Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 09:41 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,775,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
No, when I'm in a war--I stay on the battlefield. And it's here--against you and the other capitalists first, America second, family third, and God wherever He supports my bigotry.

I'm staying till its time for me to go home.

My tour of duty is not done, and you have yet to face the big guns sonny. I despise pretend christians like you and your twin.
Our faith is based on the word of God which has stood the test of time for thousands of years. You serve the Lord of lies who will deceive many into eternal darkness.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:28 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,754,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Our faith is based on the word of God which has stood the test of time for thousands of years. You serve the Lord of lies who will deceive many into eternal darkness.
My faith is based on the Word which IS God, but you've made it clear that Word is second to the word you don't bother to apply your intellect toward. I don't need a get out of hell free card. God may do with me as He likes.

What is the result of our two contrasting beliefs? Maybe there are testimonies all over the Internet about how liberal Christianity destroyed their lives, I'm not sure. But there are thousands and thousands of testimonies about how horrible your belief system is. There is even a website dedicated to those who want to tell others how your beliefs have either destroyed their lives, driven them to atheism, or left them drained of inner strength and purpose.

Wonder why that is? Why aren't ex-liberal Christians found all over the Internet?

But you don't believe testimony either.(because that is what the Bible really is). You love your biblical ignorance and glorify it. Your sinfulness is so ingrained in you that that biblical ignorance becomes a shield to keep you from facing yourself.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 05-30-2016 at 10:42 PM..

Old 05-30-2016, 10:33 PM

64,096 posts, read 40,395,194 times
Quote:
No jeff. Your faith is based on the Bible and it is NOT the word of God, Jesus IS!!! Jesus and the New Covenant He instituted are what you deny when you rely on the Bible as the word of God instead of the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God)..

Old 05-30-2016, 10:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,980,785 times
Quote:
650+ posts and still stubborn refusal to acknowledge the association between homosexuality and the HIV rate.
The point has no bearing on whether homosexual relations are wrong, only whether promiscuity is dangerous.

Focus on the OP

Old 05-30-2016, 11:05 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,909,724 times
Quote:
I've answered plenty of your questions.
I'm asking you to answer a specific question which you clearly cannot do without exposing yourself for what you are...and I'm also asking you to show your posts that you claim I have run from.

What sexual activities do homosexuals engage in that heterosexuals do not?

Quote:
Now it is time to answer mine just once. Answer it or run away to the hills...
Support your accusation that I have never answered your questions in the past...or expose yourself as a liar and and a fraud.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:23 PM

6,838 posts, read 2,965,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden
No, when I'm in a war--I stay on the battlefield. And it's here--against you and the other capitalists first, America second, family third, and God wherever He supports my bigotry.

My tour of duty is not done, and you have yet to face the big guns sonny. I despise pretend christians like you and your twin.
Quote:
Our faith is based on the word of God which has stood the test of time for thousands of years.
There's a saying that discretion is the better part of valor. And, I feel Jeff, that 'discretion' has not been your strong point on this discussion page. You've placed yourself in 'harm's way' by goading people with your pious and condemning attitude rather than your having used discretion to avoid this. And they, quite naturally, have retaliated as you would have known in advance that they would. You should have been able to defend your argument re the thread title with the very scriptures you claim to rely on FOR your faith-driven belief. But you didn't. You offer no counter argument to the arguments made by others but rather resort to name calling and condemnation ...similar to that you use toward gay people. This comes across to others who read your posts as being rather 'typically Jeff'. How can you honestly believe that those who might be new to the Christian faith would be in any way impressed by this kind of thing from a professed Christian?

Quote:
You serve the Lord of lies who will deceive many into eternal darkness.
See what I mean, Jeff? You make such a horrible threat to those who don't hold to the same condemning and spiteful belief that you ascribe to. Is this really the kind of thing that Jesus would say?

Old 05-30-2016, 11:28 PM

6,838 posts, read 2,965,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
650+ posts and still stubborn refusal to acknowledge the association between homosexuality and the HIV rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The point has no bearing on whether homosexual relations are wrong, only whether promiscuity is dangerous.

Focus on the OP
Exactly. But, unfortunately, red herrings are all that Jeff has got.

Sadly though, those who might normally be supportive of the thread title have left Jeff to fight the battle all on his own.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:31 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,538,965 times
Quote:
My father fought in WWII
My uncle fought in Korea
I fought in Vietnam (1967, USMC, DMZ)

Yours is one of the most historically ignorant statements filled with self-serving pride that I have ever seen on CD.

What you are is not Christian. You speak as a servant of the selfish American Empire---an anti-God position.

Roosevelt forced the Japanese to attack the U.S. by cutting off their oil supply---we were the primary source. They attacked in retaliation. Then we followed suit decades later with the first Iraq war to protect OUR oil sources.

The United States has literally raped small and third world countries to obtain cheap resources. That's how we remain the richest nation in the world, because blowhards encourage us to be thieves and wave the flag and sing "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

In 2004 John Perkins wrote a book entitled "Confessions of an Economic Hitman," detailing his recruitment out of college by a company that was primarily funded by the U.S. government. His job? To go to countries and convince leaders via bribes to allow American companies to come in and develop electrical grids. They promised to use only natives for the work (at 20 cents per hour, seven days a week) if those nations gave primary access to valuable oil, gas and mineral resources to the U.S. Only the government leaders in those countries benefitted from the deal. The people work without healthcare and without vacations and with the promise of being fired if they miss work for any reason. After all, the countries have millions of people struggling to stay alive.

Yet your national selfishness is one of the main reasons so many of the ordinary people in those countries hate us. Praise God. Right?

Because you are much like your younger twin, jeffbase40, glorying in your ignorance you won't research for yourself.

From his book as reported in Wikipedia:
-----------
"Economic hit men (EHMs) are highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and other foreign "aid" organizations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy families who control the planet's natural resources. Their tools included fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murder. They play a game as old as empire, but one that has taken on new and terrifying dimensions during this time of globalization."
-----------
He shows a report with his real education and the one forged for him that he gave to leaders in other companies. When he failed in Panama because that country's leader rejected U.S. efforts through Perkins his plane crashed in what remains an unsolved mystery (1981). Two months later the President of Ecuador who had rejected efforts of U.S. companies to expand their rape of resources died in a remarkably similar accident. Perkins believes the CIA accomplished in both countries what bribes could not. He also oppose all forign aid as he states it is continued bribe money to leaders in poor countries to allow the U.S. a continued right to rape. Little of the aid goes to the poor people in those nations.

This all proves your superficial scriptural knowledge as the Bible as it is full of economic "leveling." Only the government loaned money (charging interest was forbidden in the OT), and every 50 years or so it would forgive all debts resulting in gigantic economic booms.

Your disgusting nationalism is proof you worship an American tribal god, not the God written about in Scripture.

This nation is no different than Rome was in Jesus' day. Praise of the institutions of men, including religious denominational institutions, is simply cursing everything Jesus stood for.

Your religion praises wars, supports national theft, and denies equality to all except those you deem worthy under the law. Those who support such are whited sepulchers full of dead men's bones. You don't support freedom in Christ, you seek converts to be submissive peasants to American Empire.

Quote:

You should seek medical help.
I suggest getting in contact with somebody that can assist you or follow this link
Get Help - VA Mental Health - US Department of Veterans Affairs

Old 05-30-2016, 11:59 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,909,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

You should seek medical help.
I suggest getting in contact with somebody that can assist you or follow this link
Get Help - VA Mental Health - US Department of Veterans Affairs
Wow! Your Jesus would be proud of you.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:09 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,538,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Wow! Your Jesus would be proud of you.
He is .. not only because we're right about homosexuality being a sin but I also know truthful history, not the propaganda vomit you're so sure of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity