Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2016, 08:24 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That may be true, Jeff. We are not here to be kind and friendly, we are here to fight for the rights of a group of people who find themselves under attack by a group of 'kind and loving' people who call themselves Christians!
And what do you think you are going to gain by being nasty to me? You only confirm my conceptions about your side being intolerant and arrogant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 08:41 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero
And yet, Jesus himself said nothing negative about homosexuality, and seems to have blessed what would have been his era's gay people in his teachings.

Why do you harp so much on a presumed sin, that not even Jesus spent any time on? It's the least mentioned "sin" in the entire Bible, yet it's all you people talk about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
He did say marriage was between, get this, a MAN and a WOMAN. Nothing about SSM.
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff ...why do you persist in taking a passage of scripture that is CLEARLY instructing against divorce and making it into an anti-gay message?

That's just deception.

Tell me, do you ever use that piece of scripture for which it was intended, i.e. the divorced and the remarried folks in your church?

Quote:
Jesus never said anything positive about homosexuality either.
That's right. In other words ...Jesus didn't say ANYTHING about homosexuality! He didn't say anything about same gender sex at all. And, maybe - just maybe - that's because no such idol worship was going on in Jesus' area at the time. What do you think . . .?

Old 06-05-2016, 08:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

Tell me, do you ever use that piece of scripture for which it was intended, i.e. the divorced and the remarried folks in your church?
Highly doubtful.

I'd like to know if the divorced and remarried were invited to the "date night" held by Jeff's church. Were they welcomed and served snacks......or were they turned away at the door, or excluded..as a same-sex couple would be in Jeff's church.,

Old 06-05-2016, 08:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
And what do you think you are going to gain by being nasty to me? You only confirm my conceptions about your side being intolerant and arrogant.
That's you in the mirror again.

But you're too cowardly to open your eyes.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Highly doubtful.

I'd like to know if the divorced and remarried were invited to the "date night" held by Jeff's church. Were they welcomed and served snacks......or were they turned away at the door, or excluded..as a same-sex couple would be in Jeff's church.,
Why wouldn't divorced or remarried couples be welcome?

Same sex couples - openly and defiantly living in rebellion against God and His Word

Divorce and Remarried - perfectly allowed in some circumstances like infidelity or previous spouse dying. In other cases, God can forgive them and renew their spirit in the new marriage. Not an ongoing sin.

Sad that you have to take something like "date night" and turn it into something vile and ugly.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That's you in the mirror again.

But you're too cowardly to open your eyes.
I don't call people out by name and run them down. You do it right here by calling me a coward. You do that daily here. Look in your own mirror. Every post you make is WORTHLESS mockery vomit.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:31 AM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn
Highly doubtful.

I'd like to know if the divorced and remarried were invited to the "date night" held by Jeff's church. Were they welcomed and served snacks......or were they turned away at the door, or excluded..as a same-sex couple would be in Jeff's church.
Quote:
Why wouldn't divorced or remarried couples be welcome?
Because the Bible (where you claim to get your instruction) permits remarriage only in the case of death of a spouse. Such people would be in defiance of the word of God. As with the same-sex couple, you would not welcome a divorced/remarried couple to the date night because you would use the very same Bible principle. Not unless you're displaying glaring double standards, that is . . .

I'll continue below . . .

Quote:
Same sex couples - openly and defiantly living in rebellion against God and His Word
Unlike the veto on remarriage (scriptural) the above is a totally man-made concept. The Bible does not address same sex couples unless performing 'lewd' acts in a temple to appease an idol. There are no scriptures that remotely claim that same-sex couples are living in rebellion against God and His word. As said, it's man-made rhetoric.

Quote:
Divorce and Remarried - perfectly allowed in some circumstances like infidelity or previous spouse dying.
Here is what the Bible says about divorce and remarriage:
Divorce in the case of infidelity (assuming proven) ...yes.
No fault divorce as is the case with most divorces nowadays ...no.
Remarriage in the case of death of a spouse ...yes.
Remarriage while the former spouse is still living ...no.
What of the estranged couple? They must remain celibate ...either until one or the other dies or if they should otherwise decide to reconcile.

Quote:
In other cases, God can forgive them and renew their spirit in the new marriage. Not an ongoing sin.
Remarriage is NOT permitted (scripture) in ANY circumstance OTHER THAN in the case of the death of a spouse which therefore frees up the remaining partner to remarry. There are no 'victims' of adultery in this case. There are, however, 'victims' of adultery (scripture) when his/her previous spouse marries someone else.

Jeff's 'God can forgive and renew their spirit in the new marriage' is completely unscriptural. You see, there are SO MANY divorces and remarriages within the Christian Church that they had to come up with something to cover their butts. The Christian Church would empty rapidly if the rules of the Bible were enforced as rigidly with regard to divorce/remarriage as it is with homosexuality and gay marriage!

And so, 'God can forgive them and renew their spirit in the new marriage'! So saccharine sweet! On the OTHER hand, however, gay marriage and homosexuality can NEVER be accepted by the Church since these things are in violation of the scriptures!!

Quote:
Sad that you have to take something like "date night" and turn it into something vile and ugly.
Oh yes, Jeff ...that was so vile and ugly of DewdropInn to have done that.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:17 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to be nasty to you (or anyone else). In fact, I try not to be nasty, intolerant or arrogant. But we have victims to fight for.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:55 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Nope. I don't see myself as being any better than anyone else. But perhaps you think you are better than me.

Read your Bible:

"And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell." Matthew 5:30

That's strong words against sin, from JESUS.
Just out of curiosity, how many body parts have you cut off and thrown away? Did you need medical help after you did that, or was it all OK since it was Biblical?

Old 06-06-2016, 05:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Nope. I don't see myself as being any better than anyone else. But perhaps you think you are better than me.

Read your Bible:

"And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell." Matthew 5:30

That's strong words against sin, from JESUS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many body parts have you cut off and thrown away? Did you need medical help after you did that, or was it all OK since it was Biblical?
Jeffy does not have to self-mutilate--GOD MADE HIM PERFECT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity