Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 09:30 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,074,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Wrong,

After six days a man thinks himself a king.
Nope...You're wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 09:40 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,817,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Jonah was a Gentile and G-d employed five other Gentiles, a total of six Gentile Prophets...
If you like, there is a sign language to be shown.
First the finger, then inspection upon the hand.
Where is the thumb?

If it is covered by four fingers, this is good.

Yet if ten men were to look at each other, they are best known by the hand.

40s, over 16s

Old 06-23-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
If you like, there is a sign language to be shown.
First the finger, then inspection upon the hand.
Where is the thumb?

If it is covered by four fingers, this is good.

Yet if ten men were to look at each other, they are best known by the hand.
Don't give me the "finger", that is not nice...

Old 06-23-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Don't give me the "finger", that is not nice...
It takes kindness to see ( judge the angels.

Young man.
Are you ready?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:04 PM

33,326 posts, read 26,524,660 times
Quote:
Jonah was a Gentile and G-d employed five other Gentiles, a total of six Gentile Prophets...
Actually, Jonah the son of Amittai was a Hebrew and identified himself as such.
Jonah 1:9 He (Jonah) said to them, ''I am a Hebrew, and I fear the LORD God of heaven who made the sea and the dry land.''
Jonah the son of Amittai the prophet of Gath-hepher is also mentioned in 2 Kings 14:25. Gath-hepher, a border town in ancient Israel is also mentioned in Joshua 19:13 where it is said to be in 19:10-13 a part of the territory of the sons of Zebulun as part of their inheritance.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Jonah 1:9 He (Jonah) said to them, ''I am a Hebrew, and I fear the LORD God of heaven who made the sea and the dry land.''
Jonah the son of Amittai the prophet of Gath-hepher is also mentioned in 2 Kings 14:25. Gath-hepher, a border town in ancient Israel is also mentioned in Joshua 19:13 where it is said to be in 19:10-13 a part of the territory of the sons of Zebulun as part of their inheritance.
There is more concerning the message.
There was a man that hid himself, thinking he was a king.

Hiding 6 days has no reward.(e) never found rest.

Seek first the kingdom.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:57 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,050,662 times
Yes and the yellow geese strike 7 times when the strange eagle flaps his wings towards the stars that rose out of the east..

Old 06-24-2017, 10:42 AM

23,206 posts, read 10,496,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
Amen, Chanokh. Excellent post.

Salvation is just salvation, that's all.

If somebody's goal is mere salvation, they have completely missed the point.

This is a race, it is the rest of your eternity and you just happen to be building a house for your next life, you are building a work that you are to begin on rock instead of sand.

1 Corinthians 3

10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

If you think salvation is the point, then you will continue as you are and never seek reward.

Mere salvation alone leaves one standing in the outer court of Gentiles called the outer court of darkness being compared to the light of God in the Holy place against the light of the world, there is extreme light in the Holy place but there is only the sun in the outer court of darkness.

If your goal is mere salvation and you make a willing choice to remain a gentile, then you may never enter into the Holy place because you are a gentile, and you don't have to remain a gentile, it is your choice to convert to the religion of God or not to.

You don't believe in the 7 feasts of Christ or God's Sabbath?

You remain in the court of darkness.

MATTHEW 8 - Saved gentiles who thought they could enter into places where only Jews may enter.

I say to you that many will come from the east and the west to share the banquet with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the sons of the kingdom will be cast into theouterdarkness,where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

1 Samuel 2:9
"He keeps the feet of His godly ones, But the wicked ones are silenced in darkness; For not by might shall a man prevail.

Psalm 112:10
The wicked will see it and be vexed, He will gnash his teeth and melt away; The desire of the wicked will perish.

The Parable of the Banquet
…11But when the king came in to see the guests, he spotted a man who was not dressed in wedding clothes. 12‘Friend, he asked, ‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’ But the man was speechless. 13Then the king told the servants, ‘Tie him hand and foot and throw him outside into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’…

Matthew 7
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’…

If your goal is mere salvation and nobody tells you of the outer court of darkness, it is you who has chosen to remain a gentile, and as MOST Christians, you might just learn the mentality of lawlessness if you keep listening to people who stand against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped, it is your choice if you want to remain a gentile.

There is still salvation in the outer court of darkness, but to set your goal in the outer court is foolishness, seek ye the kingdom of heaven.

There are 3 sections of the temple to prove to you that it shadows and mirrors what the kingdom of heaven is in 3 sections, and most Christians set their goal to become the least in the kingdom of heaven, and personally, I think this is a very silly goal when one seeks the outer court and refuses the Holy place, it is up to you to see how far you can make it into the temple, but remain a gentile, and you shall never enter the Temple, you shall never enter the city of God with your mere salvation.

Jesus is Coming
…14Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates. 15But outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Jesus told us flat out what the deal was, he told us in so many ways how there is a least in the kingdom and a greatest in the kingdom.

The least in the kingdom is lawless, there are the workers of lawlessness who teach people against the commandments of God and they are proud of it.

Matthew 5
So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.…

1 Corinthians 9

Run Your Race to Win
23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings. 24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way as to take the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games trains with strict discipline. They do it for a crown that is perishable, but we do it for a crown that is imperishable.…

RUN IN SUCH A WAY AS TO RECEIVE A REWARD FOR YOUR WORKS, SALVATION MAY BE A GIFT, BUT WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD SETTLE FOR MERE SALVATION WHEN THERE IS REWARD TO SET YOUR GOAL?

Satan Bound ~ Revelation 20
…5The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were complete. This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection! The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Hasn't anyone told you that you should run in such a way as to have no fear of the second death?

Salvation alone does not protect you from the judgment of the second death, but those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus will have no fear of the second death.

Is that what people are telling you?

Or is it that we must do nothing, and we will all be kings or something?

Run in such a way that you may have the right to enter into the city with Jews, or you can choose to remain a Gentile left standing in the court of gentiles called the court of darkness.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-24-2017 at 10:52 AM..

Old 06-24-2017, 06:27 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,175,307 times
Mat 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Jesus himself spoke those words I find it surprising that the forum insists He really came to Nineveh, Rome and several other spots and dealt with Gentiles daily when in fact if you read and comprehend the scripture there were only two instances. Jesus did NOT go to Nineveh or deal with a nation of Gentiles. If you think otherwise you have been brainwashed in the traditions of your denominations.

During the earthly ministry ALL in Israel were under the Mosaic Law......sticks could not be picked up or work done on the Sabbath....still observed by some today......people were stoned to death for breaking the law for various offenses. All in Israel were required to trek to the Temple for Yom Kippur, miss that a time or two and you were out as a Jew. What sort of gymnastics do you have to work in to get saved by grace as you are slicing the throat of your pet lamb? It's simple you don't.....salvation in those days was by repentance-circumcision-baptism in water-faith+ WORKS.......you did those things.

The disciples had to know who Jesus was......HE was the king their for His KINGDOM.....you had to know He was the Messiah and truly the Son of God. The disciples all had to pack and leave everything and follow Him, it was not a free gift of grace like we see today. Faith and works.

13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.” 15 He *said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven (Matthew 16.13-17).

There is no mention of grace in the gospel of the Kingdom........Jesus was the one carved out the Ten for Moses, He wasn't going back on that, He came to fulfill the law......and He actually made it worse.

A lot of Gentiles wandering the earth before Abraham......extremely wicked and God was angry.....not much grace when he drowned them all and started over with Noah's group. The ark was a picture of salvation and it WAS available if you wanted to get a seat assignment from Noah......but nobody did.

In any case I see a lot of times where the term grace was used in the OT and we certainly have a God who is full of grace and mercy today but there was not an official position of grace until Jesus gave it by revelation to Paul and the law was made obsolete as Titus scattered Israel around the globe.

Jesus made heaven and earth......Jews are the earthly people and the body of Christ the heavenly. He made an appointment to visit only Israel 2,000 years ago, and Paul tells the body of Christ the heavenly people Jesus will meet us IN THE AIR as our citizenship is in heaven.

As every person who ever sat in a pew feels they have the correct view on law and grace and on who Jesus really came to see in the earthly ministry it appears the debate will go on...........

Old 06-24-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Hmm...I'll have to check that out...I was going off of memory...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity