Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 06:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,281,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You obviously have not actually seen the Video or you would not have posted what is not true about it.

You must be drawing your understanding from those lying about it.
I watched the video. I drew my own conclusions about it. My post could have been phrased better but, to be honest, I'm not going to change my writing style to avoid offending the JW's. If you don't like my conclusions or if you think I'm wrong.....I'm not a bit surprised. If you're not a JW... you should be. You do an excellent job of defending them every chance you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Then it would be someone else and you'd be talking with someone else. Maybe a rock...

That's a distinct possibility. It's probably in my DNA. As my grandfather, a believer who loved nature and who would have felt at home in Trout's front yard, once proclaimed, "There is more of God in a rock than any church."

Yep. I'd definitely choose communing with a rock over talking with people who promote beliefs, whatever they may be, that I think are a lot of hooey.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:09 PM

741 posts, read 446,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's a distinct possibility. It's probably in my DNA. As my grandfather, a believer who loved nature and would have been at home in Trout's front yard, once proclaimed, "There is more of God in a rock than any church."

Yep. I'd definitely choose communing with a rock over talking with people who promote beliefs, whatever they may be, that I think are a lot of hooey.
Well if that rock ever talks to you and says exactly what the Bible says about sex what then?

Old 05-18-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Well if that rock ever talks to you and says exactly what the Bible says about sex what then?
A rock that recites Bible verses? I'd call CNN and say, "I found something that will get Trump out of the headlines."

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-18-2016 at 07:36 PM..

Old 05-18-2016, 07:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:
I reckon Dew knows herself well enough that should that extremely unlikely possibility occur, she'd check herself in to her favourite Doc for a consult.

However...should the rock speak to her of endurance and stability and always experiencing the now, she would listen and learn much.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

However...should the rock speak to her of endurance and stability and always experiencing the now, she would listen and learn much.
Actually.... that may have happened a time or two. Or ten. I've learned much about life and God from rocks in deserts and on mountains and waves crashing onto empty beaches and moss that grows on trees in places far, far away from a church.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-18-2016 at 07:46 PM..

Old 05-18-2016, 07:36 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,477,899 times
Quote:
Indeed my point as well. It wasn't even a Witness that posted the video here in the first place. Where the person got the video wasn't from the official JW.ORG. They got it from someone else. Like I said earlier, Witnesses are only guilty of offering everything that is available to any Witness is available to everyone. This video was not forced on anyone in the LGBT community. It is only offered. They can listen or toss it. It's everyone's right to do so.

People that keep coming back and posting their same views over and over...we get it you don't like the video. Stop watching it and don't show it to anyone. It's their choice and we are fine with that. Yet they hate it so much that they share it?! They are in fact doing what JWs are not. Showing it more than JWs do. I find that interesting. I keep saying if it wasn't JWs it would be someone else. That someone else is themselves distributing Bible truth with no assistance for JWs at at. Praise Jah and thank you to all posting the video on all the message boards with no JW assistance at all. Keep up the good work.
Actually from the various forums I am on and reading the sites where the video is mentioned, I see a LOT of people going to JW.org and watching it. the majority of comments, except on obvious pro LGBT sites, are very supportive of the video and no complaints about its contents.

The LGBT community is helping JW's spread the word about their web site.

Lets see if they do the same for the Awake #4 on the web site and its article on the subject.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A rock that recites Bible verses? I'd call CNN and say, "I found something that will get Trump out of the headlines."
That's actually pretty funny. LOL

Old 05-18-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Actually from the various forums I am on and reading the sites where the video is mentioned, I see a LOT of people going to JW.org and watching it. the majority of comments, except on obvious pro LGBT sites, are very supportive of the video and no complaints about its contents.

Lets see if they do the same for the Awake #4 on the web site and its article on the subject.
This is what I'm seeing as well.

Jehovah turning curses in to blessings. Far more coverage in a faster amount of time then you or I could ever accomplish.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:

You call it spreading the word.

I think it's more like warning the rest of the populace of the evil spread by Satan's own JW.org.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity