Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2016, 08:53 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Actually, yes--it's pass/fail. You are either perfect and righteous in God's eyes, or you're not. Your eternal destiny depends on it.
Revisiting this comment, you think that God has chosen to become blind to the fact that you are not perfect and righteous because you "believe in Jesus" - God is somehow fooling himself. You further think that God sees other people, who act no differently than you do (or actually are more "righteous"), as deserving of an eternal scourging with no reprieve. My vocabulary isn't big enough to express just how ridiculous, not to mention evil, that makes God sound.

Last edited by Pleroo; 06-05-2016 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 01:31 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Accept what? That you have no problem making up lies about people just because you can't stand their opinion? I tell ya what, if I see one more comment from you even remotely suggesting that I'm gay, you go on my block list. Enough is enough.
Promises, promises. Please put we who have gay loved ones on your block list. Do us a favor, please!

Old 06-05-2016, 02:04 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Nope. I don't see myself as being any better than anyone else. But perhaps you think you are better than me.

Read your Bible:

"And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell." Matthew 5:30

That's strong words against sin, from JESUS.
So you have participated in self-mutilation?

Old 06-05-2016, 05:09 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
The closest that Jesus came to 'hating' was through his verbal interactions with the Pharisees. Do you think Jesus would smile on your persistent verbal vilification of gay people if He were here, Jeff?

Would you admit to the possibility that YOU could be a Pharisee, Jeff?
Quote:
Nope. I don't see myself as being any better than anyone else. But perhaps you think you are better than me.
No, I don't think I'm any better - or worse - than anyone else, Jeff.

As for being a Pharisee ...I think most of us have the potential for displaying Pharisaical traits and probably do so from time too time. In the case of many Evangelical Christians, they believe their job is to defend God and legislate morality, even though their own lives may be far below par in this regard. And, "repentance" is basically a buzz word persistently used by modern-day Pharisees intended for people who sin really bad. Not for them.

Modern-day Pharisees don't appear to acknowledge that the Bible is gray on many issues. Modern-day Pharisees don’t deal in the world of gray. They must have everything black and white. In or out. Yes or no. Up or down. Homosexuals, for instance, are seen by modern-day Pharisees as being none other than 'deviant' heterosexuals whose sole purpose in life is to feign being gay simply to 'p-ss off' God. Everyone is heterosexual, no ifs, ands or buts. Their minds are closed to all else. Everything, including human sexuality, is either black or white to them.

And, before non-Christians can be considered “part of the group,” they must conform to a certain 'lifestyle' ...THAT of the modern-day Pharisee! Many of them love to put on a show when the lights are on. They want people to think they are righteous. That's pretty much the Pharisee trademark.

Quote:
Read your Bible:

"And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell." Matthew 5:30

See what I mean about the modern-day Pharisee? That text is not for them. They sin no more. They have attained perfection. They can now sit atop their lofty perches of piety and shoot off Bible texts such as the one above with the intention of making the REAL 'sinners' - you and me - squirm.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:12 PM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Promises, promises. Please put we who have gay loved ones on your block list. Do us a favor, please!
Typical mockery and snark from your side. I have yet to see a single pro-gay person on here come off as kind and friendly.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Typical mockery and snark from your side. I have yet to see a single pro-gay person on here come off as kind and friendly.
What you see is a reflection of yourself.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:15 PM

11,029 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
That may be true, Jeff. We are not here to be kind and friendly, we are here to fight for the rights of a group of people who find themselves under attack by a group of 'kind and loving' people who call themselves Christians!

Old 06-05-2016, 06:20 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That may be true, Jeff. We are not here to be kind and friendly, we are here to fight for the rights of a group of people who find themselves under attack by a group of 'kind and loving' people who call themselves Christians!
That's pretty much it. Well said.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:49 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Revisiting this comment, you think that God has chosen to become blind to the fact that you are not perfect and righteous because you "believe in Jesus" - God is somehow fooling himself. You further think that God sees other people, who act no differently than you do (or actually are more "righteous"), as deserving of an eternal scourging with no reprieve. My vocabulary isn't big enough to express just how ridiculous, not to mention evil, that makes God sound.
Amen, Pleroo. It is a matter of no small importance that they seem to be completely oblivious to the nonsense they believe about God. Sadly, they use the cover story of Christ's love to camouflage the atrocious beliefs they hold about God.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:13 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Maybe, but it does NOT say cut off your brother's hand!! You seem to completely miss the point that it is YOUR sins you should be concerned about and they ALL involve a lack of agape love toward anyone else for ANY reason. Sadly, you are sinning continuously by mistreating, discriminating against and otherwise hurting or harming Gays in the name of God. The fact that you THINK you are pleasing God does not make it any less sin and you will have to experience every last mite after you die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity