Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 03:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
I know you mean well but the Rapture WILL happen as advertised. Those who are left and have heard the gospel and rejected it will be sent a strong delusion and take the mark of the AC. Those who refuse to take the mark will pay with their own blood and be killed by AC, but will be instantly transported to heaven as martyrs. All those who arrived earlier in the rapture will be watching as these arrive. Better to be in the group watching.
Left Behind is a series of 16 best-selling religious novels by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.
Apparently, you have been reading too many books, nowhere do the Scriptures mention it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 06:13 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,732,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was talking about this with my dad the other day and the more I thought about it and looked at what the bible says about the AC in general, It actually should be very easy to identify him when he comes unto the global stage...

The bible says he will be well liked and do many good things, and even appearing to have solved the worlds problems very quickly and easily, but it also says he will perform supernatural acts, such as calling fire down from the sky.

Its 2018 right now, we have the internet, Youtube, FB, etc, Ive never ever seen anyone in the entire world doing something like this, and I have to imagine the first time ANY person does, it will be instant news the world over pretty quick, so the first person who has supernatural abilities, is most likely going to be the AC, especially if he meets all the other descriptions...right?

The only exception I can think of that possibly throw a wrench into this, would be if there are numerous people at the same time, all having supernatural abilities and performing them for crowds of people, tv cameras, etc. It would be difficult then to pick out who is the real deal, but that seems unlikely there would ever be a time when numerous people with abilities like this, are on the global stage, all at the same time.

Can anyone dispute this or show how I may be wrong? Looking back thru history I cannot think of a single person that has EVER had supernatural abilities, if anyone can name one or two, Id like to know them.
Are you saying Jesus didn’t have supernatural abilities?ahhh there is too many non Biblical eye witnesses to his deeds for you to even to claim such a thing! The apostles a thousands since then ! But still the biggest miracles are and will be what the and his spirit can do with a broken but willing heart!!!

Old 04-24-2018, 06:30 PM

33,286 posts, read 26,487,831 times
There seems to be a parallel between 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and John 14: 1-3, both of which speak of the rapture of the church. To compare them read the link below.

Excerpt:

THE RAPTURE AND JOHN 14
by Thomas Ice
I believe that John 14:1-3 speaks of Christ's return at the Rapture for His church.
However, many who do not believe that the Rapture will occur before the tribulation say
that this passage refers to Christ coming at death for a believer. There are good
reasons why this passage is Christ's introduction of the Rapture of the church.

CONCLUSION
In light of comparing Scripture with Scripture, it appears obvious that Jesus' teaching
in John 14:1-3 and Paul's revelation in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 speak of the same
event. Dr. Smith concludes, "It is but consistent to interpret each passage as dealing
with the same event—the rapture of the church."21
How else does one explain the
progression of eight specific words/phrases in exactly the same order, in two different
passages, by two different spokesmen? It is clear that these passages refer to a single
future event—the Rapture of the church. We learn that the church's Blessed Hope was
first revealed by our Lord on the eve of His crucifixion to His disciples as they grieved
over His departure. Later, the doctrine of the Rapture was explained in greater detail
via Paul's revelation to give comfort to the Thessalonians who were faced with a similar
problem of departing loved ones that Jesus dealt with in the Upper Room with His disciples.

http://www.pre-trib.org/data/pdf/Ice...eandJohn14.pdf

Old 04-24-2018, 06:44 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Lol

The “rapture” is symbolic language to be compared with other symbolic things.... Daniels prophecy was sealed until the time of the end, the time of the end started 2000 years ago ..... Revelation says the time was near

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,
Rev 1:2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw.
Rev 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.

The system of “antichrist” started 2000 years ago and has developed from this

Rev 12:6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.

Into this :-

Rev 17:1 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters,
Rev 17:2 with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and with the wine of whose sexual immorality the dwellers on earth have become drunk.”
Rev 17:3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was full of blasphemous names, and it had seven heads and ten horns.
Rev 17:4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and jewels and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality.
Rev 17:5 And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: “Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth's abominations.”
Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. When I saw her, I marveled greatly.

Rev 18:2 And he called out with a mighty voice, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place for demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit, a haunt for every unclean bird, a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast.
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich from the power of her luxurious living.”
Rev 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues;

Protestants made an effort to come out of her but didn’t succeed, they became trapped by the “world” again

The wrath of God is not against humanity but against “ his people” who are meant to represent him to humanity but misrepresent him and defile “his name” they take the things which give the times, seasons, commandments, and make them into a worship system, the scriptures are written in allegory, symbols, signs, prophetic language etc .... the miraculous things did NOT happen and will not happen. What is flesh IS flesh, and what is spirit IS spirit...... we are not to mix the 2 together.
Bashing the Jews?...

Old 04-24-2018, 06:48 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,813,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Bashing the Jews?...
yes you have many times...

you have even lied about them concerning their King.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:54 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
yes you have many times...

you have even lied about them concerning their King.
Whatever...I am a Jew and I know who my King is...

Old 04-24-2018, 09:03 PM

63,864 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Whatever...I am a Jew and I know who my King is...
Interesting. And who might your King be?

Old 04-24-2018, 09:43 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,813,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Interesting. And who might your King be?
His king, is most likely a pirate with one arm and a serious limp due to the very wounded pride dealt with,
Some 5 thousand seven hundred years ago.
Give or take a moon clothed in the sun or few.

Oh,
The sun and the moon are gonna dance soon.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:09 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,713,655 times
Quote:
Bashing the Jews?...
I’m sorry you think that Richard, not my intention..... what I see is that what is written in the scriptures says that there has been corruption of the message of God to his people who are to be His representatives on earth.... so I’m not bashing individual Jews or Christians but what I see is that there are systems which have been built up saying they represent God but are opposed to the kingdom of God and the resurrection of Israel.

What I believe is that a lot of people eg, Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, Seth, Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Esau, Jacob, Moses, Aaron, David, Goliath, Saul, Solomon etc are not historical they are prophetic, the prophets, priests, scribes were not meant to use the sacred writings and mix them with the sacrificial systems of the surrounding peoples and make a worship system out of them.

Prophets were sent to tell “the Jews” that they were in danger, at various times, but they continued.

The same thing has happened with the things written in the New Testament, the point of them is not about a physical God/man physically dying for the “sin” of being born human. Jesus was born under the law, a human being, he was a prophet sent to the Jews to get them to repent and be a part of Gods kingdom ruling the earth. The religious systems that rule are all corrupt it seems to me because the prophetic has been made to be historical. The inspirations mixed with physical things (which is what is meant by fornication)

The scriptures all work together, interpreting each other.

I believe the reference in Revelation to the city being split in 3 refers to all of the Abrahamic religions:- Jewish, Islamic, and Christians

There is judgement coming not specifically to humanity but to the systems that have corrupted “the Word of God” and mixed it with physical things. However humanity is affected by what these systems do.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:31 PM

63,864 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I’m sorry you think that Richard, not my intention..... what I see is that what is written in the scriptures says that there has been corruption of the message of God to his people who are to be His representatives on earth.... so I’m not bashing individual Jews or Christians but what I see is that there are systems which have been built up saying they represent God but are opposed to the kingdom of God and the resurrection of Israel.

What I believe is that a lot of people eg, Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, Seth, Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Esau, Jacob, Moses, Aaron, David, Goliath, Saul, Solomon etc are not historical they are prophetic, the prophets, priests, scribes were not meant to use the sacred writings and mix them with the sacrificial systems of the surrounding peoples and make a worship system out of them.

Prophets were sent to tell “the Jews” that they were in danger, at various times, but they continued.

The same thing has happened with the things written in the New Testament, the point of them is not about a physical God/man physically dying for the “sin” of being born human. Jesus was born under the law, a human being, he was a prophet sent to the Jews to get them to repent and be a part of Gods kingdom ruling the earth. The religious systems that rule are all corrupt it seems to me because the prophetic has been made to be historical. The inspirations mixed with physical things (which is what is meant by fornication)

The scriptures all work together, interpreting each other.

I believe the reference in Revelation to the city being split in 3 refers to all of the Abrahamic religions:- Jewish, Islamic, and Christians

There is judgment coming not specifically to humanity but to the systems that have corrupted “the Word of God” and mixed it with physical things. However, humanity is affected by what these systems do.
The carnal mind interpreting spiritual inspirations and writings carnally is the source of the corruptions. Forgetting that the writings are spiritual and not carnal is the singular error of religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity