Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 12:13 PM

154 posts, read 74,782 times

Advertisements

I have read alot of negative stuff online and on videos about the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I think it's fair to be able to hear the side of the story, specifically in terms of the teachings and leadership of Charles Russell, Joseph Rutherford and Nathan Knorr, and how the JW refute the accusations, including the issues of the unfulfilled predictions over the past century (1874, 1914, 1975) and have been affected by this. Unfortunately it is difficult finding their specific refutations online.
Thanks.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
I have read alot of negative stuff online and on videos about the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I think it's fair to be able to hear the side of the story, specifically in terms of the teachings and leadership of Charles Russell, Joseph Rutherford and Nathan Knorr, and how the JW refute the accusations, including the issues of the unfulfilled predictions over the past century (1874, 1914, 1975) and have been affected by this. Unfortunately it is difficult finding their specific refutations online.
Thanks.
There are a few that actively post here. I'd love to see their answers to these questions.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:18 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Thanks.

Most err in their false reasonings about the JW,s. Fact--Har-mageddon is a real prophecy made by God. A false prophecy is something fake made up and never occurs. Their error was trying to date it. And as well At Matthew 24:45--- These are the teachers Jesus appoints here in these last days--They give food( spiritual) at the proper time( When God wills it known)--means they don't know those truths until God wills. His own angels desired to know them all along( 1Peter 1:12). That means satan couldn't know them either and he couldn't twist it all into oblivion like he tried, and supposed Christianity turned into a mass of confusion( 34,000 different ones) There is only one truth, one religion has Jesus. The ones who have revealed these hidden truths here in these last days( Daniel 12:4) It took making corrections to errors.
All those men had certain truths revealed through them. When God willed.

Here is an example of how God works through them
Cigarette smoking was allowed up until right before they put all the poisons into the tobacco. All had 6 months to quit. No one knew until much later about the poisions added. Imagine a govt allowing this atrocite to occur to its citizens.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:57 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Most err in their false reasonings about the JW,s. Fact--Har-mageddon is a real prophecy made by God. A false prophecy is something fake made up and never occurs. Their error was trying to date it. And as well At Matthew 24:45--- These are the teachers Jesus appoints here in these last days--They give food( spiritual) at the proper time( When God wills it known)--means they don't know those truths until God wills. His own angels desired to know them all along( 1Peter 1:12). That means satan couldn't know them either and he couldn't twist it all into oblivion like he tried, and supposed Christianity turned into a mass of confusion( 34,000 different ones) There is only one truth, one religion has Jesus. The ones who have revealed these hidden truths here in these last days( Daniel 12:4) It took making corrections to errors.

Cigarette smoking was allowed up until right before they put all the poisons into the tobacco. All had 6 months to quit. No one knew until much later about the poisions added. Imagine a govt allowing this atrocite to occur to its citizens.

Each of those men making the predictive dates really thought they were correct. Did God have a change of heart?

Old 07-11-2018, 05:19 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Each of those men making the predictive dates really thought they were correct. Did God have a change of heart?

No--all the aspects of Revelation had to be in place. I have been sharing with all, Rev 13 has been occurring for many years and still. its way past that basically.
At Rev 6 the ride of the white horse= righteous war-- the war in heaven began that ride--Michael took that ride, yet receives the crown promised to Jesus, and as well The war in heaven( satan booted out forever) I believe was the bruising of his head, foretold in genesis to be done by Jesus. That ride is still going on--leading the advancement of the good news of Gods kingdom-- That kingdom rule comes to earth fully at Har-mageddon. Where Jesus is the rider of the white horse. Its the same ride that began at the war in heaven. Ends with Gods kingdom ruling all of creation( Daniel 2:44) And Jesus hands back the kingdom to his God( 1Corinthians 15:24-28) and Father and subjects himself)---- forever. Because he is Michael--The real reason upon his return( 1Thess 4:16) he comes with the voice of the archangel,) Its his voice.
The real reason he teaches he has a God-his Father-John 20:17, Rev 3:12

Old 07-11-2018, 06:18 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
No--all the aspects of Revelation had to be in place. I have been sharing with all, Rev 13 has been occurring for many years and still. its way past that basically.
At Rev 6 the ride of the white horse= righteous war-- the war in heaven began that ride--Michael took that ride, yet receives the crown promised to Jesus, and as well The war in heaven( satan booted out forever) I believe was the bruising of his head, foretold in genesis to be done by Jesus. That ride is still going on--leading the advancement of the good news of Gods kingdom-- That kingdom rule comes to earth fully at Har-mageddon. Where Jesus is the rider of the white horse. Its the same ride that began at the war in heaven. Ends with Gods kingdom ruling all of creation( Daniel 2:44) And Jesus hands back the kingdom to his God( 1Corinthians 15:24-28) and Father and subjects himself)---- forever. Because he is Michael--The real reason upon his return( 1Thess 4:16) he comes with the voice of the archangel,) Its his voice.
The real reason he teaches he has a God-his Father-John 20:17, Rev 3:12

How did the elders get it wrong? Their predictions were pretty specific.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 07-11-2018 at 06:30 PM..

Old 07-11-2018, 06:38 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Thanks.
Why would I ever want to hear their side of the story? Do we need to go through thousands of religions listening to different opinions to know the Truth?

Truth is absolute. Two differing conclusions about Jesus cannot both be right. If you are wrong about Him, it doesn’t matter what you are right about

Old 07-11-2018, 06:46 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Why would I ever want to hear their side of the story? Do we need to go through thousands of religions listening to different opinions to know the Truth?

Truth is absolute. Two differing conclusions about Jesus cannot both be right. If you are wrong about Him, it doesn’t matter what you are right about
What is the TRUTH? And not what you have been told, taught or manipulated into believing.

Provide definitive evidence your truth is the only truth and your church is the only church and your interpretation is the only interpretation..

Otherwise STOP BASHING those who reject your interpretation and read a different book.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:25 AM

154 posts, read 74,782 times
What does any of this have to do with the issue of the Opening Posting of this thread?? Can we get back to the subject of the thread?

Old 07-12-2018, 08:48 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:

So...there was nothing bad in tobacco smoke until when? When did that happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.