Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 11:05 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,905,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Abuse is not a scriptural reason for divorce and/or remarriage. Biblically there isn't really any abuse unless it is the wife doing it to the husband. A wife is to be in subjection to her husband. Widowed is a Biblical reason for remarriage.
Precisely. In fact, I believe that 'equality for women' would generally be a non-scriptural notion. Not too many Christians appear to know that a woman was the property of her husband, just like his home, his cattle, his chattels, etc. That said, the Bible probably would be against gay marriage (between males anyway) since one or the other would be appearing to take on the lesser female role. Strange times...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 12:41 AM

824 posts, read 705,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
... anyway) since one or the other would be appearing to take on the lesser female role. Strange times...
do you guys actually read this stuff after you post it?

Old 11-01-2017, 02:04 AM

439 posts, read 345,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
This may take awhile to work out, but faith in the Holy Spirit is the guide to bring you into all truth
…For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his believing wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. But if the unbeliever leaves, let him go. The believing brother or sister is not bound in such cases. God has called you to live in peace. How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?…
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to pinacled again"
spot on

Old 11-01-2017, 02:16 AM

439 posts, read 345,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Precisely. In fact, I believe that 'equality for women' would generally be a non-scriptural notion. Not too many Christians appear to know that a woman was the property of her husband, just like his home, his cattle, his chattels, etc. That said, the Bible probably would be against gay marriage (between males anyway) since one or the other would be appearing to take on the lesser female role. Strange times...
Most Christians know this but it isn't as you seem to portrey it

Wow FAR FROM IT

A woman is who the husband is to love "as Christ loved the church"

I realize you come here to condemn Christians but you really need to learn the gospel before you claim to "run circles around" Christians.

Because Christians know the gospel.

And despite your lack of remorse when you are wrong, which is much of the time since you know little of the gospel, Christians will always trump you. So instead of clinging to pushing your stereoptypes, actually try reading the bible. People were created for a purpose so each thread trying to justify sin is fruitless. It cannot be done by imagining sins Christians commit.

You are hell bent to use the Bible for the destruction of Gods people so thus you need to know it.

don't bother to waste my time becoming "offended" it is useless and a waste of my energy. Read the gospel, don't think you know more then everyone, and use it to save yourself. That is the most important. Not this stereoptyping and labels you push with each of your posts. This isnt high school. Time to grow out of labeling people, name calling and these stereotypes.

Do you have any idea the kind of awesome love this requires? Christ died on the CROSS so we could live. This is what the HUSBAND is to give up for the wife. His entire life! He is to DIE for her. This is NOTHING like what people can imagine. This is a love far beyond what we can ever fathom to sacrifice ourselves for. But it is the love that CHRISTIAN husbands routinely agree to do. And will do when/if called by GOD.

Ephesians 5:22
Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. 24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,

Old 11-01-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
... anyway) since one or the other would be appearing to take on the lesser female role. Strange times...
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
Yes, this guy most assuredly does.

Do you have something more than a drive-by comment to add to what I said ...?

Old 11-01-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post

Wow FAR FROM IT

I realize you come here to condemn Christians but you really need to learn the gospel before you claim to "run circles around" Christians.
I previously told you that I was wrong in saying that. I also said that it was a knee-jerk response to your having implied that I was a Bible-ignoramus. Was that not enough for you, Jeaniee?

Quote:
They do? Well, alright. I'll take your word (with a smidgin' of salt) that you know the minds of every professed Christian.

Quote:
And despite your lack of remorse when you are wrong . . .
Huh? What have I ever said that would require 'remorse' from me, for heaven's sake? Moreover, when am I EVER wrong ...? (wink)

Quote:
. . .which is much of the time since you know little of the gospel, Christians will always trump you.
The gospel ...Jesus Christ died to pay the penalty for our sin so that we might become the children of God through faith alone in Christ alone. Is there more to it? We're also reminded to love one another. That includes homosexuals and also homosexuals who wish to marry. Do you love homosexuals, Jeaniee?

Quote:
So instead of clinging to pushing your stereoptypes, actually try reading the bible. People were created for a purpose so each thread trying to justify sin is fruitless. It cannot be done by imagining sins Christians commit.
I really have no idea what you're talking about, Jeaniee. What 'sins' am I imagining? Are you sure you have the right person?

Quote:
You are hell bent to use the Bible for the destruction of Gods people so thus you need to know it.
Again, are you mistaking me for someone else? All I have offered on this page thus far is that divorce and remarriage are vetoed in the Bible. Fact! I have also said quite plainly that most Christians accept scriptural adulterers (those that are married to someone else where the previous spouse is still living) into their fold with open arms but do not accept gay marriage. Also fact.

Quote:
don't bother to waste my time becoming "offended" it is useless and a waste of my energy.
What ARE you talking about, Jeaniee? Where have I been 'offended' by something that you've said?

Quote:
Read the gospel, don't think you know more then everyone, and use it to save yourself.
Save myself from what? That fictitious but horrific hell that Christians believe the Old Testament God set up for most of His creation? Poppycock!

Quote:
That is the most important. Not this stereoptyping and labels you push with each of your posts. This isnt high school. Time to grow out of labeling people, name calling and these stereotypes.
Um, Jeaniee ...get a grip on yourself. Where have I stereo-typed and labeled people? Just a reminder, this is RomulusXXV. Are you confusing me with someone else?

Quote:
Do you have any idea the kind of awesome love this requires? Christ died on the CROSS so we could live.
But, but ...why would Jesus have had to go through such a gruesome death when His father could have just as easily revoked His "the wages of sin is death' clause? Why all of the needless and cruel dramatics? Does all of this REALLY make sense to you, Jeaniee?

Quote:
This is what the HUSBAND is to give up for the wife. His entire life! He is to DIE for her. This is NOTHING like what people can imagine. This is a love far beyond what we can ever fathom to sacrifice ourselves for. But it is the love that CHRISTIAN husbands routinely agree to do. And will do when/if called by GOD.
This fairy story has to end and reality has to kick in here ...why the heck would God be calling any husband to die for his wife? And, if He did then the husband would be well within his rights to tell God to go bite Himself ...! No offense, God ...I don't believe a word of this. This is all coming from your mind, Jeaniee.

Quote:
Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. 24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
It's clear here that Paul is reminding the wives that they are the property of the husband, make no mistake about that. They are to be subjected to their husbands in EVERYTHING. The 'husbands, love your wives' part is rather wish-washy. Moreover, it seems that the husbands in question were not doing this and were having to be reminded. And, don't forget that this very same Paul FORBADE women to speak in the church! Why do you think that, even today, most churches will not ordain women? This is due to the teachings of Paul!

Old 11-01-2017, 06:39 AM

465 posts, read 235,859 times
RomulusXXV:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara
RomulusXXV:
Quote:
Yes, this guy most assuredly does.

Do you have something more than a drive-by comment to add to what I said ...?
\/\/\/\/\/\......../\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\.______________-^
The alligators know when to swim as crocodiles because predators have boarded.
}}/\/\/\./\../\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\}}}}/\//\/\/\-^___________-^

Old 11-01-2017, 07:00 AM

465 posts, read 235,859 times
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee

Wow FAR FROM IT

I previously told you that I was wrong in saying that. I also said that it was a knee-jerk response to your having implied that I was a Bible-ignoramus. Was that not enough for you, Jeaniee?

Quote:

They do? Well, alright. I'll take your word (with a smidgin' of salt) that you know the minds of every professed Christian.

Quote:
And despite your lack of remorse when you are wrong . . .

Huh? What have I ever said that would require 'remorse' from me, for heaven's sake? Moreover, when am I EVER wrong ...? (wink)

Quote:
. . . .which is much of the time since you know little of the gospel, Christians will always trump you.

The gospel ...Jesus Christ died to pay the penalty for our sin so that we might become the children of God through faith alone in Christ alone. Is there more to it? We're also reminded to love one another. That includes homosexuals and also homosexuals who wish to marry. Do you love homosexuals, Jeaniee?

Quote:
So instead of clinging to pushing your stereoptypes, actually try reading the bible. People were created for a purpose so each thread trying to justify sin is fruitless. It cannot be done by imagining sins Christians commit.

I really have no idea what you're talking about, Jeaniee. What 'sins' am I imagining? Are you sure you have the right person?

Quote:

Again, are you mistaking me for someone else? All I have offered on this page thus far is that divorce and remarriage are vetoed in the Bible. Fact! I have also said quite plainly that most Christians accept scriptural adulterers (those that are married to someone else where the previous spouse is still living) into their fold with open arms but do not accept gay marriage. Also fact.

Quote:
don't bother to waste my time becoming "offended" it is useless and a waste of my energy.

What ARE you talking about, Jeaniee? Where have I been 'offended' by something that you've said?

Quote:
Read the gospel, don't think you know more then everyone, and use it to save yourself.

Save myself from what? That fictitious but horrific hell that Christians believe the Old Testament God set up for most of His creation? Poppycock!

Quote:
That is the most important. Not this stereoptyping and labels you push with each of your posts. This isnt high school. Time to grow out of labeling people, name calling and these stereotypes.

Um, Jeaniee ...get a grip on yourself. Where have I stereo-typed and labeled people? Just a reminder, this is RomulusXXV. Are you confusing me with someone else?

Quote:
Do you have any idea the kind of awesome love this requires? Christ died on the CROSS so we could live.

But, but ...why would Jesus have had to go through such a gruesome death when His father could have just as easily revoked His "the wages of sin is death' clause? Why all of the needless and cruel dramatics? Does all of this REALLY make sense to you, Jeaniee?

Quote:
This is what the HUSBAND is to give up for the wife. His entire life! He is to DIE for her. This is NOTHING like what people can imagine. This is a love far beyond what we can ever fathom to sacrifice ourselves for. But it is the love that CHRISTIAN husbands routinely agree to do. And will do when/if called by GOD.

This fairy story has to end and reality has to kick in here ...why the heck would God be calling any husband to die for his wife? And, if He did then the husband would be well within his rights to tell God to go bite Himself ...! No offense, God ...I don't believe a word of this. This is all coming from your mind, Jeaniee.

Quote:

It's clear here that Paul is reminding the wives that they are the property of the husband, make no mistake about that. They are to be subjected to their husbands in EVERYTHING. The 'husbands, love your wives' part is rather wish-washy. Moreover, it seems that the husbands in question were not doing this and were having to be reminded. And, don't forget that this very same Paul FORBADE women to speak in the church! Why do you think that, even today, most churches will not ordain women? This is due to the teachings of Paul!
All you have provided is what the authorities need to come and arrest you right on the spot for stalking Saul.

As how many times have the warnings gone out same person same name same badge# the search warrants are on.

O/\/ delivered warrants to police long before a stalking career had to show up and try his manners again causing doubting.

Thou shalt not cause a husband and a wife to have issues between their marriage because someone is too arrogant to 'belong'.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
RomulusXXV:
RomulusXXV: \/\/\/\/\/\......../\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\.______________-^
The alligators know when to swim as crocodiles because predators have boarded.
}}/\/\/\./\../\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\}}}}/\//\/\/\-^___________-^
Well, what more would be expected from someone whose backwards quote from post #702 goes:

Motivation the address don't which but actions appropriate the give should that rules or laws the not and "Covenant New" the guides that principle the is it that is difference the.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:03 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
It's a hypothetical fruitless question.
Which demonstrates that the bakers' stance is nothing but hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity