Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 06:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Tough call. I'd hate to hafta judge.
I volunteer to judge.

Since Christians aren't supposed to judge others - this animist will step into the breach. I'm totally cool with judging others.

But so many contenders....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 06:24 PM

465 posts, read 235,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The difference is that it is the principle that guides the "New Covenant" and not the laws or rules that should give the appropriate actions but which don't address the motivation.
Motivation the address don't which but actions appropriate the give should that rules or laws the not and "Covenant New" the guides that principle the is it that is difference the.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:30 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I volunteer to judge.

Since Christians aren't supposed to judge others - this animist will step into the breach. I'm totally cool with judging others.

I won't judge, but I'll bring snacks and drinks.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:58 PM

998 posts, read 436,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
If they are on their second (or third, etc.) marriage and their former partner/s is/are alive ...then they are scriptural adulterers.

Would you vote "No" if there was a similar survey for divorcees to remarry?
My question is how does the baker know that the person has a living former partner? Remember, love your neighbor as yourself. Your former wife is your neighbor. What is hurtful to you is hurtful also to your former wife. In the first place, it is God who made you and your former wife meet. The spirit of Ama said that we are all the same. The beautiful people owe a debt of gratitude to ugly people for without the ugly people their beauty will not be seen.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:09 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
If they are on their second (or third, etc.) marriage and their former partner/s is/are alive ...then they are scriptural adulterers.

Would you vote "No" if there was a similar survey for divorcees to remarry?
This may take awhile to work out, but faith in the Holy Spirit is the guide to bring you into all truth
…For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his believing wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. But if the unbeliever leaves, let him go. The believing brother or sister is not bound in such cases. God has called you to live in peace. How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?…

Last edited by pinacled; 10-31-2017 at 07:22 PM..

Old 10-31-2017, 08:18 PM

6,791 posts, read 2,899,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You honestly think God sees it as sin if someone gets out of an abusive marriage?
Honestly, I have no idea how God would respond to that question. I'm simply offering my take on this topic from a scriptural perspective. I personally don't care who someone marries or as to how many times they do so. It's none of my business. But anyway, as has already been pointed out ...spousal abuse is not mentioned in the Bible as grounds for divorce. Even if it was, only the death of one of the parties will then free up the surviving partner to remarry.

Quote:
Divorce is allowed in the case of a partner being unfaithful so it only stands to reason that divorce can be allowed for even greater sins.
Sadly, not according to the Bible. But then, VERY few people live their lives according to the Bible, do they? Many Christians, even most Christians, just give 'lip service' when they claim to adhere to 'God's teaching'.

Quote:
Also, Romans 7:2-3 clearly states you can remarry if your spouse as died.
That's right. And, that's what I've been saying from the start. Not that I'd give Paul, a man who we are not told ever married (and was possibly gay himself) too much credibility as an expert on marriage.

Quote:
So there are various reasons why a person might have multiple marriages.
No there are not ...not from scripture anyway.

Quote:
It's not the baker's job to dig into their personal business and find out if the reason is sinful or not.
No, of course not. But the question might be asked ...would they apply the same religious grounds they do for refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding for a divorced person getting remarried if they DID know? I would say no, they would not refuse to bake a cake in this instance because they are not grounded enough in the Bible to even KNOW that remarriage is a scriptural no-no. The majority of Christians have NO CLUE what their Bible DOES say and what it DOES NOT say. The reason? Because most are like sponges and soak up whatever is the religious party line THEY HEAR from the leader/s of their particular denomination.

Last edited by RomulusXXV; 10-31-2017 at 08:31 PM..

Old 10-31-2017, 08:19 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I volunteer to judge.

Not to try and sway the judges but I do have crazy in my status line.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Sorry, L8. Despite your claims to the contrary, you are entirely too sensible, compassionate and yes - sane - to be an entrant.

Too bad, so sad.

Not.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
The infinite weave.
Quite intricate.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:37 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The infinite weave.
Quite intricate.
swallowing my tail.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity