Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 03:32 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times

Advertisements

Well, it does not seem much of a sacrifice if you are allowed to eat the meat.
Killing is killing, innocence is innocence.
This is not loving, does not express love, does not show love to kill a sweet animal.
The Holy Father that I know personally
cares about one thing, our love for Him.

Now, if there is some kind of reasoning someone can come up with...I still would not accept it.
I think it is some c*ckamamey, savage, primitive, ignorant mind-set
as much as throwing virgins in volcanos to get them to stop erupting...thus, appeasing
the Volcano Gods.
Can't people see that? No loving God that is Love Itself would require such a thing.

Here, in anticipation of some Bible quotes:

Samuel said, "Has the LORD as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams. - 1Samuel 15:22

For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
-Ps 51:16

Sacrifice and meal offering You have not desired; My ears You have opened;
Burnt offering and sin offering You have not required.
-Ps 40:6

"I do not reprove you for your sacrifices, And your burnt offerings are continually before Me.
-Ps 50:8

"For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them
out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices.
-Jer 7:22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 04:08 PM

23,179 posts, read 10,468,780 times
In the wild west, if you stole somebody's horse, you were hanged for horse stealing, and when you apply the law of Moses to this, an eye for an eye is meant to show that nobody should die if they killed somebody's animal. The law is made in the midst of laws that already existed in common sense, and the law is spiritual, and all the rabbis will tell you this, that God wasn't trying to say an eye for an eye, but that you shouldn't demand the life of a man for an animal, and the law puts things in perspective and it is still a spiritual law.

Matthew
29If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to depart into hell. 31It has also been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife

This is Jesus reading the law as it was meant to be read, and he knew and understand the spiritual meaning of the law.

Does anyone really think that Jesus is telling you to put your eye out or to chop off your hand, as he is speaking from the law?

NO, everyone knows that what is said here from the law is spiritual just as they know what Jesus is saying is spiritual and that everyone who reads the law is blind to it, and deaf to it because they only read the flesh of the law and not the spirit of mercy it is teaching.

1 Corinthians 9 ~ Is the law of oxen about oxen? NO.......The law is spiritual

8Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? 9For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. 11If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

All of this is spiritual.

Deuteronomy 25

4Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn.

Widowhood and Marriage

5If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her. 6And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel. 7And if the man like not to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say, My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother. 8Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her; 9Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot, and spit in his face, and shall answer and say, So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house. 10And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.
11When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: 12Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her.

If Jesus tells you to cut your hand off, what is he telling you concerning the law?

Jesus does not mean that you should literally cut your hand off and neither does the law mean to say this.

Jesus could read the law as it was meant to be read and everyone else is blind to it's meaning.

Does Jesus really want you to tear one of your eyes out and to cut one of your hands off?

Old 06-04-2017, 10:16 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
In the wild west, if you stole somebody's horse, you were hanged for horse stealing, and when you apply the law of Moses to this, an eye for an eye is meant to show that nobody should die if they killed somebody's animal. The law is made in the midst of laws that already existed in common sense, and the law is spiritual, and all the rabbis will tell you this, that God wasn't trying to say an eye for an eye, but that you shouldn't demand the life of a man for an animal, and the law puts things in perspective and it is still a spiritual law.
According to the Law:
If you were imprisoned in Oregon, when released.
You were given a horse - and a six shooter/revolver.

I wonder, if that applied to a horse thief?
Do you think the thief was forgiven.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:24 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,029,632 times
Hannibal, you of all people should know that 'an eye for an eye...' was borrowed from the Babylonian code of the Hamadeans, written a couple hundred years earlier, .I.e. hence why Bible refers to the lying pen of the scribes. ... And Jesus said you have heard it said, not it is written....? Of course, if you've changed your mind, and that it is perhaps called the law of Moses, because , it was in part dreamed up by Moses, then that's ok.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:35 AM

23,179 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Hannibal, you of all people should know that 'an eye for an eye...' was borrowed from the Babylonian code of the Hamadeans, written a couple hundred years earlier, .I.e. hence why Bible refers to the lying pen of the scribes. ... And Jesus said you have heard it said, not it is written....? Of course, if you've changed your mind, and that it is perhaps called the law of Moses, because , it was in part dreamed up by Moses, then that's ok.
That is what I said, it was made in the knowledge of existing laws. The point is that God has never meant it like people read it, like Ghandi quoting it saying an eye for an eye leaves the world blind, all the law does is show mercy, you can't get to an eye for an eye without first being taught that you have to forgive. An eye for an eye is justice, but the law teaches mercy from the very beginning in that you can't keep the law, and when you admit this to yourself, you have to forgive everyone else.

The law teaches you that if your child disrespects you, you should bring the child to the priest to be stoned, but you will never hear of a story where people did this. The law teaches mercy, and it makes you learn mercy because you have to give yourself a pass, and you have to give your children a pass, and if you are found guilty under the law, you can't take revenge on anyone else.

That is why Jesus said,'' He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone.''

Old 06-04-2017, 10:51 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,049,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I find it interesting that Abraham used a lamb as a substitute for his SON, not the other way around.

Nothing "interesting" about it in the way you are implying. The ram is the strong man, and by strong man I don't meant Satan, it is Christ the Spirit Seed Son of G-d. Abraham's son was FLESH, the flesh profits nothing, G-d's Son is Spirit, and it is HIS BLOOD that is required as the perfect sacrifice, as natural flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

G-d wanted to see if Abraham would lay down that which he loved the most. What truly loving parent wouldn't lay down their life for their child's? G-d knew this, but did Abraham love Him more than his child, was the question. This is the first veil being "rent", the veil of our flesh represented as the curtain between the outer court and the inner, the veil of our flesh.

Abraham laying down the flesh of his son, was the same as circumcising the flesh man off of the Spirit Seed Son which is Christ. But a second offering is needed, just as a second court was needed in the Tabernacle, representing the Mediator. G-d was IN Christ, reconciling all men unto Him; without the veil of HIS flesh being rent, no man will see the Father. This is the second veil being rent, the veil of HIS FLESH. Remember there is flesh terrestrial/one glory and flesh/celestial/another glory; well this is the culmination of how we are changed from glory TO glory.

Failure to study the pattern, refusal to see it as G-d's in the first place, only leads compounds error upon error. Peace

Old 06-04-2017, 11:42 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Nothing "interesting" about it in the way you are implying. The ram is the strong man, and by strong man I don't meant Satan, it is Christ the Spirit Seed Son of G-d. Abraham's son was FLESH, the flesh profits nothing, G-d's Son is Spirit, and it is HIS BLOOD that is required as the perfect sacrifice, as natural flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

G-d wanted to see if Abraham would lay down that which he loved the most. What truly loving parent wouldn't lay down their life for their child's? G-d knew this, but did Abraham love Him more than his child, was the question. This is the first veil being "rent", the veil of our flesh represented as the curtain between the outer court and the inner, the veil of our flesh.

Abraham laying down the flesh of his son, was the same as circumcising the flesh man off of the Spirit Seed Son which is Christ. But a second offering is needed, just as a second court was needed in the Tabernacle, representing the Mediator. G-d was IN Christ, reconciling all men unto Him; without the veil of HIS flesh being rent, no man will see the Father. This is the second veil being rent, the veil of HIS FLESH. Remember there is flesh terrestrial/one glory and flesh/celestial/another glory; well this is the culmination of how we are changed from glory TO glory.

Failure to study the pattern, refusal to see it as G-d's in the first place, only leads compounds error upon error. Peace
The only blood sacrifice I will make is that of laying down my own life, not that of another.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:56 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,811,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

Matthew
29If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to depart into hell. 31It has also been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife

This is Jesus reading the law as it was meant to be read, and he knew and understand the spiritual meaning of the law.

Does anyone really think that Jesus is telling you to put your eye out or to chop off your hand, as he is speaking from the law?

NO, everyone knows that what is said here from the law is spiritual just as they know what Jesus is saying is spiritual and that everyone who reads the law is blind to it, and deaf to it because they only read the flesh of the law and not the spirit of mercy it is teaching.

1 Corinthians 9 ~ Is the law of oxen about oxen? NO.......The law is spiritual

8Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? 9For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. 11If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

All of this is spiritual.

Deuteronomy 25

4Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn.

Widowhood and Marriage

5If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her. 6And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel. 7And if the man like not to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say, My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother. 8Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her; 9Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot, and spit in his face, and shall answer and say, So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house. 10And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.
11When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: 12Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her.

If Jesus tells you to cut your hand off, what is he telling you concerning the law?

Jesus does not mean that you should literally cut your hand off and neither does the law mean to say this.

Jesus could read the law as it was meant to be read and everyone else is blind to it's meaning.

Does Jesus really want you to tear one of your eyes out and to cut one of your hands off?

The Lord is Faithfull.
I once said the Torah is like a terrain.
Your Word is a lamp for my feet, a light to my path.
Christ humbling the proud and haughty.
Reminding the children to look neither left nor right while in the way. Charity.

Guard your heart.

Old 06-04-2017, 01:16 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,811,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Actually this is false.
Sorcerers lie about history.
The road was already made, the 7 nations were conquered and then the false prophets judged with bribes.
Acts 13.
Provisions in order

Old 06-04-2017, 04:26 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
A lot about blood being a sacrifice...I will NEVER believe my Father is a barbarian aka....savage. Sorry, nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity