Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 02:54 PM

23,268 posts, read 10,552,600 times

Advertisements

Adam
Noah
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah
Jesus

One of the heads of the beast appeared to be fatally wounded. But the mortal wound was healed, and the whole world was astonished and followed the beast.

When Jesus came and stepped on the head of the serpent, he crushed his head and gave him a fatal head wound but that fatal wound has been healed

Who is the 8th?

The 8th comes with a 7 year covenant where in the middle of that 7 years, you look in the mirror and see him{The abomination} and you are astonished because all this time you thought it was God and thus is the reason to go all the way to death and to be appointed a new head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 03:38 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,960,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Oh, speaking of confidence.
2 Tim 3
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

And his Son is the Life and Way in every breath.
Please note that scripture is USEFUL, not authority. We have always maintained that scripture is a useful tool for the Spirit, but must ALWAYS be tested against the fruit of the Spirit for applicability.

Those "scriptures" posit the Spirit as our guide or authority, why do you look to another?

Old 06-14-2016, 03:50 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,828,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Please note that scripture is USEFUL, not authority. We have always maintained that scripture is a useful tool for the Spirit, but must ALWAYS be tested against the fruit of the Spirit for applicability.

Those "scriptures" posit the Spirit as our guide or authority, why do you look to another?
Tool? No

Have you ever been asked to live?

Then Jesus said to his disciples, [I]"Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.[/i]

How are you going to see the Kingdom if you do not know the fields with pearls.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:

That is backwards. If somebody thinks they have a word or lesson that they think the spirit lead them to, then let it be stacked up against the law and the prophet because the word is the authority.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Tool? No

Have you ever been asked to live?

Then Jesus said to his disciples, [I]"Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.[/i]

How are you going to see the Kingdom if you do not know the fields with pearls.
If you think the book is the field with pearls, you are sadly mistaken. If not "tool," then what?

Hannibal, why would your "authority" say that the Spirit is to be our guide?

Old 06-14-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
If you think the book is the field with pearls, you are sadly mistaken. If not "tool," then what?

Hannibal, why would your "authority" say that the Spirit is to be our guide?

What spirit?

We have to test THE SPIRITS, and this test is simple because whatever thing is true, it is not new and it all comes from the law and the prophets, and just as it is said,'' There will always be a few Pine Siskins amongst the sparrows.''

Those disciples of Jesus thought they were in the spirit and they truly were in the spirit when they declared,'' Lord, shall we call fire down on the heads of these people?''

Jesus turned to them and informed them of just what spirit they were of, and these were anointed disciples. The problem with God giving the Two witnesses power is that the flesh receives it in the water and it is a vain spirit, a judging spirit that would kill everybody and while it seems so right, it is so wrong.

If it does not stand with the law and the prophets, it will not stand and when I speak of the law, I am not just speaking of the laws of Moses but of the hidden laws behind every law of Moses. There is a hidden law of Christ and the only way to know them is to know the law and the you can figure out the spirit of the law.

People claim that Jesus brought a new law and he did, turns out that it is even harder than the first law because where I maybe seen as innocent because I haven't had sex in 15 years, I am still guilty of breaking the laws of sexual immorality through the law of Christ that says ,'' If a man is angry with his brother he is a murderer, if a man even lusts after a woman, he is an adultery.''

If we have no foundation, we have no foundation and there are a million people who will tell you,'' GOD TOLD ME, GOD HAS SHOWN ME.''

If this were true, then two people claiming the spirit taught them both would not contradict each other and you could get a thousand people in here claiming that the spirit had done went and taught them something but everyone could contradict the other and with no foundation, we are just making things up with our own imagination.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-14-2016 at 05:39 PM..

Old 06-14-2016, 05:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,067,767 times
In the beginning our walk with Him, the Word reveals the Spirit, as we mature, the Spirit reveals the Word. They both reveal each other, just as the Father and the Son reveal each other.

Add to that, that the letter is as the water, and without that foundation, the Spirit will not come and walk on the water/perform the letter. Peace

Old 06-14-2016, 05:46 PM

"what spirit?" The one that your authority says Jesus promised. You don't trust that promise as recorded in your authority?

Your argument is just the same as all others who really don't trust what Jesus promised, "how do you know which spirit?" What is so hard that we can't do the same thing Jesus did in your example; showing that the wrong spirit violates the nature of the Spirit as Jesus taught it?

You say to check by the Law and the prophets, but the varied interpretations of what they mean leaves you EXACTLY in the same quandry your question about "what spirit" does.....but without an answer.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
"what spirit?" The one that your authority says Jesus promised. You don't trust that promise as recorded in your authority?

Your argument is just the same as all others who really don't trust what Jesus promised, "how do you know which spirit?" What is so hard that we can't do the same thing Jesus did in your example; showing that the wrong spirit violates the nature of the Spirit as Jesus taught it?

You say to check by the Law and the prophets, but the varied interpretations of what they mean leaves you EXACTLY in the same quandry your question about "what spirit" does.....but without an answer.
You would quote a bunch of scriptures that was spoken to converts of Judaism who receive the promised rain of the spring where they began laying on hands and healing people and there was no doubt, no maybe, no pleading because the Holy spirit filled every request they had.

Then Gentiles broke the covenant and converted to their former pagan ways where they went about killing anyone who even kept Pentecost. Everyone who had obtained the gifts of the spirit were killed off when there were laws against keeping the feasts of Christ and Pentecost is one of the feasts. The promise of Pentecost was shared from hand to hand, people didn't just believe and suddenly the spirit came on them.

This spirit was prophesied to come onto man and it did come, but it was also promised to go away when the religion of the first disciples was outlawed, and now the only people keeping Pentecost was the Jews who didn't believe in Jesus.

Why would somebody think that God would give so much power to a person who shuns the very feast they are claiming to be partakers of?

But there is no debate about this thing because not one person in this world has the spirit of Pentecost.

If one person had the gifts of the Holy spirit, we would all know that person's name, but we are living in a greater time than when the first rain fell and people were raised from the dead.

We live in a time, Nate, a time where everyone who has ever lived wanted to live in our time. We are living in a day that we are anticipating a double portion of spirit to fall on mankind and imagine that Nate, those first disciples could clear out a children's cancer unit, but imagine what YOU are offered if you are living in the days of the second promise.

The problem with the second promised rain is that while the first was shared hand to hand, the second will not be shared at all, and that is a terrible thing.

Why not pray for the rain and expect it to fall on you this year at the feast of Tabernacles just exactly how the first disciples prayed and prepared for the first promise. Jesus only wants us to watch as good servant, just to watch his comings and goings and to pray for what is promised to each of us who love God.

Forget about what the first disciples had, and it is gone, if anyone makes a claim to have the spirit of Pentecost today, they wont be able to show themselves any better than anyone else in any other religion.

It is a claim, and to study the feasts is to find your own promises that you wait and pray for. Just as Jesus came and warned those first disciples, he also promises to come and warn those who watch when the second rain will fall.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:29 PM

Gosh, my Bible says Jesus promised the comforter to be with us forever. Is your authority contradicting itself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity