Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2017, 09:54 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
All of these women were converts to Judaism...You obviously know very little about Judaism...It is in the Torah regarding Jewishness coming through the mother and tribal affiliation coming through the father, so it has nothing to do with the traditions of men...
Conversion does not make anyone a Jew by nature or descent. Genealogy is different than theology. Please show where in the Torah (the first 5 books) it says being a Jew comes through the mother?

Ain't there.[/quote]

Yes, it is there...You just haven't looked hard enough...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
It is Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (who had a twin Esau), simply because God chose that bloodline. Ruth was a Moabite, and never a Jew, although she accepted the God of the Jews, because the Jewish bloodline is thru the Jewish male. Her children were indeed Jews, because her husband Boaz was a Jew. During the captivity of Israel and Judah by the Assyrians and Babylonians there were I'm sure, many offspring between them and Jewish women, and by your reasoning they are all Jews.
Not my reasoning but the Sages...

Old 04-28-2017, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
and none of the ones the jews wanted to be messiah's met even one..but they still wanted them to be their messiah ..
Simon Bar Kochba...

Old 04-28-2017, 11:51 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Not my reasoning but the Sages...
Then the 'sages' would agree that there are hundreds of thousands of Middle Eastern Muslims that are actually Jews, which I think would surprise them as much as anyone. Also, the 'sages' would have considered the Samaritans to have been Jews as well, though they who were despised by Jewish leaders of the time because of their mixed bloodlines (after the Assyrian conquest).

John 4: 5 So He came to a city of Samaria which is called Sychar, near the plot of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. 6 Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour.

7 A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.†8 For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.

9 Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?†For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.

10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.â€

11 The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? 12 Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?â€

13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.â€

15 The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.â€

16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.â€

17 The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.â€

Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’ 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.â€

19 The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.â€

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.â€

25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming†(who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.â€

26 Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.â€.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:14 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Then the 'sages' would agree that there are hundreds of thousands of Middle Eastern Muslims that are actually Jews, which I think would surprise them as much as anyone. Also, the 'sages' would have considered the Samaritans to have been Jews as well, though they who were despised by Jewish leaders of the time because of their mixed bloodlines (after the Assyrian conquest).

The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? 12 Are You greater than our father Jacob,

The King of Assyria took the ten tribes out and then he brought the sons of Ishmael and Esau to live beside the Jews just as it had always been. God has his people and he has continuously put Gentiles next to his people to become one but they never do.

That Samaritan woman was making a false claim when she said that her father was Jacob.

When those gentiles were brought and placed in the houses of the ten tribes, they said that the God of the land was persecuting them because they didn't know his ways.

700 years before Jesus came, one priest was brought back from the ten lost tribes to teach THE NEW HOUSE OF ISRAEL how to worship as the ten tribes had worshipped. Unfortunately, God ended the kingdom of Ephraim because they separated from Judah and the ways of Jerusalem.
For 700 years they just claimed to be Israel when it was a benefit to them, but if a ruler came that didn't like Jews, they said that the king of Assyria had planted them there, and they had nothing to do with Jews. They proved themselves to be liars century after century, and they were always telling the lie when it was of benefit to them.

5 times, God had put Gentiles next to his people to become one, the 6th time was Judah. This is why Jesus tells her, '' You have had 5 husbands but the one you live with now is not your husband.''

Adam
Noah
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob

Judah ~ The one the Samaritans were living with but not married to.

This is why Jesus came offering a promised betrothal to Galilee of the nations in the land of Zebulun and Isaachar, in the land of Joseph and his ten tribes, the kingdom of Ephraim called the house of Israel.''Samaria''

The friend of the bridegroom went out to prepare those Samaritans for a betrothal to a Jew that they might get married and become one. So they did, Gentiles took the betrothal, but 100 years later, they separated, 100 years after Jesus.

Then the gentiles turned and separated as they always do, they separated from the Jew they got betrothed too, and now the Jews stand alone again, and another husband has come to those gentiles who separated from Jews and God's worship system once again, and he aint a Jew.

Personally, Blood has absolutely no meaning to me. I don't believe anyone's blood is different.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:34 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yes, it is there...You just haven't looked hard enough...
In other words it isn't there and you know it, so you can't post it.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Where do you get this information from?...

Old 04-29-2017, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Oh, I can post it...I just want you to do the work...

Old 04-29-2017, 11:25 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:

Isaiah 56

Salvation for All Nations

1Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
4For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
5Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
8The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Even the gentiles can become heirs in Israel with a promise to share in the inheritance of Israel and even to be gathered to the mountains of Israel to become one with God's people.

The conclusion of all the prophets is that the entire earth become one religion with a common worship system where Egyptians and Assyrians alike, will keep the same feasts that Israel keep BECAUSE they go through the same history as leaving Egypt and becoming one with the people of God like the mixed multitude who came through the waters with Israel, those same gentiles became one with Israel and their offspring , Jews

Old 04-30-2017, 08:30 AM

Devarim - Deuteronomy - Chapter 7

3 You shall not intermarry with them; you shall not give your daughter to his son, and you shall not take his daughter for your son.

4 For he will turn away your son from following Me, and they will worship the gods of others, and the wrath of the Lord will be kindled against you, and He will quickly destroy you.

Rashi's Commentary:

For he will turn away your son from following Me: i.e., the heathen’s son, if he marries your daughter, will turn away your [grand]son whom your daughter will bear to him, from following Me. This teaches us that your daughter’s son, born of a heathen man, is called “your son,” but your son’s son, born of a heathen woman, is not called “your son,” but “her son.” For Scripture [first says, “Do not give your daughter to his son, and do not take his daughter for your son.” Then it follows with “For he will turn away your son….” However], referring to “do not take his daughter,” it does not say“For she will turn away your son…” [because he is considered her son, not yours (Kid. 68b).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity