Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 01:03 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,825,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Exactly. The abundant life in the here and now.
No one is disputing that life in Christ is abundant. Different subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 01:05 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No one is disputing that life in Christ is abundant. Different subject.
I'm not surprised that you've missed the point. All these phrases that you think contradict what Paul said about God not holding the sin of the world against them, actually refer to the blessings of KNOWING the truth that God is not holding our sin against us.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It also has lots of catchy sayings that have become part of the English lexicon in some form and that non-religious people use without realizing their origin.

I once heard a guy in a meeting say "what we'll have to do is cut the baby in half". Some people looked startled at the expression, but I knew what he meant cuz I went to Sunday School.
I agree it has some wonderfully poetic language and thought-provoking passages.

And I woulda' got the chopped baby reference too from my indoctrination into Catholicism.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:09 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Are you saying no other scriptures refute Universalism or do you just not believe those passages or something else? I have shown you what I believe that passage means and backed it up with other passages on the same subject.
The Nature and Character of God expressed through Jesus Christ is so far removed from the god that sits in the temple of the heart of man deceiving them into opposing the Nature and Character of God that He expressed it is untrue.

Jesus Christ is the exact representation of ALL that God IS. Hebrews 1:3 What does this mean? God through his son made known to us all that he is.

Another scripture

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Does this luntatic god that needs to punish the sinner instead of healing the sympton fit into any of those attributes ?.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I'm not surprised that you've missed the point. All these phrases that you think contradict what Paul said about God not holding the sin of the world against them, actually refer to the blessings of KNOWING the truth that God is not holding our sin against us.
I'm not fan of atheism as a world view (I was forced to try that shoe and it didn't fit me), but those "godless bastards" as I've seen them refer to themselves from time to time, and which term I use here with affection, are in a whole lot better place than some unsuspecting victim of evangelical Christianity who is convinced by said Christians that God is holding their sin against them.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I understand that completely. I am a Christian. Where we differ is that you believe it applies to everyone, when I believe scripture says otherwise.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Holy doesn't mean "morally pure". It means set aside, different from everything else (when applied to God.
When applied to everything else, it means set aside for God). There was no word to indicate "extra-special holy", so they repeat the word for emphasis.
It is both.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Nature and Character of God expressed through Jesus Christ is so far removed from the god that sits in the temple of the heart of man deceiving them into opposing the Nature and Character of God that He expressed it is untrue.

Jesus Christ is the exact representation of ALL that God IS. Hebrews 1:3 What does this mean? God through his son made known to us all that he is.

Another scripture

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Does this luntatic god that needs to punish the sinner instead of healing the sympton fit into any of those attributes ?.
Can't rep you, as usual, but have I mentioned lately how much I love your posts?

Old 03-29-2018, 01:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
No, you need to realize that the passage simply says that God is not holding the sin of THE WORLD against them. And then of course the bible also says that God is love, and that love keeps no record of wrongs.
Well, I quoted what it says. Feel free to reject it.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Another scripture

Will God force redemption on those who reject Him? Scripture indicates no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity