Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 09:08 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,396,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Some Christians think they first have to convince people that they are in imminent danger of the wrath of God because they are fundamentally flawed at their core [garbage deserving of being thrown on a giant burning junk pile for eternity] in order to be able to sell them a way to escape their supposed fate. So, no, no one needs to be approached by people who think that way, unless it is to be saved from their own beliefs.
Peter saw everyone other than the House Israel in this way until God rebuked him in a vision.

He saw 3 times in a vision a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners that contained all kinds of four-footed animals, aswell as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.” (All of these represented all the inhabitants and nations of the earth)

Surely not, Lord!” Was Peter's response “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.” (Peter had soon forgotten the man he was until Christ changed his life)

The voice spoke to Peter a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” . The four footed animals, reptiles and birds may not appear clean, but as far as God is concerned they are, when will fundamentalists believe and accept this and take this message to the four footed animals, reptiles and birds?. It's ok God is not mad and against you.

Christianity needs to stop looking at what God HAS(not going to do) made clean as though it is condemned and unclean( you are sinful and hell bound)already, and until it stops doing that, it will never see what Peter saw after he understood what God was meaning by the vision. Bible fundamentalists are like Peter in this vision, they view everything that does not conform to their understanding of God unclean and condemned.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-16-2018 at 09:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Of course Christian is not in the Bible nor is the Trinity or Rapture. Christian is a term identified with my definition for a millenia. And what did I say that disagrees with those verses?

To put your faith In Jesus and repent of your sins means to believe in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for they are One God. They are perfection. Perfect are the exact thought with exact attributes. And these Persons are described in the Old and New Testament.

To create your own religion that over rules the authority of the Bible breaks the 1st Commandment. If you truly put your faith in Jesus but deny who He is, it is a false doctrine

It always circles around to this. People want to have a lifestyle that is pleasing to the flesh and mind. That is not a Christ follower. To put faith in Jesus is to deny yourself and submit to Him. Now every Elect struggles with sin especially me. I am a terrible sinner. But to deny the Truth is wrong and very dangerous!
This is nothing other than the doctrine of the religion of men. Please stop replying to me until you can support what you are saying with scripture.

You will never get me believing anything that is not in the scripture and this is coming from someone who does not believe it is inerrant and infallible.

Lifestyles pleasing to the flesh and mind? You are having a laugh aren't you, Muslims and Hindu's would put most christians to shame in not pleasing the the flesh.

Are you saying that having love one for another which is the evidence you are a disciple of the way of Jesus, is a lifestyle pleasing to the flesh, because that is what it seems you are saying.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:25 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,088,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is nothing other than the doctrine of the religion of men. Please stop replying to me until you can support what you are saying with scripture.

You will never get me believing anything that is not in the scripture and this is coming from someone who does not believe it is inerrant and infallible.

Lifestyles pleasing to the flesh and mind? You are having a laugh aren't you, Muslims and Hindu's would put most christians to shame in not pleasing the the flesh.

Are you saying that having love one for another which is the evidence you are a disciple of the way of Jesus, is a lifestyle pleasing to the flesh, because that is what it seems you are saying.
The grand irony is that while chastising others for "doctrines of men" you claim no authoritative source for any of your beliefs other than your own personal feelings or convictions. How are your beliefs not "doctrines of men"?

Old 03-16-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The grand irony is that while chastising others for "doctrines of men" you claim no authoritative source for any of your beliefs other than your own personal feelings or convictions. How are your beliefs not "doctrines of men"?
I am backing up what i am saying by the scriptures, the scriptures you claim is your authority. Prove by the scriptures what sum tingy is saying is a christian or quit with this nonsense.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:33 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,438,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
That's a pretty awesome statement of faith, Pleroo! <3
Thanks, geeki. God's done a lot of work in me.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thanks, geeki. God's done a lot of work in me.
And used you significantly on this forum.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:43 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,088,939 times
Quote:
I am backing up what i am saying by the scriptures, the scriptures you claim is your authority. Prove by the scriptures what sum tingy is saying is a christian or quit with this nonsense.
Haven't seen you do that yet. You have a gift for paraphrasing and misquoting them, but rarely do I see you actually quote a Scripture, chapter and verse, word for word.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:43 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,862,138 times
Quote:
It is fine him believing that, what i am puzzled about is, he claims he's a bible believer and only believes something if it's in the bible, but his bible does not describe that to be a christian. So my conclusion is, he is added to the scripture, and we know what the scriptures say about adding to it.
I'm being silly here, but I wonder what those that say this do with things like particle physics and dark matter.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:44 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,850,404 times
Quote:
I’m glad you regard scripture as authority.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:45 AM

1,183 posts, read 540,848 times
Quote:

Wow. It is like talking to a shrub. If you can’t understand the reference to lust of the flesh (1 John) , there cant be any discussion. Everything is muddled.

Perhaps we can come to one accord is that many who profess to be Christian agree with your philosophy than mine. Because what I say they deny. For ‘Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are One God. They are perfection. Perfect in exact thought with exact attributes. And these Persons are described in the Old and New Testament. ‘. No one comes to the Father except through Jesus.

1 John 2:15-17
anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world — the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life — is not from the Father but from the world. 17The world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God remains forever.…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity