Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 05:48 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is so much wrong with post i wouldn't know where to begin. It's basically a post about beliefs, as if beliefs vindicate you possess what you assume is truth.

On another note..... Birdy,what are you smoking ?.
at least i'm not drunk on the wine anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 07:17 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Are you aware of the inner guide in you ?. The inner guide that is our shepherd.
Do you know that atheists can hear that voice as well? It's like this for me. I picked a video with bible verses in it just to Christian it up a bit.

Understand the voice within and feel a change already begin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FhaMXpfFOE

Old 10-31-2016, 07:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Do you know that atheists can hear that voice as well? It's like this for me. I picked a video with bible verses in it just to Christian it up a bit.

Understand the voice within and feel a change already begin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FhaMXpfFOE
Yes, they just don't call it God.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:05 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,004 times
Quote:
Yes, they just don't call it God.
yes, but it is the same place Moses talked to God from, as Priest in the Church, burning bushes nonetheless

Old 11-01-2016, 03:39 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
nice verse; nothing to do with the Bible tho. could you just post the verse next time? no auto link here, ty.

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
If it's in The Bible, why does it not have anything to do with the Bible?

Old 11-01-2016, 03:42 AM

Quote:
what?

oops. When I start getting my theology from hippies, I will go them instead of to God.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
i am guessing almost none of what we know right now has much of anything to do with truth, O,
Speak for yourself. If God inspired all Scripture, all is the truth.

Quote:
and i am like pretty much right where you are, not much different where it matters. maybe just a tiny bit; and i could be flattering myself.
If you don't accept 2 Tim 3:16 as the truth, we are not even close to each other.

Quote:
the Word is the Truth, and the Bible is not the Word, O; or then show me where the Bible says that, and that is what the link is for.
First, no fundamentalist is going to say the Bible is the Word. The Bible says Jesus is the word. IMO, since "word" is singular, it make the whole Bible His word, which IMO, makes it as true and as reliable as He is.

IMO that is all I need to confirm that 2 Tim 3:16 is true. How ever I will you some bones to chew on over you morning coffee and you won't need a link. In all of these verses, keep in mind dthat the word is as described in Jn 1:1

I Pet 2:25 - But the word of the Lord endures forever and this is the word which was preached to you.

What is not true does not endure forever.

Ps 119:160 - The sum of Your is truth, and every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting.

IMO this points to Jesus, the Word being the way, the truth and the life. What is not true cannot result in life.

Jn 8:32 - and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

If we accept that obedience to the law is necessary for salvation and that our salvation is not secure forever, we are in bondage to the law. I Jn 5:13 says we can know we have eternal life. Obedience as the means of salvation, makes that verse untrue. Rom 6:14 says we are now under grace, not the law, which validates Eph 2:8 and Titus 3:5.

Ps 57:3b - God will sent forth His lovingkindness and His truth.

If what He sends forth is not the truth, it is not lovingkindness.

Isa 65:16 - Because he who is blessed in the earth will be blessed by the the God of truth.

If what God says is not the truth, it will not bless

Ps 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to me feet and a light to my path.

What is not true can't be a way to walk

There are many more but if these don't convince you all of God's word is inspired by Him, they wont either.

Quote:
Save you some time, go to Deut 30 10, or like 8-12, bc that is your best shot, and the arg is in the link. give it your very best shot ok, because it is you that needs it, not anybody else. don't even read my arg, or go to Deut 30 yet, go your own way, make your own. let's hear it.
I don't need to know 2 Tim 3:16 is true, I accept that tt is, as all good fundamentalist do. is those who reject that verse who need to see the truth. I have never understood anyone claiming to be a Christian and not believe that verse is not 100% true.

Deut 30:10 - You need to start with the truth of where God looks for our obedience---not on the outward appearance but at the heart. I Sam 16:7.

Where do we treasure God's word do we will not sin against Him---in our heart(Ps 119:11)
Rom 7:22 - I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man(where the heart is).
Rom 7:25b ...with my mind I am serving the law of God---I am confessing that God's laws are true.

Walking in God's way not justify anyone(Gal 2:16). In fact if 2 Tim 3:16 is not true, you don't know if anything in the Bible is true.

One final bone to chew on---No one can keep God's laws good enough to become righteous. If salvation depends on complete or even partial obedience to the law, no one will go to heaven and Rev says there will be more in heaven than we can count---Rev 7:9

Old 11-01-2016, 04:56 AM

Quote:
ya, the new Strong's is especially hideous, i hear
A book that shows where ever word in the Bible is, cannot be hideous.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Did i quote it right ?.
No.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
I would rather be publican or tax collector.
That is because you have no idea what a fundamentalist is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity