very well, then realized I didn't when those that were more knowledgeable presented more compelling arguments...

Really?...Prove what you say, then...Where does it state that Peter was not the first Pope...

... Given the remarkable correspondence with ecclesiastical tradition, most scholars accept the claim that Peter was the leader of the earliest church in Rome, where he died (according to tradition, his death was by upside-down crucifixion, as he did not feel worthy of being crucified right side up in the same manner as Jesus)... - https://www.quora.com/Is-there-proof...the-first-Pope

...The Roman Catholic Church sees Peter as the first pope upon whom God had chosen to build His church (Matthew 16:18). It holds that he had authority (primacy) over the other apostles. The Roman Catholic Church maintains that sometime after the recorded events of the book of Acts, the Apostle Peter became the first bishop of Rome, and that the Roman bishop was accepted by the early church as the central authority among all of the churches. It teaches that God passed Peter’s apostolic authority to those who later filled his seat as bishop of Rome. This teaching that God passed on Peter’s apostolic authority to the subsequent bishops is referred to as “apostolic succession.”... - Was Saint Peter the first pope?

- The First Pope - Vatican Articles

Old 02-15-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
The bible proves it, I accept it. I cannot make you believe anything.
No...I've studied it...I know what it is and there is nothing in the bible that supports it...

Old 02-15-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
"For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Chrlst for you Gentlles, “IF YE HAVE HEARD OF THE DISPENSATION OF THE GRACE OF GOD WHICH IS GIVEN ME TO YOU WARD: "HOW THAT BY REVELATION HE MADE KNOWN UNTO ME THE MYSTERY... “WHICH IN OTHER AGES WAS NOT MADE KNOWN UNTO THE SONS OF MEN, AS IT IS NOW REVEALED UNTO HIS HOLY APOSTLES AND PROPHETS BY THE SPIRIT;
“THAT THE GENTILES SHOULD BE FELLOWHEIRS, AND OF THE SAME BODY, AND PARTAKERS OFHIS PROMISE lN CHRIST BY THE GOSPEL (Eph.3:1-3,5,6)
So?...This is only what Paul claims...

Old 02-15-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Here is something to peruse:

- https://www.city-data.com/forum/42942047-post1.html

Old 02-15-2016, 07:16 PM

63,955 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is silly. There is only ONE God. It is what the Jews erroneously believe ABOUT God that differs.
Quote:
Nope...The Christian god is an amalgam of different ideas...
There is only ONE God, Richard. What differs is what is believed ABOUT Him, period. The Jews believe God is a barbaric and primitive War God. Christians believe God IS agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. Who is correct? Obviously, I believe Jesus is.

Richard, you asked me how Christ saved us and my answer was:
Quote:
By bringing the very consciousness (Holy Spirit) of God to His Human consciousness then dying and being "born again" as Spirit connecting ALL human consciousness to God and preventing our permanent separation from God. He also became available to us all within our consciousness as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love.
And you said:
Quote:
Ahhh...Yea...No...
Can't make up your mind, Richard???

Old 02-15-2016, 07:36 PM

18,518 posts, read 9,199,898 times
Quote:
Christians believe God IS agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus.
The only person I've ever heard that doctrine from is...you. I haven't heard that from any other Christian or any Christian church.

I don't think your views are mainstream in any branch of Christianity.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:49 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,829,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The only person I've ever heard that doctrine from is...you. I haven't heard that from any other Christian or any Christian church.

You are correct. However, Mystic is correct also. Where he goes off track is that he doesn't believe ALL the words of Christ.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:51 PM

63,955 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It is not mere human doctrine, it is the words of Jesus the Christ and that makes it Christian.
Quote:
I have been pretty clear that I consider the mainstream Christian churches to be the anti-Christ apostate majority predicted for these latter days, Freak. My views are those revealed unambiguously by Jesus, not any church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity