Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 01:00 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,746,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
But it is not a "regular occurrence" in humanity. All your hard work at documenting completely unrelated species in nature... neck rubbing in giraffes... really? Ok. The bonobo's... at least they are primates. What about them? Are male bonobo's paying surrogate females big coin to have babies for them so they can pretend to be parents?! In nature same sex behavior is a consequence of a hierarchical dominance structure which apportions the females to an alpha male and his lieutenants. It is rarely (if at all) resorted to by females for the simple reason that they do not need the outlet. Even in the males that same sex outlet is "resorted" to, not preferred. Human males in prison, in submarines, on interplanetary space missions, etc. resort to same sex behavior only for the duration of the separation from human females.

The exclusive expression of a same sex attraction is anomalous in all of Creation and for a very, very good reason! In 2016 when the planet groans under the weight of 8 billion men, women and children, it could be that homosexual expression would arise to prominence to lower the upward pressure on population. The elevation of equivalent bonding structures in the LBGT community complete with strategies for the procreation and rearing of children thus adding upward pressure on total population is not understood by this writer. It should not be condoned, and was not, until it became politicized and juxtaposed with the unjust oppression of other minorities such as African American people. Conflating innate rejection of a separate but equal Gay Culture with a denial of Civil Rights to same was a stroke of genius by Gay Advocates. What if they were/are wrong?

You have made several unsubstantiated premises in your post and the large majority of posts on the issue of LGBT legitimacy, and even the legitimacy of Christianity, fail in the most basic way: they argue an invalid premise as an is, simply by the force of argument. Not by the offering of any objective supporting evidence, and in fact, argue against considerable objective evidence negating the premise. This is all new ground, but there is a tiny. Extremely tiny, but growing evidence that the children of same sex couples suffer gender ambivalence and/or dysphoria at a greater rate than otherwise. It is ironic that a consequence of artificial insemination is a preponderance of male zygotes, and it is equally ironic that a consequence of international adoption is a preponderance of girl babies made available for this purpose. Lesbian couples raising boys more often than not, and gay men raising girls more often than not. What could possibly go wrong? About the only thing that keeps this (for now) from being the mother of all social train-wrecks is the relative affluence of the minority of the Gay Population most interested in emulating straight life and behavior down to the last detail (except one..).
You are the latest uneducated bigot to hit the Christian CD thread. One of the biggest deciding factors for the Supreme Court was what they learned about and from the children of same sex couples.

From the politics page of the June 15, 2015 Washington Post:

When she was a child, Jenny Rain couldn’t help but wonder whether there was something wrong with her family. There were the jokes on late-night television. The sermons in church. The time those boys hurled slurs on the Virginia Beach boardwalk, her two dads strolling obliviously as she boiled inside.

As she grew older, it dawned on her that it would be up to people like her — the children of same-sex couples trying to forge families in a skeptical world — to show the United States just how normal her upbringing was. But she had no idea that her own situation would be part of the evidence considered by federal judges in their ruling on same-sex marriage.
---------
So, despite your undocumented and unsubstantiated charge about differences in the development of children raised in gay families it apparently didn't appear before the Supreme Court last year like the above did. The biggest problem faced by children in gay families has been ostracism by children from families like yours. That's why many of them are afraid to talk about their parents---because they know you and your ilk have contaminated the minds of their schoolmates with your bigotry.

You haven't read much on the animal sexuality either. Wikipedia reports:

"Bonobos, which have a matriarchal society, unusual among apes, are a fully bisexual species—both males and females engage in heterosexual and homosexual behavior, being noted for female–female homosexuality in particular. Roughly 60% of all bonobo sexual activity occurs between two or more females."

In other words the females are MORE likely to display homosexual behavior. Two male penguins in the San Diego zoo were famous for their longtime association with one another. One impregnated a female and after an egg was laid the two males ran the female off and incubated the egg.

I'm simply amazed at the level of ignorance among people--or maybe I should not say "people" but fundamentalists posing as people in order that their cult be accepted as community.

Until recently the only children many homosexuals could adopt were the physically or mentally disabled because of the bigotry of people like you. They did so. Jeffbase40 stated they would be better off remaining in an orphanage. That's how ugly your fellow cultist is.

The fact remains that if you do not consider redheads to be anomalies of nature, neither are homosexuals who outnumber them. There has even been studies of twins where one grows up gay and the other straight. Same parents, same environment, same schooling but different sexual attraction.

Every gay child ever born came from a heterosexual relationship. Increasing numbers are being found in right wing extremist religious families who in know way would have "brought the child up to be gay."

Kathy Baldock wrote this blog in 2011. It can be found by searching CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS:

"I am one of you; I am a parent. I have two adult children, Andrew, 25 and Sami, 24. This is a picture of us on Mother’s Day. You and I well understand the depth of love a parent has for a child; it is unmatched in any other relationship. We parents all quote from the same “handbook” saying that we would give our lives for these, our offspring. Nothing holds more value than our children.

Some of you have been given children that are not quite what you pictured on the day they were born. You are a parent to a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) child. Some of you have accepted your children and take no issue with their orientation. For some of you, however, things are not going very well. There’s distance, frustration, anger, shame and even fear.

You are the ones I am addressing.

First, the disclaimers: no, I am not L, G, B, or T; I am straight, and always have been. Both of my children are straight. I am a devout Jesus-follower, no weird beliefs, got the marked-up, written-all-over Bible, was saved twenty seven years ago, have gone to the same church for over twenty years, attend weekly Bible studies and live what would be considered an admirable “Christian lifestyle”. You might even like me; I am pretty normal.

Ten years ago, I was firmly planted in the can’t-be-gay-and-Christian camp. I had the answers, kept the rules, and could go toe-to-toe with most people on any verse. And then, events in my life knocked me off that know-it-all pedestal. Concurrently, God, the Great Orchestrator, placed Netto, an agnostic lesbian, on my hiking trail. Not many people used that trail regularly and we began hiking together.

It took an additional five years for God to crack my deposit box of assuredness open so I could even consider that I might possibly be wrong about sexual orientation as it relates to Christianity. All to say, I understand the arguments and opposition when dialoguing about faith and sexual orientation/gender identity. Believe me, I have held most of those opposing views as my own.

For more than five years now, I have been advocating for understanding, acceptance and inclusion of LGBTChristians within the church. I am vocal, I am visible and your kids find me: on Facebook, YouTube, The Gay Christian Network and on my blog.

Several times each week, I receive communications from LGBT youth whose parents reject them at some level due to their sexual orientation. Your kids are coming to me because they are seeking a parent figure to listen to them, encourage, to love and accept them. During the single greatest struggle of their early life, many of these youth are at risk of having the three things every person needs–love , acceptance and security–withdrawn from them in varying degrees by their own parents; all because of their sexual orientation or gender identity."
------------
The true anomaly in this nation is a real Christian who has learned love and acceptance of others. The pretend Christians have become so numerous that God is now raising up atheists like TroutDude and Pleroo (I think now atheist after escaping the fundmantalist cult) to speak the message of Christ regarding His LGBTQ children.

I believe God has brought about every single homosexual or transgender person for an important reason---to divide out those claiming to be Christ followers as the goats crying "Lord, Lord" while practicing the same divisiveness of their Pharisee ancestors.

So the real anomaly is people that claim to be Christian while rejecting their own gay children. It is the equivalent in the animal world of parents who eat their own offspring. Those are odd, unnatural, and above all, not Christian.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:19 AM

11,096 posts, read 6,042,516 times
Powerful post, Warden! Thanks for sharing. And thank you for fighting the good fight.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:29 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,157,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well then, I can simply claim that homosexuality is a paraphilia. It's abnormal. One only has to look at the physical design of the two genders and see that they were meant to compliment each other in a relationship. A child needs both a father and a mother as well. That's what God created.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:44 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,746,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And millions of people would disagree with you. You have ZERO I repeat ZERO evidence that the Bible is a book of myths. Thanks for playing.
Both you and the poster you respond to have an incorrect assumption that a myth is simply a made up story. As an English/sociology/Bible graduate I can tell you both you haven't a clue.

Myths were created for several purposes. One was entertainment, but the most prevalent was to convey a larger story when memory was the primary method to pass an "understanding" down to following generations.
In ancient cultures myths were used to:
1. To explain how things came to be
2. To teach lessons or values
3. To unify a group or define a group's identity
4. To explain social or religious rituals
In the case of the Hebrews it was primarily to distinguish them from other groups.

Hollywood has turned some of the greatest myths of history into caricatures of the originals.

The myth most often debated is Creation. David Montgomery wrote a book entitled THE ROCKS DON'T LIE. While it undermines biblical silliness in terms of creationism, Geology Professor Montgomery (University of Washington) heard a remarkable flood story in rural Tibet that sounded much like the story of Noah in the Bible. The book is a respectful look at the "spirituality" behind such a widespread myth.

Try it jeff, you may move from ignorance into an understanding of how myths work positively in society. In other words, you can take a step off the bottom rung of the ladder. You want to have respect for your posts.
Study to show yourself approved unto God---and you can do that by reading outside the mythical book in addition to inside it. Until you do you understand neither how myths work positively, nor how you are duped when thinking the are meant to be objective---they weren't.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:52 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,309,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You are the latest uneducated bigot to hit the Christian CD thread. One of the biggest deciding factors for the Supreme Court was what they learned about and from the children of same sex couples.

From the politics page of the June 15, 2015 Washington Post:

When she was a child, Jenny Rain couldn’t help but wonder whether there was something wrong with her family. There were the jokes on late-night television. The sermons in church. The time those boys hurled slurs on the Virginia Beach boardwalk, her two dads strolling obliviously as she boiled inside.

As she grew older, it dawned on her that it would be up to people like her — the children of same-sex couples trying to forge families in a skeptical world — to show the United States just how normal her upbringing was. But she had no idea that her own situation would be part of the evidence considered by federal judges in their ruling on same-sex marriage.
---------
So, despite your undocumented and unsubstantiated charge about differences in the development of children raised in gay families it apparently didn't appear before the Supreme Court last year like the above did. The biggest problem faced by children in gay families has been ostracism by children from families like yours. That's why many of them are afraid to talk about their parents---because they know you and your ilk have contaminated the minds of their schoolmates with your bigotry.

You haven't read much on the animal sexuality either. Wikipedia reports:

"Bonobos, which have a matriarchal society, unusual among apes, are a fully bisexual species—both males and females engage in heterosexual and homosexual behavior, being noted for female–female homosexuality in particular. Roughly 60% of all bonobo sexual activity occurs between two or more females."

In other words the females are MORE likely to display homosexual behavior. Two male penguins in the San Diego zoo were famous for their longtime association with one another. One impregnated a female and after an egg was laid the two males ran the female off and incubated the egg.

I'm simply amazed at the level of ignorance among people--or maybe I should not say "people" but fundamentalists posing as people in order that their cult be accepted as community.

Until recently the only children many homosexuals could adopt were the physically or mentally disabled because of the bigotry of people like you. They did so. Jeffbase40 stated they would be better off remaining in an orphanage. That's how ugly your fellow cultist is.

The fact remains that if you do not consider redheads to be anomalies of nature, neither are homosexuals who outnumber them. There has even been studies of twins where one grows up gay and the other straight. Same parents, same environment, same schooling but different sexual attraction.

Every gay child ever born came from a heterosexual relationship. Increasing numbers are being found in right wing extremist religious families who in know way would have "brought the child up to be gay."

Kathy Baldock wrote this blog in 2011. It can be found by searching CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS:

"I am one of you; I am a parent. I have two adult children, Andrew, 25 and Sami, 24. This is a picture of us on Mother’s Day. You and I well understand the depth of love a parent has for a child; it is unmatched in any other relationship. We parents all quote from the same “handbook” saying that we would give our lives for these, our offspring. Nothing holds more value than our children.

Some of you have been given children that are not quite what you pictured on the day they were born. You are a parent to a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) child. Some of you have accepted your children and take no issue with their orientation. For some of you, however, things are not going very well. There’s distance, frustration, anger, shame and even fear.

You are the ones I am addressing.

First, the disclaimers: no, I am not L, G, B, or T; I am straight, and always have been. Both of my children are straight. I am a devout Jesus-follower, no weird beliefs, got the marked-up, written-all-over Bible, was saved twenty seven years ago, have gone to the same church for over twenty years, attend weekly Bible studies and live what would be considered an admirable “Christian lifestyle”. You might even like me; I am pretty normal.

Ten years ago, I was firmly planted in the can’t-be-gay-and-Christian camp. I had the answers, kept the rules, and could go toe-to-toe with most people on any verse. And then, events in my life knocked me off that know-it-all pedestal. Concurrently, God, the Great Orchestrator, placed Netto, an agnostic lesbian, on my hiking trail. Not many people used that trail regularly and we began hiking together.

It took an additional five years for God to crack my deposit box of assuredness open so I could even consider that I might possibly be wrong about sexual orientation as it relates to Christianity. All to say, I understand the arguments and opposition when dialoguing about faith and sexual orientation/gender identity. Believe me, I have held most of those opposing views as my own.

For more than five years now, I have been advocating for understanding, acceptance and inclusion of LGBTChristians within the church. I am vocal, I am visible and your kids find me: on Facebook, YouTube, The Gay Christian Network and on my blog.

Several times each week, I receive communications from LGBT youth whose parents reject them at some level due to their sexual orientation. Your kids are coming to me because they are seeking a parent figure to listen to them, encourage, to love and accept them. During the single greatest struggle of their early life, many of these youth are at risk of having the three things every person needs–love , acceptance and security–withdrawn from them in varying degrees by their own parents; all because of their sexual orientation or gender identity."
------------
The true anomaly in this nation is a real Christian who has learned love and acceptance of others. The pretend Christians have become so numerous that God is now raising up atheists like TroutDude and Pleroo (I think now atheist after escaping the fundmantalist cult) to speak the message of Christ regarding His LGBTQ children.

I believe God has brought about every single homosexual or transgender person for an important reason---to divide out those claiming to be Christ followers as the goats crying "Lord, Lord" while practicing the same divisiveness of their Pharisee ancestors.

So the real anomaly is people that claim to be Christian while rejecting their own gay children. It is the equivalent in the animal world of parents who eat their own offspring. Those are odd, unnatural, and above all, not Christian.
Again, proving WORDS are far mightier than any sword or weapon that has been formed against us!

"See, it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work. And it is I who have created the destroyer to wreak havoc;
no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:17 AM

88,863 posts, read 85,308,002 times
Once again, beautifully written truth by Wardendresden. Thank you.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:48 AM

10,099 posts, read 5,766,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
And millions of people would disagree with you. You have ZERO evidence that it isn't a book of myths. Thanks for playing.
Atheism is a tiny minority, and there is plenty of evidence that validates the Bible. Thanks for playing.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:48 AM

3,302 posts, read 2,386,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Do you write for The Onion? Because with a little work, this could be hilarious.
Your comment exactly depicts the destruction of all morals and values. You are saying that anyone who feels that homosexuality is not normal is crazy. It was exactly the opposite up until 50 years ago when this disease crept in.

Btw, I am not some born again Christian. I am an everyday Catholic, whose religion believes what I just wrote. Sorry the normal world does not fit into your sick, demented life style. Good luck with that.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:50 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,897,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
If you want to discuss it I'll be more than happy to expose your ignorance and whip your arse on in the appropriate forum.
I guess he chickened out!!

Old 06-01-2016, 06:52 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,897,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Your comment exactly depicts the destruction of all morals and values. You are saying that anyone who feels that homosexuality is not normal is crazy. It was exactly the opposite up until 50 years ago when this disease crept in.
It's people that call homosexuality a 'disease' that are the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity