Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2016, 05:02 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So the Spirit of God gives us a bible and says "be a good lad and learn this book and you will know me"?.
You finally got something right.

How can we learn about God outside what the Bible teaches us? Surely you are not suggesting that sinful, errand men can teach us are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Are you ever inspired ?.
I am inspired to study God's inspired word to learn more about Him. When I teach, I hope what I say is inspired by the the truth the Holy Spirit has guided me into, but that is not always the case,

Old 11-01-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
There is no Truth in the Bible.
The Word is Truth.
Any doctrine you can point to in Scripture, i can point to another one.
Absolute truth is a chimera,
2+2 = 4.

Gods is love.

We are saved by grace not works.

Jesus rose from the dead.

Quote:
ma de ofy oursel f con science-
-yo urego, yo uridol--
and Apparent Truth, which is a prod
uct ofy oursel f con science.
Gobbled ****

Old 11-01-2016, 05:16 AM

Quote:
yes, and you can be saved and still die in the wilderness, looking at a snake on a pole, yes.
Those who died in he wilderness died because they did not believe what God said. Those that looked at the snake in faith, did not die from the venom Satan teaches, such as the Bible is not God's inspire word.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
How can something God inspired not be inerrant and infallible? I am not talking ab ouotd the jots and tittles of the law, but every jot and tittle in the whole Bible.

ha you're doing it too now, cool.
when it is...what was the word,
miss o met hing? ta ken
Miss ta ken.
Answer the quesion.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:23 AM

Quote:
The can't be performed anymore because their is no temple, no tabernacle and no priest.

au contraire
Brilliant response when you can't refute what i said. I am sure it convinced everyone that you actaually know waht you are talking about.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
The verse tells us what is inspired---ALL SCRIPTURE, and it tells us who did it---GOD. That isn't rocky surgery. God is the only source of spiritual truth and that is the only thing the Holy Spirit will guide us into(no in).

oh, nobody said that the Scriptures were not inspired; they contain the distilled-
-as in firewater, pure grain alcohol--
Wisdom of Man,
and it doesn't matter if Bob wrote It.
yawn

Old 11-01-2016, 05:28 AM

Quote:
we shall see
the one that got lifted up, "like a serpent on a pole," yes
and a baby must burn himself to know what burn means, and you have to
learn the wrong way before you can learn the right way. correct
Actually we don't have to teach kids the wrong way, thee learn it automatically. We have to teach them to share their toys.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
There is so much wrong with post i wouldn't know where to begin. It's basically a post about beliefs, as if beliefs vindicate you possess what you assume is truth.

IOW you can't refute anything I said. You would if you could but you can't. I know it and if you don't show where I am wrong, everyone else will know it also.

On another note..... Birdy,what are you smoking ?.
Another childish remark trying to avoid proving what you said. For sure it is not what you are smoking.

Another perfect example of your version of agape love.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Actually we don't have to teach kids the wrong way, thee learn it automatically. We have to teach them to share their toys.

How long have you been a child psychologist?

My children were not "born" thieves, murders, or liars---people learn these from either observing others or because they have an unfulfilled need--typically caused by POOR upbringing...

Perhaps you children were possessive and hoarders...my children had no problem sharing.

Perhaps is is just children of evangelicals that are "raised" with a self-centered " point of view??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity