Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 02:24 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,063,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Eisegesis is just another synonym for the word "Interpretation." The purpose of religion is to be constructive. And what can be more constructive than Love? So in order to be constructive, the Fire has to be seen as Love. Seen in that light, I take the side of Pleroo.
Amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 04:02 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2luv View Post
any man in christ AS HIS FOUNDATION is saved from the fire OF THE FATHER'S KINGDOM AND PRESENSE. JESUS WILL SAVE HIM.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:10 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
any man in christ is saved from the fire............ But he will be saved.. But it says nothing about his rewards . He gets none.. And he is in christ and he is barely saved as if snatched from the fire and he has no reward/s.
AND YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT THAT PASSAGE IS ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE SAVED WHEN THEIR WORKS TESTED AND THEY ALL HAVE THEIR FOUNDATIONS BUILT IN/ON/THROUGH CHRIST.
No, the works of all men will be tested by fire and their works is a house they are building on a sure foundation. If they and their works can stand in the flames without being destroyed, they will receive a reward and this has nothing to do with salvation, it has to do with the resurrection.

If they stand in the flames and see their house burned, then they also burn, but they themselves saved, but only as one who goes through a fire.

They are sent to the outer court of Gentiles with their salvation while the ones who receive a reward are resurrected.

1 Corinthians 3
13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:18 PM

75 posts, read 50,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Hmmm. A raging fire that cannot be quenched. Sounds very Lake of Fire-ish to me.
That is how I see it, there is a raging fire which cannot be quenched. And it is the Lake of Fire, Hell itself will be thrown into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The heat coming from entertaining such hateful thought has got to be burning you up.
Ho hum, Christianity being called hateful thought, and who cares?

Old 05-31-2018, 04:23 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times
"Poof ashes", nothing!

I will repeat, again.....

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends."

Ta pante=the all

Our God is the Source of the all>>>>>our God is Guide of the all>>>>>>our God is the Goal of the all.

That, friend is the whole enchilada!

Old 05-31-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
any man in christ AS HIS FOUNDATION is saved from the fire OF THE FATHER'S KINGDOM AND PRESENSE. JESUS WILL SAVE HIM.
Rose has zero desire to be saved from the Fire! Since we are all destined to dwell with the God who is consuming Fire...oh never mind!

Old 05-31-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Rose has zero desire to be saved from the Fire! Since we are all destined to dwell with the God who is consuming Fire...oh never mind!
there is two kinds of fire at least .. one is a strange fire .
it will surround his people and only they will enter into it. you act like God is a wood fire and or a sulfur fire or daniel's fire.. the Lord of creations saved them through those fires because he is a different kind of fire. yet he did not harm the three jewish young men .. .
you have to be the same kind of fire as the Lord , I will call it glory.. to dwell in their presence you have to be made of the same stuff they are .. and you can not be that unless they know you. it is not a generic fire and you cant' sneak into the back door.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-31-2018 at 05:12 PM..

Old 05-31-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
there is two kinds of fire at least .. one is a strange fire .
the sukkahs will be a fire of some kind of something like plasma .. not like wood fires.. it will surround his people and only they will enter into it . you act like God is a wood fire and or a sulfur fire.
you have to be the same kind of fire as the Lord to dwell in their presense.. and you can be that unless the know you. it is not a generic fire..
That my friend is gobbeldegook! I do believe that the Fire who is our God, goes so far beyond sulfur and wood, so far>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FAR>>>>>>>>>>>> >Far

You know Rose hates to repeat, but I desire to dwell in the Presence of Him who IS Pur/Fire. Furthermore I want every last remnant of my being to be changed until He and Rose are one in thought and Nature! And it shall be so!

Old 05-31-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
That my friend is gobbeldegook! I do believe that the Fire who is our God, goes so far beyond sulfur and wood, so far>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FAR>>>>>>>>>>>> >Far

You know Rose hates to repeat, but I desire to dwell in the Presence of Him who IS Pur/Fire. Furthermore I want every last remnant of my being to be changed until He and Rose are one in thought and Nature! And it shall be so!
well you will get your hearts true desire . and it is all just pretty spiritual words unless you know him. and we will all find what we seek most.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:13 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
All I've seen from scgraham is the desire to share Biblical truth in the face of much hatred, mockery and opposition of the ungodly. Is the truth always fun? No, but it is eternal life for those who have ears to hear. If only you would thoughtfully consider the end of your ways, eternal disaster, you would see that scgraham is actually reaching out to you..

Ecclesiastes 7:2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.

Grace is much further reaching, than what scgraham is preaching. Christ rarely invoked hell on "sinners", He loved on them, and showed them a different way of life. Paul wrote "in as much as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Scgraham isn't preaching a message of grace, or peace, or love or mercy. I don't feel loved by him, I feel intensely hated and despised. I'm going to be honest, and say he scares me. He makes me feel afraid, not loved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity