Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 09:56 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,757,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
It's going to be alright .
I just checked & God has not felt the need to assemble an emergency "crisis" session of the Trinity .
His plan for the Kingdom of His eternal and resurrected Son to be established is right on schedule .
The inability of so many to ever be as good and humble as yourself not withstanding .

" The Lord shall send the rod of Thy strength out of Zion . Rule thou in the
midst of Thine enemies. " ( Psalm 110:2 )
yes ! amen...... and last night and night before was the alignment under Judah the lion / leo and last night was also a New moon..... the son of God is the light that rules in the night where the Father can not go..
so as of last night...
it is a new day under Judah/ the lion of Judah... that son of King David where all the lights in the heavens are His.......... SO the question that has been trumpeting....since the bloodmoons started is ...who is under the true Lion of Judah?

then
time and times( rev 12) from last night the same kind of alignment will happen in the sky under Lady Zion/venus/ Ali cione .
7 (time) +(14 times) = 21 years from last night.. on tabernacles is the same alignment....
leaving only the "1/2 time" or 3 1/2 years of Jacobs troubles.
so we have entered into a new time... just last night.. we are now officially in "the Last Days".

His kingdom was birthed in the sky in 2017... ..

.... and it is being birthed in his church both physically and spiritually right now. The wheat/church has enter the milk stage. needing 21 years for the babies of the kingdom ...to grow and be trained by the Son before those last 3 1/2 years of troubles( for all of Jacob?). SO your right! and it is all right on time ! and to think He didn't need anyone's on earth's permission!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-30-2019 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 03:53 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,757,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
yes ! amen...... and last night and night before was the alignment under Judah the lion / leo and last night was also a New moon..... the son of God is the light that rules in the night where the Father can not go..
so as of last night...
it is a new day under Judah/ the lion of Judah... that son of King David where all the lights in the heavens are His.......... SO the question that has been trumpeting....since the bloodmoons started is ...who is under the true Lion of Judah?

then
time and times( rev 12) from last night the same kind of alignment will happen in the sky under Lady Zion/venus/ Ali cione .
7 (time) +(14 times) = 21 years from last night.. on tabernacles is the same alignment....
leaving only the "1/2 time" or 3 1/2 years of Jacobs troubles.
so we have entered into a new time... just last night.. we are now officially in "the Last Days".

His kingdom was birthed in the sky in 2017... ..

.... and it is being birthed in his church both physically and spiritually right now. The wheat/church has enter the milk stage. needing 21 years for the babies of the kingdom ...to grow and be trained by the Son before those last 3 1/2 years of troubles( for all of Jacob?). SO your right! and it is all right on time! and to think He didn't need anyone's on earth's permission!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koLhcjx8ZkA

Old 08-31-2019, 07:10 AM

1,793 posts, read 785,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
You're absolutely right. I agree with you on just about everything you've written with the sole exception of mission trips. Not that we shouldn't spread the Word of God out in the world. Instead, mission trips have come under legitimate question as being actually harmful. Better to do good in your own city than to travel somewhere else where one does not know the language, culture, or anything else.
I guess I was using the wrong terminology too. I was thinking of a service trip we did where they were already Christian....but needed help with things like labor and education...etc... I do see your point on missionary trips...but those can be beneficial if done nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
How do you know they are "Christians" ?
I've heard so many people online and in person claim that their church shunned them away or their religious family and friends shunned them away over something so silly.

I literally had a Christian tell me to my face that Quakers weren't real Christians.... How does she get to choose who is and who isn't? Also, we Quakers are a diverse group of people with different beliefs. I am from a group of Quakers that doesn't drink alcohol....which is what precipitated it...I am not 21 anyways....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You have a good heart QB, and the zeal of youth.
Thanks! You are a good person and I've looked more into animism that you told me about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
1. That verse of vision you used is way out of context. The passage in the Bible actually refers to the people in the land not having a prophet of God to declare God's Law. So it's saying where people don't follow God, they perish. That's kind of a reverse to what you're actually saying in this post.
Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

Galatians 5:14 "For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself.""

Keeping the law is loving your neighbor.....we must love our neighbor......our neighbors are all... True love is serving and sacrifice....

We win more people to the right side with love than by condemnation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Awesome, Miss Baker!!! xxoo

You are the coolest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
If we really want to show love for them we need to tell them they are sinners and will go to hell with forgiveness from Jesus which is given to all who believe in Jesus.
We are all sinners....everyone of us....especially us Christians at times.... Believing in Jesus is loving your neighbor and serving and sacrificing for them in my view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ditto!
Thank you! I like your posts too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
You have a beautiful vision, QuakerBaker!
Thank you! I admire a lot of your posts for their intelligence.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:06 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,485,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Thanks! You are a good person and I've looked more into animism that you told me about.
Animism? Anything having to do with paganism, the occult, etc., is dangerous and an insult to God. Resist the devil and his ways. God is jealous. Jesus expects undivided adoration from His bride, which He purchased with His blood. You can't serve two masters (Matthew 6:24). Don't flirt with the world or its ways. This is spiritual adultery, and it's highly offensive to God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
We are all sinners....everyone of us....especially us Christians at times.... Believing in Jesus is loving your neighbor and serving and sacrificing for them in my view.
Loving, serving, and sacrificing for your neighbors is great. But remember that it's the second commandment. The first is love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind (Matthew 22:37). To believe in Jesus is to believe that He paid the full price for your sins, and satisfied the wrath of God in your place so that you can be saved.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:13 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,467,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Animism? Anything having to do with paganism, the occult, etc., is dangerous and an insult to God. Resist the devil and his ways. God is jealous. Jesus expects undivided adoration from His bride, which He purchased with His blood. You can't serve two masters (Matthew 6:24). Don't flirt with the world or its ways. This is spiritual adultery, and it's highly offensive to God.
I haven't found God to be capable of taking offense to anything, personally.

Quote:
Loving, serving, and sacrificing for your neighbors is great. But remember that it's the second commandment. The first is love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind (Matthew 22:37). To believe in Jesus is to believe that He paid the full price for your sins, and satisfied the wrath of God in your place so that you can be saved.
But "believe in Jesus" is NOT the 'first commandment'.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:26 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,915,415 times
Quote:
No, not everyone is a child of God. You have to be in Christ. See John 1:12-13, Ephesians 1:5. Neither does God love everyone. See Matthew 7:23, Psalm 5:5, Psalm 11:5. Now, if someone presently is an unbeliever, but is predestined to come to Jesus (see Romans 8:28-39 and John 6:37), then that person is indeed loved by God (Romans 5:7-10). But clearly, that's untrue for most.
TRUE! -- Sadly, Biblical truth no longer seems to carry much weight on this forum:

CLAIMED POSITION: We’re All God’s Children (sons/daughters); or One with God. - True or False?

(F) John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

(F) Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

(F) II Corinthians 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

(F) Galatians 4:4-5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, (4:5) To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

(F) John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

(F) Hebrews 12:7-8 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? (12:8) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

(F) I John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

(3:2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:02 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,485,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I haven't found God to be capable of taking offense to anything, personally.
How can you claim to know God then? God is angry with the wicked every day (Psalm 7:11). There are copious references to God's wrath and judgment in the Bible. It's not even really necessary to point you to specific verses. Just open the Bible and read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
But "believe in Jesus" is NOT the 'first commandment'.
Well, if you don't believe in Jesus, then the wrath of God abides on you (John 3:36). That should terrify you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
TRUE! -- Sadly, Biblical truth no longer seems to carry much weight on this forum:

CLAIMED POSITION: We’re All God’s Children (sons/daughters); or One with God. - True or False?

(F) John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

(F) Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

(F) II Corinthians 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

(F) Galatians 4:4-5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, (4:5) To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

(F) John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

(F) Hebrews 12:7-8 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? (12:8) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

(F) I John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

(3:2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

I would say the passages you've quoted generally speak of the difference between those who regularly exhibit a mindset and attitude towards others that reflects the God who IS love, as opposed to those who may have not yet experienced that love in their own lives to a degree that transforms them (otherwise you're insinuating that satan [I know you think satan is a real being as opposed to a symbolic figure] actually fathered some people). Really, what is being talked about is a spiritual metaphor: either you are reflecting Love or you aren't. Of course, all people are a mixture of both love and non-love, which means there are times when they could be considered "sons/daughters" of the God who is love and times when they would not.

"EVERYONE who loves [*is loving] is born of God and knows God."

*Present tense verb

(Jghorton, do you think there is anyone who is NOT, at some point, "chastened" by the consequences of their unloving behavior? I certainly don't. The Hebrews verse itself says that EVERYONE partakes of chastisement. That brings the point home, don't you think, that all are "sons" of God?)

Last edited by Pleroo; 08-31-2019 at 10:30 AM..

Old 08-31-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
How can you claim to know God then? God is angry with the wicked every day (Psalm 7:11). There are copious references to God's wrath and judgment in the Bible. It's not even really necessary to point you to specific verses. Just open the Bible and read it!
I know the bible pretty well. And then I also know the God who is love. The first is often no reflection at all of the second.

Quote:
Well, if you don't believe in Jesus, then the wrath of God abides on you (John 3:36). That should terrify you.

It used to, when I was a [fundamentalist] Christian. Then God took me out of Christianity, and showed me how many of the doctrines I believed as a Christian had been causing me to often miss the mark on what God really IS. There is no fear in love.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:41 AM

64,148 posts, read 40,492,258 times
Quote:
There is no way you can love God if you are terrified of Him, period. There is nothing to be terrified about. God IS agape love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity