Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 09:46 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Even better might be to stop sinning.

Sinning hurts Jesus, by all accounts.

If you love Jesus, you should just say "NO!" to sin and stop hurting him.

We should. But we have a sin nature and we cannot. You demonstrate daily with your snarky attacks on me and others that you certainly have not stopped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 10:08 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
We should. But we have a sin nature and we cannot. You demonstrate daily with your snarky attacks on me and others that you certainly have not stopped.
I think the King fish might just be right, and what is it that he hasn't stopped? Why don't I ever have a problem with Trout?

I know you right about our sinful nature, but then I don't have the Holy spirit while millions of others claim to have the Holy spirit, and those who received the Holy spirit were different, they were given help to overcome their sin by the power of the Holy spirit, and when people think they have this same power, they are held to a much higher standard that scares me.

A Call to Maturity~ Hebrews 6
1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3And this will we do, if God permit. 4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

For myself, I have never tasted that power even though I was convinced I had the Holy spirit for 40 years, I found out that I didn't, and I am thankful for this because anyone who obtained the Holy spirit were held to a much higher standard because of the fact that the spirit gave the person power to mature and overcome his sins, and I have never found this power within myself.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:28 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
I don't sin. I reprove and correct fundies.

Sin is obviously in the eye of the beholder.

If thine eye offend thee....

Old 11-07-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I don't sin. I reprove and correct fundies.

Sin is obviously in the eye of the beholder.

If thine eye offend thee....
Lying is a sin. You've just sinned.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Lying is a sin. You've just sinned.
Tsk. You just did.

Shame on you, Fundie. Best say 5 Our Fathers and 27 Hail Marys and promise your godling you'll try to be better.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Tsk. You just did.

Shame on you, Fundie. Best say 5 Our Fathers and 27 Hail Marys and promise your godling you'll try to be better.
I don't pray to Mary. She was a sinful human being just like you and me.

Old 11-07-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
You're 1/3rd correct.

Much higher average than usual!

Old 11-07-2017, 12:28 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Don't feel alone. I love you, Ribbi1. However, welcome to the lion's den; it should be of no surprise. Jesus said:

Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Thank you, and back at 'cha. Ain't that the truth? Every times lions open their mouths, stuff some word in there. That's the only way they're going to eat like a lamb. Peace

Old 11-07-2017, 01:42 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Let's make that 36 hail Mary's, do you somehow pretend you aren't Catholic?

HUMPH, imagine that.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Let's make that 36 hail Mary's, do you somehow pretend you aren't Catholic?

HUMPH, imagine that.
I grew up Catholic, but left the Catholic church as a young man. I've been a Baptist for about 30 years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity