Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 08:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,290,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And your god is also so very small. I'm sorry that you serve such a small god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Are you being serious? A God of "immeasurable love from which everything flows" to you is small in your mind? A God who doesn't kill people, or command others to kill in it's name is small to you? Do you realize that you sound like the kid on the playground insisting that his dad can beat everyone else's dad up?
Fundies' god has muscles. It's uber-macho to the max.

One can almost picture it singing YMCA.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:41 PM

605 posts, read 337,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Hi Fundie, you're here late !!

No family to spend the holiday with??

Are you also on a long shift for 2.5 days straight... like I am??

hopefully you're getting overtime

I need it. Crazy shift.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,459,299 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc0gYbTNctU

Old 11-21-2018, 09:33 PM

88,885 posts, read 85,369,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I could have written this response for you as it is in the playbook and the parroting is internet wide.

A. Laugh it off and dismiss
B. Shout out ‘prejudice !’
C. Belittle

So, lets talk facts.

What thread is the largest? Certainly it is not Jesus, Holy Spirit, or God the Father. Think about it. A forum to discuss “Christianity” and it is not the the most written topic? And, Not to mention the thread starts off as an attack against believers who trust the Bible as the inspired Word of God!

What does God through His Word say about homosexuality? We all know the verses. Yet, it is simply ignored or claim misinterpretation.

There is a division and we all know it. But it is not exactly what you think it is.
No, it came from my own heart and knowledge. I don't discuss religion anywhere else on the Internet, so there would be nothing to parrot.

Even above, you just can't get out of the whole prison of "God through his Word said.." thinking. There is a saying, "You can't try to escape from a dungeon if you don't realize you are in one." Just hoping you'll think and that one day your eyes will open.

Old 11-22-2018, 03:00 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,406,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Are you being serious? A God of "immeasurable love from which everything flows" to you is small in your mind? A God who doesn't kill people, or command others to kill in it's name is small to you? Do you realize that you sound like the kid on the playground insisting that his dad can beat everyone else's dad up?
The reason bible fundamentalists cannot get past the perception of God they hold in their minds to the much broader view of God is their perception of God being a sin hating God, holds them as well as the ones they condemn to be sinners under the same condemnation. They have not understood the good news, the vastness of the love of God and felt the effects of it.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:26 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,492,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Yes, the Bible gives God a bad name. Anyone who reads it and thinks genocide, rape, and slavery are proof that God
loves us gives him/herself a bad name. Those things are not love.

Not that I need people to agree with me...but, it is always nice to see others see the same thing.
This insight does nothing less than to exalt God, this magnificent, eternal Being...praising His actual Divine Nature
of pure love...
not the stories told about Him and all He is blamed for doing and wanting.
My take.

Couldn't rep you again.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:28 AM

16,749 posts, read 15,789,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
Hi Fundie, you're here late !!

No family to spend the holiday with??

Are you also on a long shift for 2.5 days straight... like I am??

hopefully you're getting overtime

I need it. Crazy shift.
TroutDude is in Canada. He doesn't have a holiday this week. Canada celebrated Thanksgiving last month, like they do every year.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:49 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,492,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
...I've come to the conclusion that since Abraham was devoted to GOD, he already knew he
was just being obedient and there would be no harm to his son.
I have known that from the first time I heard the story as a child....I only say that cuz
of your, "Seriously, read it"...most of us here are
college grads and have degrees....and have grown up since 3rd grade Sunday School.
I know this sounds like I'm being intense... please don't read it that way...
just saying we are smarter than you think.
Quote:
So they never learn about the actual topic, it's just constant babble
intended to detract from scripture
Wrong.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:28 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,649,498 times
hey, I was atheist by 3rd grade.

the universe made pacaso, calculus, emerson lake and palmer, lincoln, sherman, lee, washington. the universe also created the anti-those. Gravity is the only thing so far without an anti particle, it doesn't fit the standard model. lmao, but its here.

yes, some of us don't like christianity because of how christians behave. Me? I am not a christian simply because there is no way a dude died, woke up, and flew away for our sins. I mean in third grade i saw it.

I am against people that are hide personal emotionally based agenda's behind nobel causes. I don't much care what they believe. I am only an atheist. I do not make any choices based on a god. More precisely, I don't make any choices based on a statement of belief about god. or how I feel about christianity.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:13 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,748,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The reason bible fundamentalists cannot get past the perception of God they hold in their minds to the much broader view of God is their perception of God being a sin hating God, holds them as well as the ones they condemn to be sinners under the same condemnation. They have not understood the good news, the vastness of the love of God and felt the effects of it.
NO I agree with your general statement. except for where start accusing christians.
what part I disagree with you is that God still hates sin in us.. but Jesus the man died for it.. it is father's plan to bring us back into the knowledge and right standing with God our Father.. and yes it was a glorious gift..
Now that means we must still try remain humble and thankful and repentant when we sin or realize how we sinned and burdened man or God and do the best we can to submit ourselves to His Spirit to change our hearts , so that we are not an offense to God while we learn of him by trail and errors .
and some day there is a water that will wash us clean of all our sins and falling shorts.
in the mean time we need the Lord and his wWords to wash our minds with both his wWords . and the living words which is His church walking our his wWords!

Eph 5:24

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Eph 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Eph 5:26

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Eph 5:27

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Eph 5:28

So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies( as Jesus did and does now ). He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Eph 5:29

For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Eph 5:30

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.( we are all his church/his wife)

Eph 5:31

For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:32

This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

the goal has never been lowered .. the way to walk in it has been provided and supplied By Him !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-22-2018 at 08:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity