Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 08:49 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
What does any of this have to do with the issue of the Opening Posting of this thread?? Can we get back to the subject of the thread?
What is the subject of this thread? To challenge the teachings of a religion?

Old 07-12-2018, 08:50 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
No--all the aspects of Revelation had to be in place. I have been sharing with all, Rev 13 has been occurring for many years and still. its way past that basically.
At Rev 6 the ride of the white horse= righteous war-- the war in heaven began that ride--Michael took that ride, yet receives the crown promised to Jesus, and as well The war in heaven( satan booted out forever) I believe was the bruising of his head, foretold in genesis to be done by Jesus. That ride is still going on--leading the advancement of the good news of Gods kingdom-- That kingdom rule comes to earth fully at Har-mageddon. Where Jesus is the rider of the white horse. Its the same ride that began at the war in heaven. Ends with Gods kingdom ruling all of creation( Daniel 2:44) And Jesus hands back the kingdom to his God( 1Corinthians 15:24-28) and Father and subjects himself)---- forever. Because he is Michael--The real reason upon his return( 1Thess 4:16) he comes with the voice of the archangel,) Its his voice.
The real reason he teaches he has a God-his Father-John 20:17, Rev 3:12
You still haven't actually addressed the OP.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What is the subject of this thread? To challenge the teachings of a religion?
I think he summed it up in his OP--he wants to know the explanation for the apparent false prophecies. I think it's worth asking. You and others are much more harsh to many other Christians regarding things you disagree with. Every other thread around here seems to be attacking anyone that believes in the Trinity or Hell.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:58 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

You are not listening. Pay attention.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:06 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I did in post #3

Old 07-12-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I did in post #3
You seemed to talk around it. So the point of it is that the erred by naming dates?

Old 07-12-2018, 03:50 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
What does any of this have to do with the issue of the Opening Posting of this thread?? Can we get back to the subject of the thread?
Not likely, I'm afraid.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:45 PM

154 posts, read 74,910 times
I am getting back to the thread subject. In terms of classification as a cult perhaps by virtue of seeking to keep the followers within the fold, it doesn't seem that the JW are more in that situation than other groups. And of course the JW have features that resemble the Catholic Church as well (central ideological control).
Other aspects such as secrecy seemed to be more prevalent among the Mormons who have secret rituals and who don't even reveal financial records for tithing to their members.

Perhaps a better description of JW is "eccentric." That seems to me to be more appropriate. Perhaps even "very eccentric." It seems to me it would be awfully difficult to describe a sect composed of millions of people worldwide as a cult which corresponds to Branch Davidians or some Far Eastern neo-Hindu sect. Thus my tentative view is that the hostility towards the JW more than other groups is probably exaggerated and overblown, even if they are very eccentric. ;-)

Old 07-12-2018, 04:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
I have read alot of negative stuff online and on videos about the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I think it's fair to be able to hear the side of the story, specifically in terms of the teachings and leadership of Charles Russell, Joseph Rutherford and Nathan Knorr, and how the JW refute the accusations, including the issues of the unfulfilled predictions over the past century (1874, 1914, 1975) and have been affected by this. Unfortunately it is difficult finding their specific refutations online.
Thanks.
It is better to ignore something, rather than be embarrassed by it.
Especially, if the dates were derived from a form of pyramidology?

Old 07-12-2018, 06:35 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times
Quote:
I am getting back to the thread subject. In terms of classification as a cult perhaps by virtue of seeking to keep the followers within the fold, it doesn't seem that the JW are more in that situation than other groups. And of course the JW have features that resemble the Catholic Church as well (central ideological control).
Other aspects such as secrecy seemed to be more prevalent among the Mormons who have secret rituals and who don't even reveal financial records for tithing to their members.

Perhaps a better description of JW is "eccentric." That seems to me to be more appropriate. Perhaps even "very eccentric." It seems to me it would be awfully difficult to describe a sect composed of millions of people worldwide as a cult which corresponds to Branch Davidians or some Far Eastern neo-Hindu sect. Thus my tentative view is that the hostility towards the JW more than other groups is probably exaggerated and overblown, even if they are very eccentric. ;-)

Not Eccentric--No part of this world as Jesus taught us to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity