Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 04:01 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are using the WRONG standard of truth, brother. It should NOT be what some church has traditionally interpreted it to mean. It should be what Christ would interpret it to mean using His revealed "mind of Christ" of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross. Your refusal to do that is lazy and is placing your trust and faith in men, NOT Jesus and His Holy Spirit!!!
You are a man; and I am certainly not going to place my faith and trust in you to interpret the holy scriptures for me.

Because it is clear to me that you reject what is sound doctrine in the holy scriptures for your preconceived notions about who the Lord truly is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 04:32 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
You are a man; and I am certainly not going to place my faith and trust in you to interpret the holy scriptures for me.

Because it is clear to me that you reject what is sound doctrine in the holy scriptures for your preconceived notions about who the Lord truly is.
You keep repeating this lie about my preconceived notions. Did you forget I did not HAVE any notions about God whatsoever as an atheist? I gave God no thought whatsoever, let alone any preconceived notions. My encounter completely transformed my life and left me in a quandary that resulted in decades of study and searches to explain it to my intellect.

I discovered the descriptions of the God I encountered in the descriptions of Jesus Christ and in His actions on the Cross in response to a horrendous scourging and crucifixion. It is THAT conception of JESUS CHRIST that I use to interpret scripture the way HE would have if HE didn't need to be circumspect, use parables, and "carnal milk" to His carnal-minded primitive audience with their mistaken preconceived beliefs about God and His wrathful War God motives!!!

Old 06-16-2022, 04:36 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times
lets see ...

billions of people died and didn't come back. 3 people said their friend did.

He made us and loves us ...
he made us just the way we are ...
he is going to do what ...
if I don't believe?

To fair, I always say the belief in some thing more is far more reliable than the reverse. The atheist hate that. well, the fraidy cat, dangerous, atheist anyway.

But its not the bible god to me.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
You keep repeating this lie about my preconceived notions. Did you forget I did not HAVE any notions about God whatsoever as an atheist? I gave God no thought whatsoever, let alone any preconceived notions. My encounter completely transformed my life and left me in a quandary that resulted in decades of study and searches to explain it to my intellect.

I discovered the descriptions of the God I encountered in the descriptions of Jesus Christ and in His actions on the Cross in response to a horrendous scourging and crucifixion. It is THAT conception of JESUS CHRIST that I use to interpret scripture the way HE would have if HE didn't need to be circumspect, use parables, and "carnal milk" to His carnal-minded primitive audience with their mistaken preconceived beliefs about God and His wrathful War God motives!!!
You had an encounter with a demon posing as God.

How do I know this?

Because you describe the god that you encountered as non-judgmental.

And the God of the Bible is a God of judgment and justice.

So, either the Bible isn't true or else the god that you encountered was not truly God.

As a Bible-believing Christian I will hold to the latter.

Old 06-16-2022, 08:16 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
How do I know this?
So, either the Bible isn't true, or else the god that you encountered was not truly God.
As a Bible-believing Christian, I will hold to the latter.
I describe the God I encountered as EXACTLY like Jesus Christ, brother. That is why I adopted Christianity. Who did Jesus ACTUALLY judge?? What justice did He demand for the injustice we perpetrated on HIM??? YOU are the one following a demon who told you the Bible describes God better than Jesus Christ Himself!!

The Bible describes the God our ancient ancestors believed in and they were wrong about Him. They rejected Jesus and the God He represented just as you do. In the first place, what demon told you a Christian is a Bible-believing person who believes the Bible over Jesus Christ's direct and personal revelation and non-judgmental demonstration of God's agape love and forgiveness????

Old 06-16-2022, 10:10 PM

553 posts, read 172,088 times
Quote:

How do I know this?

So, either the Bible isn't true or else the god that you encountered was not truly God.

As a Bible-believing Christian I will hold to the latter.

Julian of Norwich. First woman known to have authored a book in the English language.

As I read her “revelations,” I came to know this woman, speaking to me of her experience of Christ on the cross, both suffering and transformed into glory. Her whole understanding of Christ's unconditional love, of the total lack of blame, of the total lack of wrath or anger that she felt coming from Christ on the cross, it was all about embracing and enfolding and cherishing us. And wow, that packed a wallop, and it still does. ~Veronica Mary Rolf

Endorsed by the Roman Catholic Church in the 1992 Catechism on paragraph 313. By Pope Benedict in 2010. By Pope Francis 2016.

Old 06-17-2022, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I describe the God I encountered as EXACTLY like Jesus Christ, brother. That is why I adopted Christianity. Who did Jesus ACTUALLY judge?? What justice did He demand for the injustice we perpetrated on HIM??? YOU are the one following a demon who told you the Bible describes God better than Jesus Christ Himself!!

The Bible describes the God our ancient ancestors believed in and they were wrong about Him. They rejected Jesus and the God He represented just as you do. In the first place, what demon told you a Christian is a Bible-believing person who believes the Bible over Jesus Christ's direct and personal revelation and non-judgmental demonstration of God's agape love and forgiveness????
It is not whom Jesus judged but it is whom He will judge.

He has been appointed to be the judge of all the earth (John 5:22, Acts 17:31).

Also, He judged the scribes and Pharisees to be hypocrites in Matthew 23.

Quote:
what demon told you a Christian is a Bible-believing person who believes the Bible
No demon told me that but I would venture to say that it was the Holy Ghost who gave to me that knowledge.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:12 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
The topic of this thread is: "How Did You Become An Atheist?" "I Read The Bible."
Recent posts don't seem to be anywhere close to the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity