Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 07:36 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,090,337 times

Advertisements

OP...it is all fairytales.

If you were born in the Middle East you would be bowing down to Allah 3 times and day. Japan, probably a Buddhist. Utah, you would be a Mormon Moderator cut: edit . Haiti, voodoo.

Gods and religion are all man-made and regional.

Humans are predisposed to created gods...

Ancient Gods & Goddesses

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-22-2018 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Be nice now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 08:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,127,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I do indeed fundamentally believe the Holy Scriptures, just as Yeshua did and still does. I am zealous for the Lord as He commanded. Therefore, since you find that a point of derision, then that leaves you with the other crowd -- an enemy of the God of the Holy Scriptures.

Revelation 3
[19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
[21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
[22] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
"Washed in the Blood of Yeshua Ha-Mashiach"???...Awesome!...Someone who enjoys being bathed in another human's blood...Wow!...

Old 04-22-2018, 08:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,127,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That's true that the verse and chapter breaks weren't originally a part of the Bible but were added later. I compared the Chabad.org version of the Tanakh with the jewishvirtuallibrary version of the Tanakh, both of which are online.

The Chabad.org version of the Tanakh has Malachi as 3 chapters with 24 verses in chapter 3.
https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16221
The jewishvirtuallibrary.org version of the Tanakh breaks Malachi into 4 chapters with 5 verses in chapter 4 whereas chapter 3 only has 18 verses.
Book of Malachi
The Latin Vulgate which is a 4th century translation breaks Malachi into four chapters.
Malachias 4:1 Latin: Biblia Sacra Vulgata
ecce enim dies veniet succensa quasi caminus et erunt omnes superbi et omnes facientes impietatem stipula et inflammabit eos dies veniens dicit Dominus exercituum quae non relinquet eis radicem et germen

Malachi 4:1 Multilingual: For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the LORD of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor
I just don't see the point in why they thought it necessary edit it that way...But it is still strange if you are finding chapters and verses in the DSS manuscripts when they did not exist at that time...

Old 04-22-2018, 08:21 AM

88,863 posts, read 85,308,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Lol.... in early 1970’s my mother was telling me “the end of the world†is nigh and the “rapture†is about to happen
Hahaha. In the 60s my mother was saying that "These days are just like the last days of Rome before it fell..." Fast forward to the 21st century and City-Data, and I started seeing people saying the same thing.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
The Saints will rule and reign on earth with Yeshua the righteous King; the wicked will be trampled under foot.
We've got an Oliver Crangle on the board!

One of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes. So much truth in it.

Oliver Krangle is a man obsessed with one thing: evil and exposing it. In his self-contained little world, Oliver tracks down all sorts of information on these 'evil people,' harasses them, and even calls their employers to tell of their subversive behaviors.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734570...y_pl#summaries

Old 04-22-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
So says the damned.
So says the delusional.

You get to condemn people now, huh, scgraham? Your grandiosity grows with every post.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:52 AM

33,360 posts, read 26,621,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I just don't see the point in why they thought it necessary edit it that way...But it is still strange if you are finding chapters and verses in the DSS manuscripts when they did not exist at that time...
They weren't there originally. But as with the Tanakh and the Septuagint the chapter and verse divisions were added later by editors to make it easier to locate specific text.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapte...s_of_the_Bible

Old 04-22-2018, 08:55 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,280,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
So says the delusional.

You get to condemn people now, huh, scgraham? Your grandiosity grows with every post.
I imagine him happily under his bed, playing with his cockroaches and other things that slither and scuttle.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:59 AM

1,227 posts, read 637,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was talking about this with my dad the other day and the more I thought about it and looked at what the bible says about the AC in general, It actually should be very easy to identify him when he comes unto the global stage...

The bible says he will be well liked and do many good things, and even appearing to have solved the worlds problems very quickly and easily, but it also says he will perform supernatural acts, such as calling fire down from the sky.

Its 2018 right now, we have the internet, Youtube, FB, etc, Ive never ever seen anyone in the entire world doing something like this, and I have to imagine the first time ANY person does, it will be instant news the world over pretty quick, so the first person who has supernatural abilities, is most likely going to be the AC, especially if he meets all the other descriptions...right?

The only exception I can think of that possibly throw a wrench into this, would be if there are numerous people at the same time, all having supernatural abilities and performing them for crowds of people, tv cameras, etc. It would be difficult then to pick out who is the real deal, but that seems unlikely there would ever be a time when numerous people with abilities like this, are on the global stage, all at the same time.

Can anyone dispute this or show how I may be wrong? Looking back thru history I cannot think of a single person that has EVER had supernatural abilities, if anyone can name one or two, Id like to know them.
Visit Sedona AZ. you'll find lots of people claiming to have supernatural abilities, you just have to find the right one.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:09 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,719,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was talking about this with my dad the other day and the more I thought about it and looked at what the bible says about the AC in general, It actually should be very easy to identify him when he comes unto the global stage...

The bible says he will be well liked and do many good things, and even appearing to have solved the worlds problems very quickly and easily, but it also says he will perform supernatural acts, such as calling fire down from the sky.

Its 2018 right now, we have the internet, Youtube, FB, etc, Ive never ever seen anyone in the entire world doing something like this, and I have to imagine the first time ANY person does, it will be instant news the world over pretty quick, so the first person who has supernatural abilities, is most likely going to be the AC, especially if he meets all the other descriptions...right?

The only exception I can think of that possibly throw a wrench into this, would be if there are numerous people at the same time, all having supernatural abilities and performing them for crowds of people, tv cameras, etc. It would be difficult then to pick out who is the real deal, but that seems unlikely there would ever be a time when numerous people with abilities like this, are on the global stage, all at the same time.

Can anyone dispute this or show how I may be wrong? Looking back thru history I cannot think of a single person that has EVER had supernatural abilities, if anyone can name one or two, Id like to know them.
I think we should be looking for Christ, not the anti-Christ. The scriptures say to look for his (Christ's) appearing. I don't recall any scripture that says to look for the anti-Christ. The term anti-Christ is mentioned very few times in the scriptures. The spirit of anti-Christ has always been at work in the world, tearing it down and dividing people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity