Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 03:36 AM

6,802 posts, read 2,922,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's
"Verily I say unto thee, do not be how I made you gays, or you'll burn in hell"- God, according to RainyStepsister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCinderella View Post
What? LOL!

My very, very close gay, male friend did not say he was born this way/made this way! He knew when his sheer hate for women turned him gay, and this was at 5 years of age. His first attraction to males was when his cousin putting on a swimsuit.
While I don't waste my time these days debating WHY someone is gay - be it nature or nurture or none of the above, I don't care - a male's hatred for women would not automatically result in a sexual attraction toward another male. Your friend - if your story is true - would likely be innately gay PRIOR to any former incident involving females that supposedly 'made him gay'. The guilt trip gay people experience from others will often drive them to make up stories as to 'why' they're gay in an attempt to lessen the guilt.

Old 03-11-2021, 03:55 AM

6,802 posts, read 2,922,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's
Even knowing that, she still "didn't lie to him" and made sure to tell him she didn't support his lifestyle... You know, like the people who caused him to nearly kill himself?
Quote:
No! I did not "make sure" I told him that. I did not ever say to him that I didn't support his lifestyle. I didn't have to. HE disliked his lifestyle. He was seeking God and he was so honest that he didn't cuss out or change the radio station when the preacher that he liked so much, said things like "How could the rear end of a man look good to another man?! oh c'monn" and things like that.
Your radio evangelist sounds like a real winner.

Old 03-11-2021, 05:26 AM

15,885 posts, read 6,352,105 times
Quote:
Jesus/God is the perfect parent. We parents that are not perfect do indeed have our childrens' backs, but we have rules and standards. Our children should not take us for granted as they do whatever they wish and part of that being they are violating our rules.

I take Jesus as His words. I believe He will forgive me when I regret my wrong doings.

I know I am damn lucky/blessed that He is still putting up with me.

I get it, that He is sovereign and he is the boss, we are not.

Life is not Burger King and we cannot "have it our way."
"Forgive them for they know not what they do". Jesus himself demonstrated that forgiveness isn't based on repentance. Plenty of people are capable of forgiving a non repentant person. I think God could pull it off. Once a person understands that most if this is out of ignorance its more of a roll the eyes thing. Most of it ceases to enter the relm of right/wrong and needing forgiveness anyway.

A child does not exist to please the parents. Its not a master/slave arrangement. Rules are there to keep the child safe not to show authority. If my daughter would have done something against the rules as a child I would be concerned about the harm she had caused herself. I wouldn't add insult to injury with the uber narcissistic version if "I told you do." I'd help her up.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:57 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,836,067 times
Quote:
HE, my friend wished to something other than he is./was...
He introduced me to a Christian preacher on the radio. Yeah, we'd drive around toking a joint and laugh at the preacher's bluntness, but my friend! liked the guy.

The guy tried to help gays along with the rest of us awaken to what ailed us.
Well, that's a shame. I hope at some point in his life he embraced who he was.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:27 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
Quote:
No! I did not "make sure" I told him that. I did not ever say to him that I didn't support his lifestyle. I didn't have to. HE disliked his lifestyle. He was seeking God and he was so honest that he didn't cuss out or change the radio station when the preacher that he liked so much, said things like "How could the rear end of a man look good to another man?! oh c'monn" and things like that. (yes, I stated this because I remember that preacher actually saying that, but the "oh c'monn" is my addition because he had that attitude, that tone.)
So, it's all about the "rear end" of a man verses that of women? I doubt a five year old would distinguish a difference or even know what hate was at that age. Do you know how ridiculous you sound, and the ignorance of your statements? Apparently, you must believe that sex, or a tight, nice looking butt is the only reason for relationships. Good grief, girl, what side of the tracks did you grow-up on, or was it a trailer park? Perhaps, it was merely the drugs? How much do you know, or understand about human sexuality, other than what your bible supposedly says? Or, what you have been programmed to believe through the Church. At what age did you decide to be heterosexual?

Old 03-11-2021, 07:36 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,610,021 times
Quote:
What? LOL!

My very, very close gay, male friend did not say he was born this way/made this way! He knew when his sheer hate for women turned him gay, and this was at 5 years of age. His first attraction to males was when his cousin putting on a swimsuit.

I am aware that some believe they were born gay, and others were molested and know they became gay, and then there's my 'ole buddy and I know his story very well.
You are born gay, SunCin. If someone has relations (or attractions) with the opposite sex, and also same sex, they are bisexual, not gay. I have experience in this, whereas you don't. As for your friend, if he was 5 years old when he realized it, then he was obviously born this way. At that age, you can barely decide anything for yourself, much less you future sexual orientation. You're just proving the point.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
No! I did not "make sure" I told him that. I did not ever say to him that I didn't support his lifestyle. I didn't have to. HE disliked his lifestyle. He was seeking God and he was so honest that he didn't cuss out or change the radio station when the preacher that he liked so much, said things like "How could the rear end of a man look good to another man?! oh c'monn" and things like that. (yes, I stated this because I remember that preacher actually saying that, but the "oh c'monn" is my addition because he had that attitude, that tone.)
Well, you certainly made it sound like it when you said, " I did not try to make him think that I supported his lifestyle.". The reason your friend disliked his lifestyle is because of people like you. Those who demeaned and bullied him for being gay. Those who couldn't help but tell him how perverted and disgusting he was. Like you. You seem to think that because you were "friends", this somehow makes you better. You did the same things those other people did, just veiled behind your supposed friendship.

Old 03-11-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, it's all about the "rear end" of a man verses that of women? I doubt a five year old would distinguish a difference or even know what hate was at that age. Do you know how ridiculous you sound, and the ignorance of your statements? Apparently, you must believe that sex, or a tight, nice looking butt is the only reason for relationships. Good grief, girl, what side of the tracks did you grow-up on, or was it a trailer park? Perhaps, it was merely the drugs? How much do you know, or understand about human sexuality, other than what your bible supposedly says? Or, what you have been programmed to believe through the Church. At what age did you decide to be heterosexual?
That's all they think about Jer. Ever wonder why they always speak on male/male relationships, and anal sex? They personally find it gross, so therefore those people are gross and God hates them. It sounds to me like she grew up having the Bible shoved down her throat until she was brainwashed enough to believe without questioning. Either that or she is a "born again".

But yes, I would love to know when Sunshine made the decision to be hetero. I bet that story will be interesting.

Old 03-11-2021, 08:22 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,047,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
Nonsense. You know where the Bible says that a person who divorces for reasons other than sexual immorality and remarries commits adultery. I'm not playing whatever game this is.

You want to excuse the sin of heterosexual adultery on second and on marriages because it wouldn't work in most evangelical churches. You play games to create leeway to explain away your acceptance of sin from the "right" people . The Catholic Church agrees with me here. This is from the Catechism.

“Contracting a new union, even if it is recognized by civil law, adds to the gravity of the rupture: the remarried spouse is then in a situation of public and permanent adultery.”

Churches who redefine adultery as just the one time act of marriage as the sin do so to satisfy their divorced members. The Bible never teaches this.
I've asked you to show me the verse that backs up your position. You have not. Until you do, this is done.

Old 03-11-2021, 08:24 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,047,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The next time you feel the need to accuse other Christians of "attacking" fundamentalists, remember the false, unkind, diminishing statement about other Christians you just made above. It is not the first time you've said this. Remember it the next time you are about to complain about how nasty other posters are.
I didn't mention any Christians, did I? Nor did I mention that anyone is not a Christian.

Ya know what? It's a shame that you can't see the stick in your own eye, and those you agree with. I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited by BaptistFundie; 03-11-2021 at 08:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity