Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2021, 05:43 PM

16,098 posts, read 6,435,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCinderella View Post
God is quite clear that one must be "spotless" to enter heaven.

We don't just "appear" spotless as we still oink in sin. We must BE spotless.

Bible says otherwise, we would be "re-crucifying" Christ and that is not allowed.

Bible says "narrow the way, FEW find it." That's why I personally hold myself to a strict standard and I refuse to fall for the lie that "once saved, always saved."

My salvation and entrance to heaven will be assured according to the Great balance, so to speak and where my soul's condition is the moment I leave my body.
This is the problem with the whole salvation thing IMO. It gets people so focused on saving their own behinds they aren't free. If you truly trusted that Jesus had your back no matter what how would that change the way you see yourself? If you knew Jesus was doing the same for other people how would that change the way you look at other people?

Old 03-10-2021, 06:06 PM

176 posts, read 97,364 times
Jesus/God is the perfect parent. We parents that are not perfect do indeed have our childrens' backs, but we have rules and standards. Our children should not take us for granted as they do whatever they wish and part of that being they are violating our rules.

I take Jesus as His words. I believe He will forgive me when I regret my wrong doings.

I know I am damn lucky/blessed that He is still putting up with me.

I get it, that He is sovereign and he is the boss, we are not.

Life is not Burger King and we cannot "have it our way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This is the problem with the whole salvation thing IMO. It gets people so focused on saving their own behinds they aren't free. If you truly trusted that Jesus had your back no matter what how would that change the way you see yourself? If you knew Jesus was doing the same for other people how would that change the way you look at other people?

Old 03-10-2021, 06:17 PM

What? LOL!

My very, very close gay, male friend did not say he was born this way/made this way! He knew when his sheer hate for women turned him gay, and this was at 5 years of age. His first attraction to males was when his cousin putting on a swimsuit.

I am aware that some believe they were born gay, and others were molested and know they became gay, and then there's my 'ole buddy and I know his story very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
"Verily I say unto thee, do not be how I made you gays, or you'll burn in hell"- God, according to RainyStepsister.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:18 PM

Mystic, it is no I that deny them anything.

It is our God and our Lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So you remain celibate as you would require gays to do???
Yes, I act on lust but I am married and I sanctify the act by bringing to it the love I have for my wife. That is what you would deny to the gays who want to marry.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:22 PM

Society is accepting so there are folks that are determined to coerce christianity to also accept and support, to validate.

We would not "be" Christian if we went along to get along.

The day is almost here when it's literally unsafe to simply speak the truth.

No wonder Book of Revelations says that there will be many under the throne calling out for justice that were beheaded for Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Because closed-minded individuals have made it up in their minds that it's ok because that's just how they feel. So they base their doctrine on feelings, instead of facts.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:24 PM

HE, my friend wished to something other than he is./was...
He introduced me to a Christian preacher on the radio. Yeah, we'd drive around toking a joint and laugh at the preacher's bluntness, but my friend! liked the guy.

The guy tried to help gays along with the rest of us awaken to what ailed us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The saddest thing in this post is that your friend tried to kill himself when he was young, most likely because he was torn, confused, something, about being true to who he was for fear that he would be condemned for being that person. How unfair of a God to claim to love someone unconditionally yet not accept him because of his sexual orientation and would require that he be something other than who he is.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-10-2021 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 03-10-2021, 06:27 PM

MightyQueen801, you said to me,

"While I of course disagree that the writings made us aware that he existed, the scriptures used to marginalize and condemn LGBTQ people have certainly been discussed at length in this thread, even just a few pages back, so I am unclear what your purpose might be in asking that question."

I was being rhetorical. I was making the point that indeed if we should discuss Bible in this thread, and not just Jesus and His Love, then of course this thread will likely always have Christians that are "at ods" with those that believe in gay marriage. (I don't doubt I could have said it better.)

Old 03-10-2021, 06:32 PM

No! I did not "make sure" I told him that. I did not ever say to him that I didn't support his lifestyle. I didn't have to. HE disliked his lifestyle. He was seeking God and he was so honest that he didn't cuss out or change the radio station when the preacher that he liked so much, said things like "How could the rear end of a man look good to another man?! oh c'monn" and things like that. (yes, I stated this because I remember that preacher actually saying that, but the "oh c'monn" is my addition because he had that attitude, that tone.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Even knowing that, she still "didn't lie to him" and made sure to tell him she didn't support his lifestyle... You know, like the people who caused him to nearly kill himself?

Old 03-10-2021, 06:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
Quote:
No! I did not "make sure" I told him that. I did not ever say to him that I didn't support his lifestyle. I didn't have to. HE disliked his lifestyle. He was seeking God and he was so honest that he didn't cuss out or change the radio station when the preacher that he liked so much, said things like "How could the rear end of a man look good to another man?! oh c'monn" and things like that. (yes, I stated this because I remember that preacher actually saying that, but the "oh c'monn" is my addition because he had that attitude, that tone.)
And fundies think gays are the sick puppies...

Old 03-10-2021, 09:48 PM

64,110 posts, read 40,405,006 times
Quote:
Mystic, it is no I that deny them anything.
It is our God and our Lord.
Absolute nonsense! It is men who wrote those verses, NOT God. That you would allow your mind to be so thoroughly corrupted by the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you think God wrote any of it is astonishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity