Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 04:16 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,881,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Strength in forgiveness.

I don't mind discussing this subject.
It is one that I heard as very young child from a very warped person. They carried on about the original sin concept.
Reminds me of imputing sin where there is none, or sowing tares so to speak.
Regardless I loved them.

And if it were not for the Lord I would never of reconciled with the Truth.
Yeshau taught that even the wicked know how to give good gifts.
I learned this at a very young age.
And also learned what a shallow and loveless gift they gave.

Hate, also was something I learned very early on.
Tempers flaring for no rational reason.
It is spiritual.

And there are few that recognize it, unless they let go and ask for a helper.

When it comes to doubt in the existence of the All Mighty.
Yeah, pretty sure I have most intellectuals out measured in that dept.
But when you hear the Shepherd.
All doubt is destroyed.

Blessings Always
It sounds like you are in tune with the spirit of God.

But I promise you there are many Christians who would say that your experience counts for nothing. But to me they are antichrists and are disconnected from God. They only follow the written words, and they don't believe that God continues to reveal anything by his Spirit. But they don't even follow the teachings of the Bible. That is why I don't agree with many Christians, and I find many who are in tune with the Spirit and in the teachings of Christ come from varying religious traditions, not Christianity only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 04:39 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
There was a great interview with Carlos Santana where he talked about being abused as a child by some unnamed man, possibly sexually. Now, just look at what kind of person he turned out to be. When Dan Rather started asking him about certain kinds of songs he said that he didn't like "Amazing Grace" because he did not consider himself a wretch. I couldn't agree more. There are few musicians I respect as much as I respect him.
I agree entirely with Carlos. Jesus never taught to accept ourselves as being a wretch, he never even said you need to confess yourself to be a sinner. He told us to believe him, and one thing for sure that he did teach was that we were loved of the Father.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:11 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,881,928 times
"Amazing Grace" is the kind of song that shouldn't even be sung in church. At least not crammed down the throats of the congregation, forcing them to recite words that don't mean anything to many of them.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:27 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,734,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I don't know for sure if we are born "into" sin.. exactly.

what I do believe most as a better discrption is that we are born without the glory we were created with and without that glory we can't stand in his full presence and live.
which meant men would die and go to death, a place sin created . a void held by the powers of sin created men minds.
and that God then needed a man to enter hell/Death and then to overcome it.. and to be the bridge between fallen unglorious mortal men and the Glorious of all things heavenly.. So Now God has a man, who is a kings son .. who he raised.. and who rules in the darkness of men minds and someday that GUy wants a break someday .. as who wants to live in crazy land of a unglorious mind forever?
I thank him that he entered my mind and helped me .. but who wants to live in even one woman's mind forever ? dang not even a woman wants to do that for another woman either, and sometimes wouldn't do it for herself either..!! and think about thousands and millions of people hurting and needing and the endless crazy of just those in his churches who need him and are asking him for his help..

someday coming he will turn off his hearing and the churchwill be spotless and white .. because he needs a break from the crazy land of madkinds minds. someday he will get a rest !and mankind will be changed and will Go to the Fathers temple for help.
I should have said we are born into complete glorilessness and pure dumbness of all things spiritual ..as is self evident on this site. the Sin the amounts of sin I believe is very optional . but we need to repent for our gloriousness and complete spiritual dumbness which will lead to sin( and thus death ) at some level always ..

Old 05-31-2018, 10:52 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
I should have said we are born into complete glorilessness and pure dumbness of all things spiritual ..as is self evident on this site. the Sin the amounts of sin I believe is very optional . but we need to repent for our gloriousness and complete spiritual dumbness which will lead to sin( and thus death ) at some level always ..
No, we were born in the image of God and had it programmed into us that we were something other than that image. Don't do this, you can't do that, that's just the way it is, God will be mad with you if you do that, if you do that 1 more time you will be punished, that's your lot, God this God that, it's a job be thankful you have one, you can desire all you won't you won't get it, you'll never amount to anything and every other negative, then religion comes along and shapes the way you think. Then it is inevitable you end up you believe you are just an hapless miserable wretch.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:05 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times
Quote:
Luke 18

12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I receive.’ 13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”…

Old 05-31-2018, 11:17 AM

15,879 posts, read 6,349,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
"Amazing Grace" is the kind of song that shouldn't even be sung in church. At least not crammed down the throats of the congregation, forcing them to recite words that don't mean anything to many of them.
I think it's a good song. He was doing some horrible things so wretch seems appropriate. I think it goes along with the song by Dan Folgelberg Part of the plan...

Your conscience awakes
And you see your mistakes

And you wish someone
Would buy your confessions
The days miss their mark
And the night gets so dark
And some kind of message
Comes through to you
Some kind of message shoots through --

Can you imagine having your conscience wake up to you being a slave trader? I had my conscience awake to mundane stupidity and that was bad enough. I'm just glad I got to see my mistakes so I could stop. It was awaking to them and being forgiven from them at once. He says in the song "saved a wretch" meaning possibly he was freed from being that guy any longer and he was turned into the kind of man who would fight against it. He was given a chance to try and make up for his mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqDyH-dMrKw

Old 05-31-2018, 11:18 AM

28,104 posts, read 30,005,788 times
If we are born guilty of something we did not do, Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice did not work. Period. If God holds us accountable for the transgression committed thousands of years before we ever drew our first breath, He is not a just God. Period. This is not rocket science.

We are not born guilty of anything, and we are not accountable for any sins other than those we commit ourselves. Furthermore, if we repent of our sins and look to Jesus Christ as our Redeemer, we will be forgiven for those sins as He has already paid the price for them.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:34 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I had my conscience awake to mundane stupidity and that was bad enough. ...
ROFL. Quote of the day, in my book. I so relate.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Luke 18

12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I receive.’ 13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”…
Being humble is the opposite of prideful, it's not about calling yourself a "sinner."
It has more to do with modesty, and nothing to do with pretentious arrogance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity