Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 07:12 PM

3,220 posts, read 924,896 times

Advertisements

Jesus was about spreading God's word. That's what the son of man's mission is. Doing good works is not about anything that feeds the flesh. It is about feeding the spirit. God takes care of His own.

"Anyone who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

"Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your heavenly Father. "
The

" This is the work of God believe in the One He sent. "

"The man who believes in me shall do the works I do..."

" The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me. "

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 08:27 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,164,385 times
2 Corinthians 5:18-21
18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:04 AM

952 posts, read 323,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"

I've seen people say church attendance is down....I've heard horror stories of people being rejected by Christians for trivial things or exiling people for things that no one should be exiled for...

We must have a better vision for our churches and meeting houses.

As Christians all of us represent Jesus with everything we do...and if we do things that aren't based on the love of Jesus it reflects poorly on Christianity.

We must work hard at what we do...we must seek out service opportunities...we must love all and do our best.

-Don't exile people for being LGBTQ, atheist, etc...they are God's children and loved equally by God as he loves you, period.

-If someone looks like they might need help pay for their groceries and say "Jesus would want me to"...so they see the positive connection.

-Donate time at charity and when people thank you for helping say it is Jesus calling you to do it.

-If someone insults you...try to turn the other cheek and say "God loves you and we are all one."

-Go to a retirement home and play bingo, listen to stories and wear a cross necklace...I don't have a fancy one, but I have a sentimental one that is a little wood cross on a white string.

-At your meeting house or church say all are welcome...of all types...and beliefs...say we are all one. If someone isn't welcoming them simply ask that person "What would Jesus do?"

-Avoid politics within religion and state that God loves all regardless of political affiliation.

-Let people cut you in line if you aren't in a rush and say "God bless you."

-Bake someone cookies and when you give them to them say "Jesus loves you."

-Do a missionary trip overseas...in the name of Jesus.

-When someone is down...try to brighten their day and remind them that God is still with them.

We can do better...guys we really can...! We can move forward and search our own inner hearts to see Jesus truly wants us to love all and help all.

LOVE...Jesus is LOVE....Love is caring enough to do good deeds for ALL...... We need to be more like Jesus.
It's going to be alright .
I just checked & God has not felt the need to assemble an emergency "crisis" session of the Trinity .
His plan for the Kingdom of His eternal and resurrected Son to be established is right on schedule .
Inability of so many to ever be as good and humble as yourself not withstanding .

" The Lord shall send the rod of Thy strength out of Zion . Rule thou in the
midst of Thine enemies. " ( Psalm 110:2 )

Old 08-27-2019, 11:37 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,603 times
Quote:
]
ok say we do all of those "good deeds" does that mean we have to ignore Jehovah God's other Laws and rules. which were told to us through his MANY servants such as Jesus? true we must love ALL, no matter their lifestyle. but as servants of Jehovah God and followers of Jesus, we can't allow ourselves to accept the sins of this world ,(Rom.12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God). we can't just hear Jehovah God's words, we have to also apply them ,(James 1:22).

and sometimes the leaders of their Church must put out a member, if that person refuse to stop his wicked act. this is God's law, NOT man ,(1Cor. 5:11-13 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil personâ€). they are welcomed back, once they have rejected their wicked act.

you said "As Christians all of us represent Jesus with everything we do...and if we do things that aren't based on the love of Jesus it reflects poorly on Christianity." but it's more than just love of others that we must do. Jesus ALSO told us to do his Father's "WILL", if we want life ,(Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven). as well as being NO PART of this wicked world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world). are we "ALL" trying to obey those laws? if we're "ALL" suppose to "represent Jesus with everything we do." then we need to focus on ALL acts, not just the "LOVE" part.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:57 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
ok say we do all of those "good deeds" does that mean we have to ignore Jehovah God's other Laws and rules. which were told to us through his MANY servants such as Jesus? true we must love ALL, no matter their lifestyle. but as servants of Jehovah God and followers of Jesus, we can't allow ourselves to accept the sins of this world ,(Rom.12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God). we can't just hear Jehovah God's words, we have to also apply them ,(James 1:22).

and sometimes the leaders of their Church must put out a member, if that person refuse to stop his wicked act. this is God's law, NOT man ,(1Cor. 5:11-13 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil personâ€). they are welcomed back, once they have rejected their wicked act.

you said "As Christians all of us represent Jesus with everything we do...and if we do things that aren't based on the love of Jesus it reflects poorly on Christianity." but it's more than just love of others that we must do. Jesus ALSO told us to do his Father's "WILL", if we want life ,(Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven). as well as being NO PART of this wicked world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world). are we "ALL" trying to obey those laws? if we're "ALL" suppose to "represent Jesus with everything we do." then we need to focus on ALL acts, not just the "LOVE" part.
The single greatest evil perpetrated on Christians has been the evil doctrine of infallibility and inerrancy of the Bible as God's word. It is NOT! It contains information about God's Word who IS Jesus the Christ. Much of it is primitive human interpretations and cultural traditions and rules based on a belief in a wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices! It chronicles our primitive ancestors' spiritual evolution from savagery and barbarity in the schoolmaster stage. Jesus revealed and demonstrated unambiguously the True Nature of God the Father who IS agape love.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:03 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The single greatest evil perpetrated on Christians has been the evil doctrine of infallibility and inerrancy of the Bible as God's word. It is NOT! It contains information about God's Word who IS Jesus the Christ. Much of it is primitive human interpretations and cultural traditions and rules based on a belief in a wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices! It chronicles our primitive ancestors' spiritual evolution from savagery and barbarity in the schoolmaster stage. Jesus revealed and demonstrated unambiguously the True Nature of God the Father who IS agape love.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:37 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are incorrect.
Jerwade is not the one who is incorrect.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:15 PM

952 posts, read 323,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus unequivocally spoke of His Blood and that without the shedding of His blood the only reason for which He was sent by the Father from heaven would not be accomplished .
He was neither barbarous or savage . And He was very condemnatory at times as well extremely judgmental of those who mischaracterized Him . He also displayed wrath for evil :

" ...my blood is drink indeed ." ( John 6:55 )

That is unless He was misquoted by a succession of anonymous writers .

Old 08-29-2019, 05:51 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"

I've seen people say church attendance is down....I've heard horror stories of people being rejected by Christians for trivial things or exiling people for things that no one should be exiled for...

We must have a better vision for our churches and meeting houses.

As Christians all of us represent Jesus with everything we do...and if we do things that aren't based on the love of Jesus it reflects poorly on Christianity.

We must work hard at what we do...we must seek out service opportunities...we must love all and do our best.

-Don't exile people for being LGBTQ, atheist, etc...they are God's children and loved equally by God as he loves you, period.
No, not everyone is a child of God. You have to be in Christ. See John 1:12-13, Ephesians 1:5. Neither does God love everyone. See Matthew 7:23, Psalm 5:5, Psalm 11:5. Now, if someone presently is an unbeliever, but is predestined to come to Jesus (see Romans 8:28-39 and John 6:37), then that person is indeed loved by God (Romans 5:7-10). But clearly, that's untrue for most.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
Jesus unequivocally spoke of His Blood and that without the shedding of His blood the only reason for which He was sent by the Father from heaven would not be accomplished .

He was neither barbarous or savage . And He was very condemnatory at times as well extremely judgmental of those who mischaracterized Him . He also displayed wrath for evil :

" ...my blood is drink indeed ." ( John 6:55 )

That is unless He was misquoted by a succession of anonymous writers .
Are you under the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity