Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 12:49 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times

Advertisements

I'm just glad the Jehovah Witness's stopped knocking on my door.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:50 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I'm just glad the Jehovah Witness's stopped knocking on my door.

Why don't you like what Jesus actually taught? No trinity religion does.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
But don't JW also have to address the fact of the changing beliefs and failed predictions that have existed and are the basis of their religion?
And by eccentric I was thinking of some of the aspects such as opposition to transfusions that emerged out if nowhere.

In the NT it says---Abstain from blood--- That's all blood. Blood is sacred to God its why he required it for sacrifice. As well in the OT it clearly teaches--the soul is in the blood--So do you get anothers soul if you take their blood?
Many have disobeyed Gods rule and contracted-Aids,Hep c and all sorts of various diseases and died anyways.
In the Ot it spoke of not eating it. They didn't know how to do blood transfusion back then. In the NT days they do. ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:54 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Why don't you like what Jesus actually taught? No trinity religion does.
lol...keep banging that drum. Maybe someone will believe you eventually. It's a shame you have chosen to ignore orthodoxy.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
If not abused probably were much better. Poisions are NEVER any good. Many claim its the Chemo that kills one-not the cancer.( paying to be poisioned when you are already sick in a way.)- There are other ways.
Right. Until the 1970's cigarettes were ok. If not abused.

Wow.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:19 AM

22 posts, read 8,099 times
Jehovah Witnesses make a lot of things up.

Even animals have souls in the Bible - there are many verses that show that animals also are literal souls as well.

So then should Jehovah Witnesses be vegetarians ?

The Bible indicates clearly that Animals Do Have Souls.
And the Protestant and Catholic translators shifted back and forth between words like heart, body, mind, will, desire, pleasure, appetite, ghost, dead, mortally, any, lives, one, yourselves, one, any, thing, beast, man, persons, me, she, he, them, man, any, yourselves, thyself - but when they used all of these other words - they are all the same exact Hebrew word for “ SOUL “And the Hebrew word SOUL - נֶפֶשׁ - nephesh is used 753 times in the Old Testament. " although mostly as soul "

Last edited by bellhouse; 07-19-2018 at 09:28 AM..

Old 07-19-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Right. Until the 1970's cigarettes were ok. If not abused.

Wow.

God created tobacco--Mortals added poisions to it ruining it for mortals. But great for their bank accounts. In every state in the union if you poision another and they die you are a murderer, same applies to the cig makers in reality--they are murderers. They are selling cancer and heart disease because of added poisions.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
God created tobacco--Mortals added poisions to it ruining it for mortals. But great for their bank accounts. In every state in the union if you poision another and they die you are a murderer, same applies to the cig makers in reality--they are murderers. They are selling cancer and heart disease because of added poisions.
Right. Tobacco was health food until the 70's.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhouse View Post
Jehovah Witnesses make a lot of things up.

Even animals have souls in the Bible - there are many verses that show that animals also are literal souls as well.

So then should Jehovah Witnesses be vegetarians ?

The Bible indicates clearly that Animals Do Have Souls.
And the Protestant and Catholic translators shifted back and forth between words like heart, body, mind, will, desire, pleasure, appetite, ghost, dead, mortally, any, lives, one, yourselves, one, any, thing, beast, man, persons, me, she, he, them, man, any, yourselves, thyself - but when they used all of these other words - they are all the same exact Hebrew word for “ SOUL “And the Hebrew word SOUL - נֶפֶשׁ - nephesh is used 753 times in the Old Testament. " although mostly as soul "

The bible says of the fish and animals--They became a living soul. They were not given a soul as some believe. The Jw,s are correct on the matter. The breath of life makes one a living soul. They do not have a soul being inside of themselves.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
lol...keep banging that drum. Maybe someone will believe you eventually. It's a shame you have chosen to ignore orthodoxy.

I believed Jesus over orthodoxy lies that is why I didn't become one of them. The teachings of Jesus are contradicted by those teachers 7 days a week. They failed to listen to Jesus' warning--John 15:20-21
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity