Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 10:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Again the Jewish religion fell into apostasy and yet during that time canonized the OT. God uses whom he wishes and they have no choice.

The NT, like the OT, ended and was canonize and just like the OT was, by an apostate weed controlled clergy. The OT is an example for us to see that God gets what he wants done ... done. How do we know it is the last until the millennium?

1. No indication of another Covenant in the NT. We were told a new one would replace the old one, in the OT and it did.
2. The wheat and weed parable simply says the wheat will be removed and no mention of any need for new "scrolls" at the End.
3. The next new scrolls mentioned occur in the millennium, so nothing in between the NT and those new scrolls.
4. Everything we are faced with today is covered in the NT, so no new direction needed. It is not like the OT with rigid laws, rather a few laws and then mainly principles that can apply to anything we face and allow us to show what is in our hearts.

Claiming new Revelation is on the same level as claiming new Revelation and Traditions from God, which the weed filled Church has done for centuries.
"Blah, blah, blah, bible blah. Our old men in Watchtower know the godling's mind better than Joseph Smith or Pope Frankie or anybody else! Blah, blah, bible blah."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 11:25 AM

28,150 posts, read 30,093,829 times
Quote:
Claiming new Revelation is on the same level as claiming new Revelation and Traditions from God, which the weed filled Church has done for centuries.
Suit yourself. If you want to tell God He's done talking, and that any further communication from Him is nothing but "weeds" in your mind, that's fine with me.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:34 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,474,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Suit yourself. If you want to tell God He's done talking, and that any further communication from Him is nothing but "weeds" in your mind, that's fine with me.
Oh God talks to all of us, at least all true believers. He does this through His written word and by His Holy Spirit. However all scripture points to no new Revelations or Scrolls until the Millennium. he did tell the Israelites a new covenant was coming in the OT, so where did he tell Christians in the NT one was coming? Do you have any verses that show otherwise, in clear context?

Old 05-11-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Oh God talks to all of us, at least all true believers. He does this through His written word and by His Holy Spirit.
Agreed.

Quote:
However all scripture points to no new Revelations or Scrolls until the Millennium. he did tell the Israelites a new covenant was coming in the OT, so where did he tell Christians in the NT one was coming? Do you have any verses that show otherwise, in clear context?
I'm afraid you totally lost me. Another "new covenant"? I don't have a clue what you're getting at.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:54 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,474,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Agreed.

I'm afraid you totally lost me. Another "new covenant"? I don't have a clue what you're getting at.
Sorry, God told the Israelites that the Covenant he had made with them would be replaced with a new one and this is what the NT covers. The new Covenant that was with the Christian Congregation, not Israel; theirs ended. Christians are now in that new Covenant and the laws and principles associated with it, not the 10 commandments that were a part of that old Covenant. The OT covers the history up to the old Covenant being established, the directions and laws given to those under it and how it was not obeyed by the nation for a very long time, like 1500 years while under it. The NT covers the history up to the new covenant and the directions and the laws and principles associated with it. There is no indication it would be replaced or any new Revelation or Laws would be given to man. The next mention of a new Scroll (The OT was also referred to in this way and we use "book" today) is in the book of Revelation and is to be opened in the millennium.

Where do you find any reference to a new Scroll/Book being given to Christians and replacing or modifying the OT/NT combination? What basis is there for such?

Old 05-11-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Where do you find any reference to a new Scroll/Book being given to Christians and replacing or modifying the OT/NT combination? What basis is there for such?
I don't. Obviously, you are mistaken as to what I believe.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:40 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,936,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Who's truth? Certainly NOT YOURS...

My TRUTH is different from YOURS..so why should your's rule?

GOD told me to LOVE, have MERCY, PRACTICE JUSTICE and HAVE COMPASSION...by these will the world KNOW I AM HERS...

truth is never different, there is but one truth. you left out repentence.

Old 05-11-2016, 02:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
There was 0 mention of hell in that video, Why would you make up a lie about what the JW,s teach?
There was also no mention of how kids should convert homosexuals.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-11-2016 at 02:41 PM..

Old 05-11-2016, 02:15 PM

15,941 posts, read 6,390,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There was also no mention of how kids should convert people.
At the end of the video there was. remember Sophia was talking about all the things she could tell her classmate (paradise...) one of the last things the mother said was 'let's practice"

Old 05-11-2016, 02:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
At the end of the video there was. remember Sophia was talking about all the things she could tell her classmate (paradise...) one of the last things the mother said was 'let's practice"
The OP claimed there was something about converting homosexuals. The classmate was not homosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity