Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 12:43 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,606,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
'They' (the Jeffs, the Finns, the BFundies, the anti-gay bakers, etc.) have a convenient 'get out of jail free' card on that one. As long as the divorced and remarried couples 'repent' of this sin (i.e. they merely need to give lip service but not actually change their situation) they're now good to remain in that sin because it's now been wiped clean. ??? In other words, they are not required to annul that second or third marriage, they are not required to return to their former spouse as per the original vow, and they are not required to otherwise remain celibate for the rest of their lives. Yes, I know ...it's crazy but true!

On the other hand, a gay person might repent of his/her 'sin' of, um, 'being gay', BUT they are only seen to be genuinely repentant and accepted by the Jeffs, the Finns, the BFundies, the anti-gay bakers, etc. if they either turn 'straight' and seek out a lifetime partner of the opposite gender ...or they otherwise vow to remain celibate for the rest of their lives.

See how it works? And these folks wonder why they are mocked and called hypocrites!
That's is crazy. If I was divorced and if continued to have sex with my new wife I would be committing adultery per the word of God. Thus my only act of true repentance would be to leave my wife and return to my first wife. In the Bible God has indeed told men and woman to separate from unlawful partners. When the Jews returned to Zion from Babylon in the books of Ezra and Nehemiah lawfully married people who had married non Jews were told to leave their foreign spouses to take Jewish partners so if the argument is well God could not stomach abandoning a partner who was innocent well the Bible has a precedent for that as well.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:58 PM

I used to believe all the same things about gays that many here do. Resources like those produced by Focus on the Family and other sources to " Promote traditional values " are things I know well. I just don't believe it. I can certainly appreciate the sincerity of those who believe it. But we don't rebuke divorced people because we know more about emotions and relationships today. Also we are not governed by shame like past societies or societies in many countries in the world. So we show compassion to the divorced and do not rebuke them. We show concern and compassion to glutton, adulterers, gamblers, gossips, and all types or sinners, but not for ferries. God don't forgive ferries. Unrepentant sinners are every where in every pew in every pulpit. It's a sin to judge others but that is a Church cottage industry so just point out how sinful the ***** are. Just realize that we are all sinners and unrepentant sinners at that. We all remain in sin despite our best intentions. Every single one of us. We may just give up one sin for an other but we all continue to sin every day. Gays get no more scorn from me because I would just be a hypocrite and liar when they expose me for my sins.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:13 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,880,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
said the scarecrow and tin man to Dorthy..
You are comparing yourself to Judy Garland, one of the biggest icons of the gay community for all time? Interesting.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:29 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,611,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
said the scarecrow and tin man to Dorthy..
Dorothy was called a bigoted, intolerant, ignorant, gay hater by the scarecrow and tin man? Interesting...

Old 10-14-2019, 01:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,404,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Most pastors regularly perform ceremonies of remarriage. These are men of God who receive direct communication from God. If they were truly participating in a sinful ceremony, the Holy Spirit would most certainly convict them so obviously there are more factors at play here than your simplistic view.
Ever heard the word, gullible.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:44 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,880,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Most pastors regularly perform ceremonies of remarriage. These are men of God who receive direct communication from God. If they were truly participating in a sinful ceremony, the Holy Spirit would most certainly convict them so obviously there are more factors at play here than your simplistic view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Ever heard the word, gullible.
Wait......

Are you serious?

Jeff, from where do you get this bolded above information? What branch of fundamental evangelicalism teaches that there is a classification of Christians? Where in the scripture does it say that pastors receive direct revelation from God?

What? Are you serious? What concept of the priesthood of the believer have you been taught? You certainly didn't get this from study of scripture....

Old 10-14-2019, 01:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,404,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
Crazy, insane, and irrational.

Old 10-14-2019, 02:09 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,611,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Crazy, insane, and irrational.
Yea, I entertained them long enough to get that they are seriously bigoted and hateful towards gay people, and now I'm back to ignoring the crazy rants.

Old 10-14-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yea, I entertained them long enough to get that they are seriously bigoted and hateful towards gay people, and now I'm back to ignoring the crazy rants.
Evangelicals are so hypocritical. And not only that inconsistent with their methodology and hermeneutics. I had a conversation with a guy who seemed intelligent about the topic of the rapture. I don't believe in it. By the end I raised in him doubt and he started talking over me and saying he believes in God more then me and started yelling. They are sometimes nuts.

Old 10-14-2019, 02:33 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,737,235 times
I'm talking about your inhumanity and confusion as in making up what you are as you go .. and humanity IS BEING FORCED to accept
EVERY YOU ALL DECIDE AND EVERYTHING YOU MAKE UP AS YOU GO ( tinmen and scare crows included ) , we are told we must accept al of it.. .. and WE GET NO INPUT as to just how offensive this society has become to both real men and real women.

AND YET YOU THINK YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO INPUT INTO WHAT THE LORDS CHURCH's DO AND BELIEVE.
BUT YOU just DON'T !! AND YOu HAVE NO SUCH RIGHT .. AND THE LORD WILL PROVE THAT ONE DAY.. SOON.!
hopefully you will get out of your own way and let him help you get unconfused.
He loves you and created you and all and each of us .... for a purpose and a reason and that it isn' for you to do what you do..
you're missing your biggest bravest truths and realities ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity