Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2021, 02:50 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Really? Because all you do is tell us how barbaric our beliefs are and that we are wrong.
Some of them ARE barbaric. That you do NOT think it is barbaric to torture and kill an innocent as a blood sacrifice to appease God for whatever reason, there is something seriously wrong with your value system. I said your interpretation of the reason for Christ's crucifixion as demanded by God is wrong. Our savage and brutal ancestors demanded it, NOT God.
Quote:
Wow. You're a piece of work. Incredible. The saddest thing about it is that you don't recognize yourself in your attacks on others.
You interpret attacks against heinous and harmful beliefs as attacks on you just because you currently believe them. That is not my fault.

Old 02-05-2021, 02:50 PM

521 posts, read 162,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It surely was discrimination. Thankfully, in this day and age, there are plenty of bakers out there who don't feel like they have moral high ground because they refuse to sully themselves with sinners.

A small business bakery sells cakes and not morality. A boutique catering to wealthy women would not want prostitutes wandering in to look at the merchandise. It's all about the clientele and their way of life.

Old 02-05-2021, 02:51 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sree251 View Post
Still in business? At what cost? Have you any idea what is it like to get dragged into court when you are a small business owner?

Apparently, other cake shops offered to bake the gay guys the cake and they did get their cake from elsewhere. It was the busybody social activists who caused the misery. And they do it all the time to stay in business themselves and give the LGBTQ community a bad name and further their cause in creating discord in society.
Sort of, yep

Those people are all over the place though, however there is a need for social activism to change systems which have anti-social, exclusive tendencies in them

It is the pendulum swinging to correct the Inequality but as with everything people jump onto band-wagons and support the movement/person losing sight of the reason for the change, for what purpose

The reason is not to set up the organisation for itself, the organisation is needed to bring about the change where individuals have a right to be who they are within the bounds of their society, family, etc which nowadays is more diverse, and with that diversity there needs to be more understanding, flexibility, etc

Old 02-05-2021, 02:57 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
A small business bakery sells cakes and not morality. A boutique catering to wealthy women would not want prostitutes wandering in to look at the merchandise. It's all about the clientele and their way of life.
Do they check their gay or prostitute IDs at the door? LOL> You guys. This ain't a scene out of Pretty Woman.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Do they check their gay or prostitute IDs at the door? LOL> You guys. This ain't a scene out of Pretty Woman.
Your attitude and perspective are muy compatico, Trobesmom! LOL

Old 02-05-2021, 03:10 PM

521 posts, read 162,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Sort of, yep

Those people are all over the place though, however there is a need for social activism to change systems which have anti-social, exclusive tendencies in them

It is the pendulum swinging to correct the Inequality but as with everything people jump onto band-wagons and support the movement/person losing sight of the reason for the change, for what purpose

The reason is not to set up the organisation for itself, the organisation is needed to bring about the change where individuals have a right to be who they are within the bounds of their society, family, etc which nowadays is more diverse, and with that diversity there needs to be more understanding, flexibility, etc

All organizations are set up for themselves and they are as self-serving as individuals looking out for their own interests. Corporations are people indeed. The only legitimate movement to bring about real change for the better is an unorganized revolution by all the people. Nobody wants that unless wholesale unending of everybody's life is the only option. In the meantime, all these back and forth by small factional special interest groups are out for themselves to the detriment of the public peace at the expense of the perceived victims.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:34 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
All organizations are set up for themselves and they are as self-serving as individuals looking out for their own interests. Corporations are people indeed. The only legitimate movement to bring about real change for the better is an unorganized revolution by all the people. Nobody wants that unless wholesale unending of everybody's life is the only option. In the meantime, all these back and forth by small factional special interest groups are out for themselves to the detriment of the public peace at the expense of the perceived victims.
There is a stability and instability operating at the same time in society, and society is about the collective, the needs of the people within the jurisdiction of the national boundaries and the responsibility of the “governments” of each nation, and also about the global community

The Scriptures are about both of these and the way things are changed is through the various gatherings together of people into organisations that operate over more time than an individuals life-time - some are scientific, some social, some religious, etc ultimately once they are no longer needed they are to be dissolved Or changed and others with more relevance to take their place

The changing of Heavens and earth with New heavens and earth Are about society (The unseen) not the literal creation we see

Old 02-05-2021, 03:44 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Some of them ARE barbaric. That you do NOT think it is barbaric to torture and kill an innocent as a blood sacrifice to appease God for whatever reason, there is something seriously wrong with your value system. I said your interpretation of the reason for Christ's crucifixion as demanded by God is wrong. Our savage and brutal ancestors demanded it, NOT God. You interpret attacks against heinous and harmful beliefs as attacks on you just because you currently believe them. That is not my fault.
Well praise the gnostic god! You're here to tell us ALLLLLLLLLLLLL about how we're ignorant barbarians!

Old 02-05-2021, 04:51 PM

2,962 posts, read 862,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yet another untruth from an endless font of same.

What I do, and what I live for, is stripping the thin veneer of civility from fundie bigots and exposing their cold hearts and dark spirits.

Thanks ever so much for being what you are, so I can do my work.
The first person to respond to this thread explains his purpose for being here.

“What I do, and what I live for...”
“...my work.”

Wow. A real sense of purpose.

Angry, frustrated, ineffective (after 30000 comments) and self-righteous ...and definitely not civil. A dark spirit seems to be at ‘work.’

Last edited by Iwasmadenew; 02-05-2021 at 05:40 PM..

Old 02-05-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Well praise the gnostic god! You're here to tell us ALLLLLLLLLLLLL about how we're ignorant barbarians!
No, BF, I am telling you what you believe and accept is barbaric but you seem oblivious to it. I have no idea whether or not you are an ignorant barbarian. I do have my suspicions, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity